The Student Room Group

2017 Bristol medicine hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jimout
LOOL I was the person that rang to confirm they got my application 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahahah that makes me feel loads better :P.

Tbh - if we had a confirmation email - or even something on our Pearson Vue accounts that confirmed it had been sent, I wouldn't have needed to pester them :s-smilie:.

I really hope we aren't waiting until March!
Original post by TMG235
Helloooo
I've heard of people receiving interview offers for Bristol. I haven't heard back yet so I'm feeling very nervous; any opinions?
GCSEs 5A*6A
AS AAAA
A2 AAB- B in chemistry, which I am repeating and informed the uni, they accept resits.
UKCAT avg 670
I work as a care assistant in a nursing home, and have voluntary experiences in India and will be volunteering in Africa next month. I worked v hard on my personal statement and can only hope I've done enough

You've got some cracking experience - fellow HCA here :biggrin:.

Well from the few interview offers we've seen so far, they've invited people with UKCAT scores in the high 500s, so on that front you would be fine (although it's only 10%).

Sadly as you know it's so heavily reliant on your PS that no one can really know :frown:.

I'd have thought if you've managed to reflect well on what you've learnt from your experience etc I'd have thought you'd be in with a shot? The issue with the PS is that they can be so subjective - so what one person might think is good, another may not find it as strong :s-smilie:.

I wonder if personal statements are reviewed by more than one admissions tutor?

Hopefully we'll hear from them soon enough :smile:
Reply 562
Original post by thtgreeneyedgirl
You've got some cracking experience - fellow HCA here :biggrin:.

Well from the few interview offers we've seen so far, they've invited people with UKCAT scores in the high 500s, so on that front you would be fine (although it's only 10%).

Sadly as you know it's so heavily reliant on your PS that no one can really know :frown:.

I'd have thought if you've managed to reflect well on what you've learnt from your experience etc I'd have thought you'd be in with a shot? The issue with the PS is that they can be so subjective - so what one person might think is good, another may not find it as strong :s-smilie:.

I wonder if personal statements are reviewed by more than one admissions tutor?

Hopefully we'll hear from them soon enough :smile:

Woooo HCAs unite!! I'm really hoping all my experiences have been worded well enough for me to be considered, and God lets hope there's more than 1 tutor reviewing PS, I'm sure there has to be? And good luck to yourself as well!xx
Original post by TMG235
Helloooo
I've heard of people receiving interview offers for Bristol. I haven't heard back yet so I'm feeling very nervous; any opinions?
GCSEs 5A*6A
AS AAAA
A2 AAB- B in chemistry, which I am repeating and informed the uni, they accept resits.
UKCAT avg 670
I work as a care assistant in a nursing home, and have voluntary experiences in India and will be volunteering in Africa next month. I worked v hard on my personal statement and can only hope I've done enough

Well, they are very personal statement heavy so as long as you conveyed your volunteer and work experience well, I'm sure you have a good chance.
Reply 564
Original post by neuralgal
Well, they are very personal statement heavy so as long as you conveyed your volunteer and work experience well, I'm sure you have a good chance.

Gotta keep my fingers crossed! It's scary how they've started giving out interviews already though
Reply 565
Original post by thtgreeneyedgirl
Hahahah that makes me feel loads better :P.

Tbh - if we had a confirmation email - or even something on our Pearson Vue accounts that confirmed it had been sent, I wouldn't have needed to pester them :s-smilie:.

I really hope we aren't waiting until March!

Ikr, it's really not that hard to send an automated email

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bristol are being painfully slow this year! I've been trawling through last year's thread and Bristol were so much quicker with the interview offers!

I wonder if all the December slots have been filled. There do not seem to be many people who have got them. Maybe not many people are using TSR this year. I got the "we are awaiting for your UKCAT email" on the 20th October and nothing since.
Reply 568
Original post by BadLashes
I wonder if all the December slots have been filled. There do not seem to be many people who have got them. Maybe not many people are using TSR this year. I got the "we are awaiting for your UKCAT email" on the 20th October and nothing since.

Samesies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 569
Original post by lulabellead
ooo i cant seem to find it online. would you be able to post the link? :smile:

Hey are you going this Saturday? Bc I actually changed my date to this Saturday 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got surprised with an interview offer today👌🏼
Reply 571
Original post by Padraig14

When did they send the email? And your stats?
Got an interview today!!!! ****ing get in :smile:
Original post by Padraig14

Congratulations! Can I ask what date is your interview?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TaslimaM
Congratulations! Can I ask what date is your interview?

Thanks! I just booked it for the 8th of Decembers at 9am
Original post by BadLashes

There are only 2 slots left in December, both are at 9am.
Reply 576
Seems like all the November and December dates are taken... This is worrying...
Original post by jimout
When did they send the email? And your stats?

11.01am today..and my stats aren't the best but my personal statement must have been good...gcse:4a* 5a AS:AAAA a2 predictions:A*A*A*A ukcat:593 avg
Well, this just means us January folk are going to hear soon :smile:
Original post by jimout
Seems like all the November and December dates are taken... This is worrying...

All of the December dates are now taken. There are still plenty of spaces for November tho (next week!!!).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending