The Current Year 13 Thread 2016-2017

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bright_Gift)
    I've been to Imperial. It was amazing! All the building are modern and the campus has a nice feel to it. The accomodation are pretty neat too! And the sport centre and the library are awesome! I want to go there so bad. What course do you wanna do there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wanted to do a biology/chemistry degree I'm still unsure. What about you?? Also what grades are you predicted I'm scared that I have grades which are too low.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief_98)
    you with AQA by any chance?
    No, edexcel- I'm doing Nazi Germany, Mussolini's Italy and British warfare 1790-1918

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qmwnebrv)
    No, edexcel- I'm doing Nazi Germany, Mussolini's Italy and British warfare 1790-1918
    ahh man, im doing nazi Germany too! but with tudors which is a bore

ReputationRep:
    ahh man, im doing nazi Germany too! but with tudors which is a bore
    on AQA? I'm doing exactly the same!

ReputationRep:
    Finished my UCAS application today and now it has been sent back to my referee to check over. I'm preparing myself for my five predictions now!

ReputationRep:
    Sent off my personal statement to my Biology teacher today, to be checked over. She said she's never read such a good PS in all her years of teaching, and there's nothing she can do to improve it.

I'm applying for biochemistry/ molecular medicine. I must say, I'm very happy right now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhyM23)
    Hi! I've just finished year 13 so if anyone has any questions about what it's like etc. then please feel free to ask
    Hi. I am currently in year 13 and I am 2 weeks into school but I already feel the pressure from my parents and myself about the year. I feel like it will not be far away until i will sit for my A2 and after doing maths AS level as my unreformed subject only and got a B and for my reformed subjects physics I have a predicted grade B and chemistry I have a prediction of C I feel that my chances of getting into uni to do mechanical engineering are low and I am very stressed right now.
    How did you deal with pressure when you were in year 13 doing your A2.

ReputationRep:
    Feeling so upset and stressed out about A2 and AS for the exams this year plus PS how can I get over this feeling and how should revsvion be ? How many hrs a day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura1526)
    I wanted to do a biology/chemistry degree I'm still unsure. What about you?? Also what grades are you predicted I'm scared that I have grades which are too low.
    My predicted grades are A* A* A
    I'm applying there for Medicine. Everything crossed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t.thompson22)
    Sent off my personal statement to my Biology teacher today, to be checked over. She said she's never read such a good PS in all her years of teaching, and there's nothing she can do to improve it.

I'm applying for biochemistry/ molecular medicine. I must say, I'm very happy right now
    Well done! What unis are yoy applying to for your course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amygracebroad)
    on AQA? I'm doing exactly the same!
    AQA as well! !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bright_Gift)
    Well done! What unis are yoy applying to for your course?
    Thank you!! UCL, Bristol, Liverpool, Manchester & Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually so annoyed I don't find out my LNAT score until after UCAS deadlines bc I want to do strategic choices based on it but I can't so I dunno whether to apply for one or two unis requiring it as part of the application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blake Jones)
    Yay!! Not the only one haha!
    Same!!

ReputationRep:
    AQA as well! !
    Same here!

ReputationRep:
    so historians are we going to make a group? could help each other out massively

ReputationRep:
    so historians are we going to make a group? could help each other out massively
    I'm up for it!

ReputationRep:
    Has everyone else got lots of work to do this weekend? Needing people to study with!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blake Jones)
    Has everyone else got lots of work to do this weekend? Needing people to study with!
    I have tonnes to do tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else here doing Protest, Agitation and Parliamentary reform for their 3rd paper in History?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.