Chess games

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrrationalRoot)
    Do you wanna have a game at some point (not today)? Dw I won't make a big deal of it, that was only because I was a bit frustrated with his false claims.
    You seem to have a decent understanding of chess, so I think it'd make for an interesting game.
    I'll play you if you like too. Just tag me if you want a game (I'm about 2000 rated).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrrationalRoot)
    Do you wanna have a game at some point (not today)? Dw I won't make a big deal of it, that was only because I was a bit frustrated with his false claims.
    You seem to have a decent understanding of chess, so I think it'd make for an interesting game.
    Yeah if you like. Tbh, especially being online, I'll rush moves and probs make ridiculous mistakes as usual. My play is, I think, usually below my understanding. So don't expect to not win quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    Yeah if you like. Tbh, especially being online, I'll rush moves and probs make ridiculous mistakes as usual. My play is, I think, usually below my understanding. So don't expect to not win quickly.
    Dw I do the same and understand better than I play. The reason for that is certainly either lack of practice or not taking enough time with moves (or both).
    Online we can play unlimited (not tournament or anything, just a casual game) so that we both have loads of time to think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forum User)
    I'll play you if you like too. Just tag me if you want a game (I'm about 2000 rated).
    Woah nice. Yeah it's very late today but would like a game with a strong opponent, could learn a lot from it . Tomorrow I should be able to.

ReputationRep:
    I think I should stop trying to play this variant

Name:  anti.png
Views: 24
Size:  27.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    i look forward to playing you in a future round, if we get that far?

ReputationRep:
    The problem with antichess is that there is so much theory. For example, if white plays 1. d3, black already has a forced win. If you're playing against 1900 players then they may well know some of the forcing lines.

ReputationRep:
    The problem with antichess is that there is so much theory. For example, if white plays 1. d3, black already has a forced win. If you're playing against 1900 players then they may well know some of the forcing lines.
    what does antichess even mean>?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    what does antichess even mean>?
    You might know it as 'suicide chess', that's what it used to be called back when I played a lot.

It's a variant where if you can make a capture you must do so (you can choose which capture to make if you have a choice), and you win the game if you have no pieces left, or if you get stalemated. The king is just another piece and there are no checks or checkmates.

ReputationRep:
    You might know it as 'suicide chess', that's what it used to be called back when I played a lot.

It's a variant where if you can make a capture you must do so (you can choose which capture to make if you have a choice), and you win the game if you have no pieces left, or if you get stalemated. The king is just another piece and there are no checks or checkmates.
    Oh, we called that draughts in my day

ReputationRep:
    Oh, we called that draughts in my day
    same principle applies in draughts i think. i'm not going to start playing it though. I have enough trouble playing and winning the normal variation lol!

ReputationRep:
    Indeed the margins for error have seemed much smaller. I just don't seem to have been able to use my knowledge of normal chess to cultivate understanding in antichess at all, whereas with something like three-check, much less drastically different, I can quickly get to grips with some of the new tactical details. It feels basically like it has nothing in common with chess apart from the pieces moving the same way.
    Atomic chess is maybe even stupider but I won a couple lol

ReputationRep:
    same principle applies in draughts i think. i'm not going to start playing it though. I have enough trouble playing and winning the normal variation lol!
    Yes in draughts captures are forced but the point is in antichess you want to lose all your pieces, as opposed to capturing all the enemy pieces like in draughts

ReputationRep:
    Indeed the margins for error have seemed much smaller. I just don't seem to have been able to use my knowledge of normal chess to cultivate understanding in antichess at all, whereas with something like three-check, much less drastically different, I can quickly get to grips with some of the new tactical details. It feels basically like it has nothing in common with chess apart from the pieces moving the same way.
    Atomic chess is maybe even stupider but I won a couple lol
    If you want a fun variant, I think Crazyhouse is the best.

ReputationRep:
    If you want a fun variant, I think Crazyhouse is the best.
    Yeah I've played a little bit crazyhouse. Currently 3 wins to 9 losses so not quite so emphatic. Stresses me out though with all the pieces to keep track of lol, find three-check a bit more easy to handle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Sexathlete)
    So you talk like this to more than one girl?
    Yeh should question your sources better than you're currently doing. Please don't waste my time no life.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've played a little bit crazyhouse. Currently 3 wins to 9 losses so not quite so emphatic. Stresses me out though with all the pieces to keep track of lol, find three-check a bit more easy to handle.
    Racing kings looks pretty fun lol.

ReputationRep:
    Just played a great game with a great finish

https://en.lichess.org/NDvIjZPT/black#0

I did mention that lichess ratings were quite inflated, 1800 is actually not that strong on lichess (either that or I'm better than 1700).
    I did make one fairly bad mistake though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    Yeh should question your sources better than you're currently doing. Please don't waste my time no life.
    You're asking for another screenshot boy.

ReputationRep:
    lol at my move 9 on here (horrible 10|0 game, loads of mistakes, blunders, inaccuracies, the whole shebang, only won because my opponent went nuts with king at the end)
    https://en.lichess.org/JQI8tmOq/white#16

somehow seeing the king drawing tactic while missing the fact that their knight was entirely hanging..

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 23, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What is your favourite day of the week
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.