There is no evidence for God

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by da_nolo)
    ah I found out how to quote. anyways this would be an interesting concept to ponder over. has gravity always existed as it is/known to be or developed over time?

Anyways may you elaborate why it is easier; probability or thought of nothingness?

why would emotion have a role?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    With God you only have to believe one thing that isn't likely, with science (which still can't be explained properly) you must believe that thousands of unlikely things all came together perfectly to form human life. And emotion has a role because how can a singularity of mass over time form emotion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReeceFraser)
    With God you only have to believe one thing that isn't likely, with science (which still can't be explained properly) you must believe that thousands of unlikely things all came together perfectly to form human life. And emotion has a role because how can a singularity of mass over time form emotion?
    Our emotions are our own brain reacting to chemicals and memory. But I don't think our understanding of how demonstrates whether or not something did occur or why.

There is more than just emotion to bring one to a positive or negative refleciton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    So why do people still believe in God?

Why do you don't believe in god?
    Are you Atheism?

ReputationRep:
    What is this nonsense? Science actually provides testable information about the real world and has allowed us to progress more than religion and the belief in an invisible god ever has.

There is also a lot of research around abiogenesis (how life began) actually.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously?

God is a figment of the human imagination, conjured up to explain that which was incomprehensible and indistinguishable from magic before science.

God is used by people who cannot come to terms with the reality of life and death with no meaning other than to simply exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    Isn't it crazy to believe in someone that doesn't exist though?
    may you prove them wrong ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)
    Seriously?

God is a figment of the human imagination, conjured up to explain that which was incomprehensible and indistinguishable from magic before science.

God is used by people who cannot come to terms with the reality of life and death with no meaning other than to simply exist.
    may you prove or support your claim?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    What is this nonsense? Science actually provides testable information about the real world and has allowed us to progress more than religion and the belief in an invisible god ever has.

There is also a lot of research around abiogenesis (how life began) actually.
    hypothesis and theories that can still be wrong. which doesn't go into "why" nor dispute God. har.

much of science is accredited to religious people. stop disrespecting scientists that have pushed a neutral field of study forward.

yes. neutral. as science pertains no positive or negative influence against or for religious or atheistic natures/dogmas.

I'm still waiting for that term by way.

ReputationRep:
    hypothesis and theories that can still be wrong in some years I to future.

I'm still waiting for that term by way.
    What term? I already said atheism is the absence of belief.

ReputationRep:
    your words also suggest agnosticism and atheism is interchangeable when they are not.

I clarified how is used these terms and yet you said I was wrong. so I asked for the correct term in place of agnosticism.

if one is not presented then I am not incorrect in my usage.

ReputationRep:
    The difference is that we know humans exist because we exist.So we had to come about somehow.Coming about from simple begginings seems much more likely than a random diety popping into existence and popping everything else into existence as well.

ReputationRep:
    I already explained it. your run around only explains your inability to support your own statement.

Atheism is active disbelief. this is why atheists say "God does not exist". you do not just have a simple lack of belief if obe says God doesnt exist.

Agnosticism is a neutral stance in which God may or may not exist.

glad to be able to move on. thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I already explained it. your run around only explains your inability to support your own statement.

Atheism is active disbelief. this is why atheists say "God does not exist". you do not just have a simple lack of belief if obe says God doesnt exist.

Agnosticism is a neutral stance in which God may or may not exist.

glad to be able to move on. thanks.
    No they don't. I I've already explained that agnosticism refers to a position of knowledge, not belief. Your running around shows your inability to face this.

Atheism is indeed the absence of belief and most atheists are agnostic atheists.

ReputationRep:
    I think that it is easier to believe that a God/Creator has always existed than it is to believe that everything required to make human life; like gravity, time, conciseness, emotion, matter, energy, all of the laws of physics etc. have always existed. In all honesty if you believe that nothing created the universe your belief is more far fetched than believing in a god/creator.
    If you believe a single being created the universe then you simply dont understand the sheer scale of the universe.There are more stars in the universe than there are all the grains of sand on all the beaches of the earth.The nearest star at just 4 light years away would take 70000 years to reach with todays technology.you believe that a single being who must be more complex than the universe somehow had the power to create all this.I for one dont think thats possible.Its much more likely that the universe is simply a vast and ancient place, probably part of a far greater multiverse thats probably existed forever.

ReputationRep:
    No they don't. I I've already explained that agnosticism refers to a position of knowledge, not belief. Your running around shows your inability so face this.

Atheism is indeed the absence of belief and most atheists are agnostic atheists.
    I have not been running around. otherwise you may present example.

I have provided evidence an agnostic is neutral in stance. this is how agnostics explain themselves or so the ones I talked to. this is how definitions are explained in my dictionary and the ones online that I put the time in to look at.

I have already stated I will not change my usage especially when you have not come up with a term to take place of agnosticism.

regardless to what terms you wish to use I have explained my point in detail so you could use any terminology. which you and others have indeed run around.

not sure if God exist = agnostic.
    God exist = theist/diest.
    God doesn't exist = atheist.

if you think God does not exist there would be a reason why. I asked Why. but still no response.

for those who say there is not enough evidence for God and therefore He does not exist. that is a fallacy. appeal to ignorance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robby2312)
    If you believe a single being created the universe then you simply dont understand the sheer scale of the universe.There are more stars in the universe than there are all the grains of sand on all the beaches of the earth.The nearest star at just 4 light years away would take 70000 years to reach with todays technology.you believe that a single being who must be more complex than the universe somehow had the power to create all this.I for one dont think thats possible.Its much more likely that the universe is simply a vast and ancient place, probably part of a far greater multiverse thats probably existed forever.
    either way, in order for this universe to exist it must have come somewhere yes? that point of origin would have to be infinite yes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have not been running around. otherwise you may present example.

I have provided evidence an agnostic is neutral in stance. this is how agnostics explain themselves or so the ones I talked to. this is how definitions are explained in my dictionary and the ones online that I put the time in to look at.

I have already stated I will not change my usage especially when you have not come up with a term to take place of agnosticism.

regardless to what terms you wish to use I have explained my point in detail so you could use any terminology. which you and others have indeed run around.

not sure if God exist = agnostic.
    God exist = theist/diest.
    God doesn't exist = atheist.

if you think God does not exist there would be a reason why. I asked Why. but still no response.

for those who say there is not enough evidence for God and therefore He does not exist. that is a fallacy. appeal to ignorance.
    You aren't making any sense. I was saying that most atheists are agnostic atheists so what example are you asking for, an example of an atheist?

As atheism is the absence of belief, someone who is not sure will by default lack a belief in God, because otherwise they would be a theist. Therefore an agnostic atheist. As agnosticism refers to knowledge, it doesn't make sense to just label someone an agnostic as it is only a descriptor which must have a belief or absence of belief added to it.

ReputationRep:
    You aren't making any sense. I was saying that most atheists are agnostic atheists so what example are you asking for, an example of an atheist?

As atheism is the absence of belief, someone who is not sure will by default lack a belief in God, because otherwise they would be a theist. Therefore an agnostic atheist. As agnosticism refers to knowledge, it doesn't make sense to just label someone an agnostic as it is only a descriptor which must have a belief or absence of belief added to it.
    If you have an 'absence of belief' it follows that you don't think God exists. (You couldn't have an 'absence of belief' and yet still think God did exist). So please explain how your redefintion of atheism holds any water.

ReputationRep:
    either way, in order for this universe to exist it must have come somewhere yes? that point of origin would have to be infinite yes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not really.There is nothing to say that this universe couldnt have existed forever.There is also no consensus on whether its actually infinite or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robby2312)
    But surely if a multiverse beyond human comprehension can exist forever so can a god.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.