TSR Fantasy Football League 2008/9 Watch

This discussion is closed.
The Sherminator
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
Might use my wildcard :teeth: I had hoped to last a while longer than last year when I used it after the first week, but might not be able to manage it... :embarrassed:
I used mine :teeth:
Now I have trouble picking my 11

Hopefully will rise above the filthy level I am at atm.
Phalanges
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Had no idea of the footie scores cus was at V with no reception all weekend! It was like losing a sense! :eek:
:eek: I could well imagine!
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by The Sherminator)
I used mine :teeth:
Now I have trouble picking my 11

Hopefully will rise above the filthy level I am at atm.
Im using mine. I'll be able to put Ronaldo into my team in 2 transfers whilst having 12 players good enough to play each week and players that are about to rise in value :teeth:
The Sherminator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I won't buy Ronaldo :proud:
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
(Original post by The Sherminator)
I won't buy Ronaldo :proud:
Good, you'll be one less person I'll need to overtake :teeth:
The Sherminator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Good, you'll be one less person I'll need to overtake :teeth:
You know as well he won't be the same as last season. That would be impossible. Hence, why you buy Zaki, who will be the combination of Adebayour and Ronaldo :yep:
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Dunno if I should use my wildcard yet? Cos it might be too early to judge which teams/players will do well or if their opening weekend results were fluke?
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
(Original post by farhan)
Dunno if I should use my wildcard yet? Cos it might be too early to judge which teams/players will do well or if their opening weekend results were fluke?
My team is now full of week 1 wonders :laugh: If their performances prove to be a fluke, I wont have lost anything as their values are set to rise. I needed to use mine early on due to United/Fulham game being postponed and Ronaldo's return late September.
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ah ok. I might give it a few more weeks to see who's actually gonna perform consistently rather than once and then go back to mediocrity (love that word now :o:)

Wouldn't be able to make wholesale changes either if I get my wildcard wrong. We shall see *fingers crossed*
Manalishi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I made 3 transfers so my squad is now -

Attached files
Phalanges
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by farhan)
Ah ok. I might give it a few more weeks to see who's actually gonna perform consistently rather than once and then go back to mediocrity (love that word now :o:)
Same here, I don't want to get al excited and go rushing out to get people who are never heard of again. Similarly, some people in my squad probably deserve one more chance to prove they're not useless. Only one more though!

(Original post by Manalishi)
I made 3 transfers so my squad is now -

Ooh, tad risky bunging Gabby in there. Don't get me wrong, he's a quality player, but he doesn't always score hat tricks, you know?
Manalishi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonnyofengland)

Ooh, tad risky bunging Gabby in there. Don't get me wrong, he's a quality player, but he doesn't always score hat tricks, you know?
I had him in from the beginning!
Phalanges
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Manalishi)
I had him in from the beginning!
Jesus Christ! Are you privy to some information no-one else has?
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
(Original post by jonnyofengland)
He is against Stoke next
Laevis
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm gonna win this shiz fo sho :bling.gif: :brapbrap.gif:
Phalanges
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
He is against Stoke next
Yeah but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll score. Ashley should, and Carew, but Gabby is a rare scorer whose name usually pops up when we play bigger clubs.
GYinWL
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Im using mine. I'll be able to put Ronaldo into my team in 2 transfers whilst having 12 players good enough to play each week and players that are about to rise in value :teeth:
How do you know if a plyer is about to rise in value? Do they just have one really good week and they automatically become more valuable? Also, how much more are they worth when they rise in value? £0.5m-£1.0m??

Sorry I'm new to this fantasy football malarkey!
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
(Original post by geoff_yin)
How do you know if a plyer is about to rise in value? Do they just have one really good week and they automatically become more valuable? Also, how much more are they worth when they rise in value? £0.5m-£1.0m??

There value goes up when loads of people have transferred them in. They rise in 0.1m installments.
lfc4life
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by geoff_yin)

Depends on the number of transfers in and out. Only rise 0.1m at a time, but looks like the likes of Bosingwa, Ashton, Agbonlahor etc will rise tonight. When player drops though is hard to tell, It never seemed to be obvious last year.
Laevis
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I should really got Bosingwa before his value rises. Too much effort though
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (44)
38.26%
No - but I will (4)
3.48%
No - I don't want to (5)
4.35%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (62)
53.91%

Watched Threads