The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ronaldo VII
Might use my wildcard :teeth: I had hoped to last a while longer than last year when I used it after the first week, but might not be able to manage it... :embarrassed: :colonhash:

I used mine :teeth:
Now I have trouble picking my 11 :s-smilie:

Hopefully will rise above the filthy level I am at atm.
mc_watson87
Had no idea of the footie scores cus was at V with no reception all weekend! It was like losing a sense! :eek:

:eek: I could well imagine!
Reply 562
The Sherminator
I used mine :teeth:
Now I have trouble picking my 11 :s-smilie:

Hopefully will rise above the filthy level I am at atm.

Im using mine. I'll be able to put Ronaldo into my team in 2 transfers whilst having 12 players good enough to play each week and players that are about to rise in value :teeth:
I won't buy Ronaldo :proud:
Reply 564
The Sherminator
I won't buy Ronaldo :proud:

Good, you'll be one less person I'll need to overtake :teeth:
Ronaldo VII
Good, you'll be one less person I'll need to overtake :teeth:

You know as well he won't be the same as last season. That would be impossible. Hence, why you buy Zaki, who will be the combination of Adebayour and Ronaldo :yep:
Dunno if I should use my wildcard yet? Cos it might be too early to judge which teams/players will do well or if their opening weekend results were fluke?
Reply 567
farhan
Dunno if I should use my wildcard yet? Cos it might be too early to judge which teams/players will do well or if their opening weekend results were fluke?

My team is now full of week 1 wonders :laugh: If their performances prove to be a fluke, I wont have lost anything as their values are set to rise. I needed to use mine early on due to United/Fulham game being postponed and Ronaldo's return late September.
Ah ok. I might give it a few more weeks to see who's actually gonna perform consistently rather than once and then go back to mediocrity (love that word now :o:)

Wouldn't be able to make wholesale changes either if I get my wildcard wrong. We shall see *fingers crossed*
I made 3 transfers so my squad is now -

farhan
Ah ok. I might give it a few more weeks to see who's actually gonna perform consistently rather than once and then go back to mediocrity (love that word now :o:)

Same here, I don't want to get al excited and go rushing out to get people who are never heard of again. Similarly, some people in my squad probably deserve one more chance to prove they're not useless. Only one more though!

Manalishi
I made 3 transfers so my squad is now -

Ooh, tad risky bunging Gabby in there. Don't get me wrong, he's a quality player, but he doesn't always score hat tricks, you know?
jonnyofengland

Ooh, tad risky bunging Gabby in there. Don't get me wrong, he's a quality player, but he doesn't always score hat tricks, you know?

I had him in from the beginning!
Manalishi
I had him in from the beginning!

Jesus Christ! Are you privy to some information no-one else has?
Reply 573
jonnyofengland

He is against Stoke next :colone:
Reply 574
I'm gonna win this shiz fo sho :colonhash: :bling.gif: :brapbrap.gif:
Ronaldo VII
He is against Stoke next :colone:

Yeah but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll score. Ashley should, and Carew, but Gabby is a rare scorer whose name usually pops up when we play bigger clubs.
Reply 576
Ronaldo VII
Im using mine. I'll be able to put Ronaldo into my team in 2 transfers whilst having 12 players good enough to play each week and players that are about to rise in value :teeth:

How do you know if a plyer is about to rise in value? Do they just have one really good week and they automatically become more valuable? Also, how much more are they worth when they rise in value? £0.5m-£1.0m??

Sorry I'm new to this fantasy football malarkey! :colondollar:
Reply 577
geoff_yin
How do you know if a plyer is about to rise in value? Do they just have one really good week and they automatically become more valuable? Also, how much more are they worth when they rise in value? £0.5m-£1.0m??

There value goes up when loads of people have transferred them in. They rise in 0.1m installments.
Reply 578
geoff_yin

Depends on the number of transfers in and out. Only rise 0.1m at a time, but looks like the likes of Bosingwa, Ashton, Agbonlahor etc will rise tonight. When player drops though is hard to tell, It never seemed to be obvious last year.
Reply 579
I should really got Bosingwa before his value rises. Too much effort though :colondollar:

Latest