Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugarlumps.)
    Owww physics is so damn cool. Yup. Just thought I'd put that out there.
    :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Owww physics is so damn cool. Yup. Just thought I'd put that out there.

:woo: lol I'll assume that you meant that!!! although my Spidey sense (ie sarcasm detector) is going mental!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)

Still, dresses are marginally better than shoes or handbags .
    Blasphemy :p:

ReputationRep:
    Physics is indeed awesome. Sometimes I wish I had chosen Physics for A-level. But then Biology trumps everything in awesomeness

(Original post by Zoedotdot)
    :eek: Sinner!

Size three shoes are an issue. I'm a three and a half so I tend to make do with fours.
    I know - I just get fed up of shopping, particularly when it's fruitless. :o:

Wow, you're possibly one of the few people I know who has size <5 feet! I wish I could fit into a 4, which would make my life so much easier. Sometimes even a 3 can be too big.... *sob*

Yeah. It's annoying because this edition only came out this year and I couldn't find any second hand fifth editions online. It'll be easier to find them in Cambridge though, I'm sure.

I'm doing Chemistry, Physiology and Quanititative Biology. I got one of the Chemistry suggested reading (What makes reactions happen?) but I haven't done much with it because the first lecture topics don't seem to be in it, and I know that if I did try to study up on anything I'd have forgotten it by the time we had lectures on it. I haven't got either of the Physiology ones though. I just wanted the cell biology one cos I was missing doing biology stuff.
    Ooh, you're doing the same options as my friend who's going up to Pembroke (although I think she said she wanted to do Maths A). I'm definitely going to do Chem and Cells, but still haven't decided on my third (Physiology or Evolution) or the maths (QB or Maths A). I'm so rubbish at making decisions. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhen Lin)
    I have it. It was a mistake. I don't like the style of the earlier proofs (too much geometry) and the later ones are inaccessible to me at the moment, partly because I don't already know what it's about, and partly due to lack of patience. Oh well.
    Precisely my thoughts, the entire chapter on Godel is absolute gibberish at the moment!!!

I have a Mathmo friend who will starting at Christs' who may be able to use it better than I can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excalibur)
    Thanks! I won't tell anyone where you got it from... except everyone who can see this thread :p:

I'm rubbish with finding anything in the sale. I look for a bit, find something I like, find that it's about 10 sizes too big and then just give up. Shoes are even worse... sometimes I don't think they make any size 3 shoes. I really hate shopping... :o:
    Well, how many Emmanuelites are there here? Not many, hence why it doesn't matter too much

Sales are a bit like that, they're so frustrating However all I could find today were Size 3 shoes...I'd give anything to have small feet :rolleyes: All the shoesies I liked weren't available in a size 6/6.5 (apart from the ones I boght, obviously) My feet are just so out of proportion compared to the rest of me!

ReputationRep:
    Also, I just thought I'd add (for all the wavering NatScis), do Physiology...tis awesome

I'm certainly not going to miss all the ecology and plants from Biology :no: That was the bane of my A Level life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty5102)
    Also has anyone read any of the Feynman lectures for physics??? He was one cool Physicist!!!
    Yep, my dad of all people downloaded them :shifty:. I had to read up on a few terms just to get that background knowledge which I evidently didn't have, but after that I honestly thought they were great - I don't really think he showed his "coolness" there though. The only times I've seen him show his "coolness" is through his quotations and videos etc.

(Original post by [mellifluous])
    I am so jealous of the Biology textbook! Is it Alberts et al? I want it so much, but it's waaaaaaay too much money. I have my lovely green Bible though...'Biological Sciences 1 and 2' by Taylor, Green and Stout :love:

ooooooh I love Biology and biology textbooks and mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Tomorrow, I'll be able to say that I'm going tomorrow! :eek:
    xxx
    If it's the book I'm thinking of, then I think you can read the book online somehow - my book list mentioned that it would be available through PubMed / online.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilY?)
    I have one now... *is traumatised by dress buying*... its black and knee length - I bought it with the thought that even if I don't use it for matriculation dinner it's the kind of dress which would come in very handy.

It took me a week to get over the fact that I had just bought a dress...

Oh well... changing the subject away from clothes, is any of you bringing a printer to Cam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *stars and stripes*)
    Also, I just thought I'd add (for all the wavering NatScis), do Physiology...tis awesome

I'm certainly not going to miss all the ecology and plants from Biology :no: That was the bane of my A Level life
    And I would just like to add, that everything you said about Biology in that comment is 100% spot on + factually true :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    And I would just like to add, that everything you said about Biology in that comment is 100% spot on + factually true :yep:
    Glad I'm not the only one!

thegluups, yes I am bringing my printer...partly because the computer room is on the other side of college and I'm too lazy to walk and partly because it's a small, spare one my dad had in the loft anyway and we have a shedload of ink cartridges for it that will otherwise never be used
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I think it's time we men fight back on the clothes front!!!!
    Good idea! :p:

how many suits is everyone going to take, I only have one but may well get another soon because I quite like wearing it!!
    I only have one proper suit but I'm not sure if it's suitable for formals as it's kind of 'dressy' (if you know what I mean) and slightly shiny dark grey instead of black (what a terrible description :o:). So I might have to buy another one for Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegluups)
    Oh well... changing the subject away from clothes, is any of you bringing a printer to Cam?
    I'm not, as I don't think I'll really need one (might be different for essay-based subjects though), and when I do, the collge printers will do.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's time we men fight back on the clothes front!!!!

how many suits is everyone going to take, I only have one but may well get another soon because I quite like wearing it!!
    I have a local shop which says that if you spend £120 on a suit they will give you a Zanelli one worth £200 free!! Shame I only have £110 to my name in the entire world at the moment!!!!
    I'm taking 1 lounge suit and 1 dinner jacket combo but many shirts. I think that should be [more than?] enough

ReputationRep:
    I am taking a printer. I prefer to see things in print to correct them or whatever, so I'd rather have the facilities in my room instead of having to go to the computer room and back. That and I'm lazy.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    I'm not, as I don't think I'll really need one (might be different for essay-based subjects though), and when I do, the collge printers will do.
    Same here; I doubt it will be worth considering the cost of ink cartridges, and we have a nice computer room in Pembroke anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not taking a printer either; it's too much hassle, particularly as we have to cart everything back and forth every term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    I'm taking 1 lounge suit and 1 dinner jacket combo but many shirts. I think that should be [more than?] enough
    That sounds reasonable enough, I have been thinking for a while about buying a Dinner suit, been to 3 formals in the last 18 months and cost £35 each time to hire a suit so may as well just make an investment methinks!

Yes I have plenty of shirts and ties to add some variety and I suppose that we won't need to wear suits that often so it isn't that crucial.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm taking one suit that I specially bought for Cambridge, so that -is- going to be enough for them. Even if it is pinstriped... I suppose I'll rent a dinner jacket when I need one.

ReputationRep:
    I am taking a printer. I prefer to see things in print to correct them or whatever, so I'd rather have the facilities in my room instead of having to go to the computer room and back. That and I'm lazy.
    So you're like me then :yep:

I realised I haven't actually had anything to eat today, doh :o: I really fancy a boiled egg and marmite soldiers now, but it's a dilemma as to whether I can be bothered to go downstairs and make it, or whether I could just raid cupboards instead. Hmmm, methinks I'll go and investigate the food situation... not sure why you all needed to know this :p:

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.