Official E3 Discussion Thread Watch

yoyo462001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
sorry but Sony conference was awful worse than ninendto. At least nin announced two big games, all of Sonys games were already known. MS>>>>Nin>>>>>Ea>>>>Sony>>>>Ubis oft
chaywa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The user generated Kart racing game looked brilliant, the conference confirmed why i need to get a PSP and PS3. (Frantic job hunting for money beckons)
Dev25
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by namedeprived)
Um.. what new things did they annouce?

I know there is the PSP go which was leaked but apart from that?

NOt actually seen the whole conference but there doesn't seem to have been any major announcements.
http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/02/e...-2009-keynote/

Showed us a few exclusive games, 'the wand'?, PSP Go
pinkpenguin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by namedeprived)
Um.. what new things did they annouce?

I know there is the PSP go which was leaked but apart from that?

NOt actually seen the whole conference but there doesn't seem to have been any major announcements.
'New' things I guess...

Final Fantasy XIV
That Racing Little Big Planet thing I've forgotten the name of
Metal Gear Solid PSP
GT PSP
Some other Rockstar game

Uncharted 2 stole the conference though :coma:
Sultanp
Report 9 years ago
MS>Sony>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nintendo
yoyo462001
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by pinkpenguin)
'New' things I guess...

Final Fantasy XIV
That Racing Little Big Planet thing I've forgotten the name of
Metal Gear Solid PSP
GT PSP
Some other Rockstar game

Uncharted 2 stole the conference though :coma:
GT PSP has been promised for years now, it was suppose to be launch game for PSP 1000, the whole GT series is a failure now all they do is promise and never deliver. Forza 3 is now the definitive racing game.
Untitled258
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Forza 3 looked very pretty yestoday. I want to see some comparison shots with GT5. Im sure they will turn up soon enough
darkos87
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Gran turismo 5 looks much better than forza 3, i don't doubt that.

I'm still reeling from the shock of psp go. The price is too high, they shouldn't even have bothered, just put R&D into psp 2 you morons... 249 euros (how many pounds is that, nvm we gonna get ripped off once more) for a console you can't hack into and will have to buy all downloaded content, and won't be able to share with friends. Are you Freaking serious sony?

Seriously just drop the psp and go kill yourself. I was hoping the psp go would be announced at the same price as the psp 3000... but that's just insane. They hope that Gran Turismo will help them sell their psp... well guess what. It wont.

I'm not sure whether the face buttons on the psp are analog or not, I forgot...

Anyways. ARRGH sony you morons!
G550NDH
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No slim No price cut Yet SONY SMASHED IT ! GOW 3 !!!!! EXCLUSIVE GAMES !!!! and the motion control looked good ! PS3 FTW
Microsoft natal looked good as well although it will be glitch like a *****..... Nintendo EPIC FAIL ! Mario is gona do a sonic if they just reuse galaxy ! although METROID !!!!!! :-O lol
G550NDH
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
ALSO MGS PEACE WALKER is the truly next sequel lol its like hideo took a dump on MS and FFXVI i dont think will do well ! itll be like FFXI which i thought was **** ! ahh well i was hoping for Versus ...
happy-and-lost
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wow. Looks like Nintendo really did revolutionise gaming.
Phalanx
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
thread closed
Seriously, are you guys so insecure that you can't take someone actually praising for once?

I mean seriously, jesus ******* christ put some cream on your sore asses.
pinkpenguin
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I wanna know what happened to Versus... :sad:

In other Hideo Kojima news, he has a conference booked for 11pm tomorrow night. What dya think we can expect?

MGS: Rising footage or something totally new?

It'll probably be the Mask thing from his teaser site, which I think won't even be related to MGS. ZoE or something...
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Phalanx)
Seriously, are you guys so insecure that you can't take someone actually praising for once?

I mean seriously, jesus ******* christ put some cream on your sore asses.
Tbf, it's hard to tell when you're being serious and when you're trolling...
username33685
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Untitled258)
Forza 3 looked very pretty yestoday. I want to see some comparison shots with GT5. Im sure they will turn up soon enough
yeh i was suprised, it seems they managed to produce something almost on a par with GT5 in 2 years as opposed to 5 or however long they've been working on it.
WelshBluebird
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Forza looked really good, not quite as good as GT5 though.

(Original post by darkos87)
I'm still reeling from the shock of psp go. The price is too high, they shouldn't even have bothered, just put R&D into psp 2 you morons... 249 euros (how many pounds is that, nvm we gonna get ripped off once more)
I gotta agree with that.
250 euros is about £250 now (because of the weakness of the £).

I really can't see them selling it for that much though. It would be suicidal. £200 at most I would imagine. Still way too expensive though.
PeanutButterJellyTime
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
£150 is my guess actually...

As $250=£160

For PSP GO
Phalanx
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by geoff_yin)
Tbf, it's hard to tell when you're being serious and when you're trolling...
The only time i've EVER trolled is when I say PS3 has no games.

Apart from that i'm always serious. Heck, read my thread, everything I say is completely true. PS3 has won E3. There's no way you can deny this. The fact that Microsoft never is going to see MGS4 or The Last Guardian is reason alone to assume this before you start talking about motion controls.

The only reason I hated the PS3 was because it DID suck. Sony needed to win E3 this year or else they were never going to beat Microsoft (no one can beat Nintendo now) and like a true underdog story, Sony's big break came and they certainly pulled through. Sony have one upped everything MS can off and have even beaten the very gimmick the Wii relies on to sell so many units.
WelshBluebird
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by PeanutButterJellyTime)
£150 is my guess actually...

As $250=£160

For PSP GO
No chance. Considering we get charged a lot more for stuff than the americans do, there's so way the PSP GO will be cheaper. Especially as the weakness of the pound makes it more expensive to sell stuff in the UK (Nintendo have already put their wholesale prices up, and there was a rumour for sony doing the same).
darkos87
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hopefully they'll announce a price drop come holiday season... else sony is in for more failage this year.

I mean I'm a great sony fan, I love my ps3 and its exclusives, but sony keeps making **** moves like that and all its fervent supporters are just going to go away.

Why would I pay 300 pounds for a console when I can get ALMOST the same experience, with added connectivity at almost half the price (xbox 360) Granted the hardware is crap, but I was well impressed by splinter cell conviction and Forza 3 yesterday.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.86%
No - but I will (101)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (632)
47.66%

Watched Threads