• View Poll Results: Choose one.
    Coca Cola (Sweet & Sticky)
    30.11%
    Pepsi (Cool & Crisp)
    36.56%
    Sex.
    33.33%

(Original post by Vitamin D)
    I'm not worried about getting into the actual show. The meet and greet is held beforehand and they probably take us all into a spare room in the SECC, I don't think it would be a smart move on their behalf to not ID anyone. If there was someone who couldn't make it, anyone could slip in.
    Take ID (if you can get it) and proof that you won the competition just in case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedrobear)
    Time, too much, on your hands, et cetera.
    And what a way to spend it.
    I feel I can live a fuller life now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    :blah:
    Whew, solved another Euler project problem. I wrote a ML solution to it but it wouldn't run within the stack space its got so I had relieve it by doing a part of the calculation by hand :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    Take ID (if you can get it) and proof that you won the competition just in case.
    Yeah I'm going to. I just think it's silly, I'm fifteen! How many forms of ID am I supposed to have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Yep

I know no one from ally court though

You sneaky people sneaking about in the flats
    We are quite the professional sneakers down here.
    Sadly, it's harder for us to sneak about the halls.

Yeah I'm going to. I just think it's silly, I'm fifteen! How many forms of ID am I supposed to have?
    If you're nearly 16 - National Insurance Card. :p: It is a bit silly to be honest. Do you get to meet the band?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    If you're nearly 16 - National Insurance Card. :p: It is a bit silly to be honest. Do you get to meet the band?
    Yeah And we get let in early, too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukdragon37)
    Mmmhmm, why?
    I'm applying there :sexface: Do you think he could get me a few unconditionals eh eh :eyebrows:

ReputationRep:
    I won a M&G for the Paramore show on the 10th
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    jealous much? :p:
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Neon-)
    We are quite the professional sneakers down here.
    Sadly, it's harder for us to sneak about the halls.
    ah, halls are fun. I really want a flat now though. I'm bored with halls hah

How did your philosophy essay go? I finished mine this morning haha. I loove adrain haddock though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    ah, halls are fun. I really want a flat now though. I'm bored with halls hah

How did your philosophy essay go? I finished mine this morning haha. I loove adrain haddock though
    Ally court is just so far away. We need a tram line or something :p:.

Essay went okay. I did the one on free will. Finished and handed mine in yesterday. Had to have it done yesterday. There was no way I was going to be able to finish it this morning :P
    Adrain's brilliant, unlike that other one that you could hardly hear lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Neon-)
    Ally court is just so far away. We need a tram line or something :p:.

Essay went okay. I did the one on free will. Finished and handed mine in yesterday. Had to have it done yesterday. There was no way I was going to be able to finish it this morning :P
    Adrain's brilliant, unlike that other one that you could hardly here lol.
    I didn't go to the ethical essays which is a shame it should be the most interesting subject!

I started mine at two went to sleep at 4 got up at 9 and finished it. im so sleep deprived atmxD

I'm gonna try so hard to get in his seminars. Will be legendary!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    You read through the entire thread?

The entire 355 page thread?
    Nope...... I lied
    I just couldn't handle its epicness.

ReputationRep:
    Whew, solved another Euler project problem. I wrote a ML solution to it but it wouldn't run within the stack space its got so I had relieve it by doing a part of the calculation by hand :mad:
    Which one? Running out of stack space suggests 'you're doing it wrong' (Having said that, I had one solution that ran for 20 minutes before giving me the answer. :o:)

Spoiler:
    Show
    I've written a function that's horrible but works. Unfortunately, it's taken so long to figure out that I've now forgotten exactly how it works. It then had a bug (if the input was of odd length) that I knew how to fix from experience, but have no idea why that fix worked (because I don't know how the whole thing works). :rofl: I suspect, sadly, that my supervisor might not be impressed if I hand in the work with a partial explanation followed by 'magic happens'!

ReputationRep:
    I've had no luck with technology this weekend...sky and now my laptop has just went through a startup repair and has lost a few internet settings. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Which one? Running out of stack space suggests 'you're doing it wrong' (Having said that, I had one solution that ran for 20 minutes before giving me the answer. :o:)

Spoiler:
    Show
    I've written a function that's horrible but works. Unfortunately, it's taken so long to figure out that I've now forgotten exactly how it works. It then had a bug (if the input was of odd length) that I knew how to fix from experience, but have no idea why that fix worked (because I don't know how the whole thing works). :rofl: I suspect, sadly, that my supervisor might not be impressed if I hand in the work with a partial explanation followed by 'magic happens'!
    Well it was just a very very very very large list of lists to search through! :o: It worked after I manually computed what the first two numbers should be and eliminated 80% of the lists.

(Original post by LuhLah)
    I'm applying there :sexface: Do you think he could get me a few unconditionals eh eh :eyebrows:
    He only interviews/give out offers to grad students. Although he does tutor every year of the undergrads.

ReputationRep:

He only interviews/give out offers to grad students. Although he does tutor every year of the undergrads.
    Omg ask him if the maths is heavy going in the course!! And if I'd be disadvantaged by not doing higher physics

ReputationRep:
    Ugly Betty :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Omg ask him if the maths is heavy going in the course!! And if I'd be disadvantaged by not doing higher physics
    1) I can't contact him right now :p:
    2) He wouldn't know how school courses factor into the degree course because he's never seen the exact material schools here teach.
    3) He wouldn't know the criteria for admitting undergrads since he's not in the admissions process for them

ReputationRep:
    What do you think the lowest grades you could get an unconditional from St Andrews for history would be?
    Should I change Stirling law to Strathclyde law or St Andrews history, or stick with Stirling? Any advice much appreciated!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.