Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ??????????????????)
    Worst thing is I nearly platted it was like one trophy away (treasure hunter)
    :pinch: Ouch, really sorry about that - FFXIII takes an age to platinum!

ReputationRep:
    I borrowed Uncharted 2 off a friend yesterday. Really really enjoying it! May well get the first one sometime, though Killzone 3 will probably take priority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    I borrowed Uncharted 2 off a friend yesterday. Really really enjoying it! May well get the first one sometime, though Killzone 3 will probably take priority.
    Allow getting excited about KZ3! Seriously though, don't over hype a game cos then you'll probably be disappointed in it...I did it all the time :sigh:

Can't wait for the beta tho :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Allow getting excited about KZ3! Seriously though, don't over hype a game cos then you'll probably be disappointed in it...I did it all the time :sigh:

Can't wait for the beta tho :p:
    Good point, I over hyped Bl'Ops and was disappointed even though I didn't get it. Had you all said how good it was I'd have gone out and bought it. ah well. At least with the beta and 1 mission download I'll get the chance to try out KZ3!

I die a lot on Uncharted some of the treasures are hidden in really obscure places too but it is pretty addictive, hence why I am still up playing it now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    Good point, I over hyped Bl'Ops and was disappointed even though I didn't get it. Had you all said how good it was I'd have gone out and bought it. ah well. At least with the beta and 1 mission download I'll get the chance to try out KZ3!

I die a lot on Uncharted some of the treasures are hidden in really obscure places too but it is pretty addictive, hence why I am still up playing it now.
    It's a fantastic game, the treasure hunting is so annoying though...oh well at least you only need 100 out of 101 treasures for the trophy! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    It's a fantastic game, the treasure hunting is so annoying though...oh well at least you only need 100 out of 101 treasures for the trophy! :awesome:
    Lol great, I have missed quite a few so would have to go back if I want to platinum it. Not sure I will though, uni is getting more intense and should probably take priority... Oh for an easy life with more game time I had a look last night at some of the trophies I have yet to get and it could take quite a long time so I may not bother, I haven't got any game past 50% trophies

ReputationRep:
    Killzone 3: Limited Edition PS3 (inc. 'Jungle Green' Dualshock 3 Wireless Controller) £50.87 Delivered @ ZAVVI (using 15% off code)

Very good deal if you consider a normal DS3 controller to be worth ~£30.

One thing is I'm not too sure on Zavvi's delivery time...:K:

Edit: I'm tempting myself...wtf? Might buy this just for the controller and sell the game...

ReputationRep:
    Killzone 3: Limited Edition PS3 (inc. 'Jungle Green' Dualshock 3 Wireless Controller) £50.87 Delivered @ ZAVVI (using 15% off code)

Very good deal if you consider a normal DS3 controller to be worth ~£30.

One thing is I'm not too sure on Zavvi's delivery time...:K:

Edit: I'm tempting myself...wtf? Might buy this just for the controller and sell the game...
    allow playing and winning without me

ReputationRep:
    I played Black Ops with my brother the other day on 360 (I forgot to cancel my live account after getting a PS3 so it renewed, and I haven't even used it since). Took me a while to get used to the controls as I hadn't played on the 360 is months, but after that, I was quite enjoying, played for a couple of hours, in that time only experienced one freeze (which I think may be more the console rather than the game as it is old), and one lobby disconnection. No disconnections or even host migrations during a match.

Do not fear, PS3 is still my number one, but 360 is good for a couple of things!

ReputationRep:
    Hi all. I've just finished exams and have decided to reward myself with a PS3 game. The trouble is, I'm not sure what to get, so I thought I would ask you nice guys/gals for some help . So far I only have COD Black Ops on the PS3 which I thought was OK, though I feel it gets repetitive at times. I'm looking for a game which ideally isn't a FPS and has a long campaign. So far Fallout 3, Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 look good, but do you have any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shortduct)
    Hi all. I've just finished exams and have decided to reward myself with a PS3 game. The trouble is, I'm not sure what to get, so I thought I would ask you nice guys/gals for some help . So far I only have COD Black Ops on the PS3 which I thought was OK, though I feel it gets repetitive at times. I'm looking for a game which ideally isn't a FPS and has a long campaign. So far Fallout 3, Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 look good, but do you have any ideas?
    You can check the wiki for good games.
    I would recommend Uncharted 2 but you could wait for Killzone 3 (although that is an FPS), Fallout New Vegas is great (albeit very buggy), Gran Turismo 5 is brilliant if you like racing games and LittleBigPlanet 2 is amazing (I'm currently playing it).

On an unrelated note, has anyone here got minecraft? I bought it yesterday and have been completely addicted to it.

Edit: Derp! Forgot the link to the wiki! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...tion_3_Society

ReputationRep:
    Take a look at the OP for a list of games but KZ2's campaign is generic and boring tbh...I'd advise against getting it just for that. U2 had good replay value and the campaign is a good length although it's not that long either, Fallout 3 would probably be a better option?

(Original post by jermaindefoe)
    allow playing and winning without me
    We played quite well once we got into it, tobs was pretty hilarious...we were down 0-3 in out of the games and brought it back to win 4-3! Epic skillz! I didn't know if you were still up or not so I didn't wanna disturb you if you were asleep or busy

ReputationRep:
    Killzone 2 is an FPS Killzone 3 is released next month and will have a demo up on the PSN store of the multiplayer on Feb 3rd and one of the campaign levels on Feb 16th. Game release is Feb 23rd, so if you wanted to wait that is an option and you can try it out for free

I'm playing Uncharted 2 right now and have maybe 6 hours play on the campaign, not sure how far through I am though, but it is very enjoyable!

Little Big Planet has been raved about on here, haven't tried it myself though.

Gran Turismo 5 isn't an FPS and has a very long campaign but if you're not that into driving games you may not enjoy this too much as there is a LOT of driving to do.

ReputationRep:
    Just earned £50 for renting my ps to a fifa tournament happening on campus this week (which I'm also taking part in :ninja:)

Ps: JD, Carroll for £35m :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badger-man)
    You can check the wiki for good games.
    I would recommend Uncharted 2 but you could wait for Killzone 3 (although that is an FPS), Fallout New Vegas is great (albeit very buggy), Gran Turismo 5 is brilliant if you like racing games and LittleBigPlanet 2 is amazing (I'm currently playing it).

On an unrelated note, has anyone here got minecraft? I bought it yesterday and have been completely addicted to it.

Edit: Derp! Forgot the link to the wiki! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...tion_3_Society
    Was into Minecraft alot during the alpha stage but it became really boring for me without any real objective...stopped just before the hell thing they released around Haloween...Great game though

ReputationRep:
    Take a look at the OP for a list of games but KZ2's campaign is generic and boring tbh...I'd advise against getting it just for that. U2 had good replay value and the campaign is a good length although it's not that long either, Fallout 3 would probably be a better option?

We played quite well once we got into it, tobs was pretty hilarious...we were down 0-3 in out of the games and brought it back to win 4-3! Epic skillz! I didn't know if you were still up or not so I didn't wanna disturb you if you were asleep or busy
    i was in bed at 10:15 anyway :sigh:

please can i play some a little later if everyone is playing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kuks)
    Carroll for £35m :sogood:
    Can't believe Liverpool paid so much for him. David Villa cost less than that and so did Torres.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badger-man)
    Can't believe Liverpool paid so much for him. David Villa cost less than that and so did Torres.
    If you adjust for inflation Rooney cost 46m in today's money when he was bought...Bigmo will know where I'm coming from.
    I still think we overpaid but its nice to know we have owners who finally are willing to Worth no more than 20 IMO but that's probably what we paid without add ons.

ReputationRep:
    caroll 35million

van der vaart 8 million

compare goal tallys this season

:teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    caroll 35million

van der vaart 8 million

compare goal tallys this season

:teehee:
    And how many goals did your strikers score this season? All of them together? :teehee:
    Oh and how many forwards did Harry bid for yesterday? :rofl:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.