Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OneMic)
    I completely agree.

Barca are definitely declining, Messi I believe can't get better and Real Madrid is the better of the two teams atm.

Over the next 2 years or so, Barca will definitely have declined and Real will have emerged from their "shadow" so to speak.

Not at all saying Barca won't still be at the top, they will definitely stay at the top for ages to come but they've had their golden period and RM are taking it back now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Disagree tbh.

Alonso is 32, Ronaldo is 29, Ramos is 28, Pepe is 29. Important players that will start to decline from here. Messi is at his peak but he'll still be winning games for Barcelona and I feel that Luis Enrique will revamp the squad radically Pep style. I won't be surprised if they won CL league double tbh.

If they use Illaramendi e.g. to replace Alonso they'll need a bedding in period since he's been completely average this season. They still need to replace Makalele because there is no proper protection to their defence and Khedira is ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    They still need to replace Makalele because there is no proper protection to their defence and Khedira is ****.
    Or you could appreciate that it's possible to play without a destroyer...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlisomes)
    Barca is Real's main enemy, they give a **** about them more than Atletico. Even still, I don't really care about Atletico, have no need to..
    Not sure if that's relevant?

You a Real fan?

Anyway, forza the underdog.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Who Gon Stop Me)
    Or you could appreciate that it's possible to play without a destroyer...
    Their Center backs are front foot defenders who struggle to deal with pressure, they're not the greatest in possession(Atlético let them have the ball) and their fullbacks are suspect. Busquetts isn't really a destroyer anyway and relies on interceptions. But the thing is that Barcelona's work rate is better than Madrids and they're better at pressuring the opposition. Most of the time when Madrid are pressurising it's down to the opposition parking bus and letting them have the ball, as if they push forward they'll get hit on the counter as they have so many fast space players.

I don't mean a full on destroyer, someone like Matic who can play, push up the pitch but can help their defence. Because in their midfield their CMs don't have much energy or steel and tbh you could probably bypass their midfield with enough speed in your counter. Modric can dictate the play and move forward but I don't see his position as a full on no.8 in a 2 man midfield. He's a top player and capable of it, but would rather like to see him a bit further up the pitch.

I was watching that Atlético game and tbh if they had one or two of Chelsea's AMs e.g. they'd have probably scored another goal, they were just so slow on the counter so couldn't get out of their half.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stylo92)
    Not sure if that's relevant?

You a Real fan?

Anyway, forza the underdog.
    You mentioned Atletico it wasn't relevant to my point.

Just saying why I wanted Real to win....

and I'm not a Real fan, but then it's wrong to respect great clubs, got it..

ReputationRep:
    According to the Metro we've made a 16m bid for Griezeman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Balotelli would run through a brick for Mancini.
    always thought things went sour after the bust up :dontknow:

Anyway looks like Sagna aint agreed nothin with Man city and is looking elsewhere;
    http://www.setanta.com/ie/sagna-expects-arsenal-exit/
    "I've not agreed deal with City, I'm talking with European clubs. 90% chance I'll go."

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2014...ff+The+Post%29
    Greizzman bid rumour picking up with speculation of us having made a 18mil bid but face competition from Juve. Reports from Italy so not sure on validity tbh, but quite a few papers are picking it up.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I heard, apparently though - he prefers a move to the premier league

ReputationRep:
    25 years ago today!!

:coma:

So good!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    25 years ago today!!

:coma:

So good!!
    Steve bould with that hair do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlisomes)
    You mentioned Atletico it wasn't relevant to my point.

Just saying why I wanted Real to win....

and I'm not a Real fan, but then it's wrong to respect great clubs, got it..
    They were relevant because it was Atletico v Real, not Real v Barca.

You wanted them to win to emerge from Barca's shadow a bit, I countered that wasn't it time for Atletico to emerge from Real's shadow. That's it, basically.

Not what I suggested at all.

ReputationRep:
    Man like Adebayor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Man like Adebayor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He doesn't deserve it for ****

ReputationRep:
    Adebayor gives me jokes man. A true mercenary if there ever was one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    He doesn't deserve it for ****
    I really wanna know is he actually gonna drive that in Togo or is it just there for show.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So apparently Spurs are in talks with that Saints boss who can't even face the media in English

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    So apparently Spurs are in talks with that Saints boss who can't even face the media in English
    Not a big deal tbh, he can speak it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Ade is my guy fam. That's what we're all aiming for bredrin.

ReputationRep:
    As long as Daniel Levy is around Spurs will achieve absolutely nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    As long as Stan Kronke is around Arsenal will achieve absolutely nothing.
    Fixed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.