Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paradeplatz)
    Nope, but he mentioned that second round will be next week so I assume that we will be notified within the next 48hrs.
    Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple_fox)
    Okay, GS was very damn technical, loads of commerical, but thankfully no brainteasers. I think it went well though.
    What kind of technical questions? I thought they said it's competency based...
    Congrats on your JPM offer btw!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple_fox)
    JPM offer and gs interview in a bit, kind of bricking it, hope not many awful brainteasers.
    Is that 3 or 4 offers now? I've lost count! At least you know all your hard work has been paying off

ReputationRep:
    have BNP.P made any moves yet?

ReputationRep:
    So GS are asking technicals now

ReputationRep:
    CS vs Barclays, what's your pick? I'm definitely leaning towards Barclays, considering they fast-track everyone to interview for their Summer Internship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaGeehkaal)
    So GS are asking technicals now
    Can't be anything more than analysing something in the news with basic economics..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    who are you? Youve done nothing but post crap and useless posts on here, why mathsnerd or whatever hasn't banned you from this thread idk
    That's quite rude.. I was just giving advice, much the same as you were. Frankly, the language and tone you are using is more deserving of a ban if you ask me. "mathsnerd or whatever" is no way to refer to a moderator.

(Original post by MathsNerd1)
    You still need to pass the year to be able to convert and having a month of spring weeks could prevent her from doing well in her exams as she'd have no time to revise. It's no good doing a whole month if you can't pass everything. Just saying.
    Good point, although I remember it being quite hard to fail the first year (only 1 person in my degree) and she seems like quite an astute (purple fox) girl!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone knows the dates for the Credit Suisse Spring Week? I've been made an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by limpan142)
    CS vs Barclays, what's your pick? I'm definitely leaning towards Barclays, considering they fast-track everyone to interview for their Summer Internship.
    Barclays is a quickly declining back

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    Can't be anything more than analysing something in the news with basic economics..
    That's a joke/sarcasm? To be clear

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mduran1)
    Anyone knows the dates for the Credit Suisse Spring Week? I've been made an offer
    23-27 march and 13-17 april

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tcoburn)
    have BNP.P made any moves yet?
    They have started interviewing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    Nah, GS are about that life. You will have to go through LBO models :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Last minute citi tips anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aenigma)
    That's a joke/sarcasm? To be clear

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Based on my interview experiences so far, I'm not joking. How technical can a Spring Week interview for a non-finance/econ student get though? Especially given it's stated as being competency based.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Nah, GS are about that life. You will have to go through LBO models :lol:
    Perhaps for IBD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    Last minute citi tips anyone?
    If it's first round CitiQuest then it's just competency, mine was basic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    Based on my interview experiences so far, I'm not joking. How technical can a Spring Week interview for a non-finance/econ student get though? Especially given it's stated as being competency based.
    As technical as the interviewer likes?
    Lots if friends with GS sec spring week interviews got fairly tough technicals:
    DCFs
    Greeks
    Derivs
    ETFs
    Bond maths
    Explaining/coming up with option strategies
    In depth option problems
    Whether is stated as being competency based makes very litter difference but I suppose your naïveté is endearing. I wouldn't spread opinion as fact to other people in that way, though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    If it's first round CitiQuest then it's just competency, mine was basic
    no comm awareness? cheers

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.