The Commons Bar Mk IX - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
What rights should they have? And will I get a letter from a sheep when it's suing me...

I'm not saying we should kill of everything (then we'd have nothing left to eat and kill) but doesn't mean we can't do it.
look above, protection from harm and harsher punishments for killing them.

but we shouldn't kill for 'sport'
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
One thing that puzzles me is why people consider having something metal attached and then electrocuted is more humane than a quick swipe of the neck.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bun)
Even better would be to chase Green supporters through the countryside on horseback and have the dogs chase them. But I suspect even altering the human rights act won't allow that, so we'll just have to settle for foxes.
I'll get an amendment ready for when the term starts...
(Original post by Aph)
look above, protection from harm and harsher punishments for killing them.

but we shouldn't kill for 'sport'
But then we wouldn't eat meat - and I'm a carnivore...
Mmm, we shouldn't make teenagers suffer in exams but it happens...
KingStannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
And you sir are the personification of a red tory.

If I want to start abusing any animal I am stopped as animals have rights. Why should I be allowef to hunt foxes just because its 'traditional' its morally repugnant

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's more humane than eating meat from the supermarket. You just think foxes look cute. That is the most immoral way to rank species.
bun
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Get it passed as a 'joke' bill, but be deadly serious about it...
Airmed
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well that Religion exam could have went a whole lot worse. At least it didn't or I'd be in a worse state.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bun)
Get it passed as a 'joke' bill, but be deadly serious about it...
Now that - is so happening!

(Original post by CescaD96)
Well that Religion exam could have went a whole lot worse. At least it didn't or I'd be in a worse state.
Aww well done! When's your next?
bun
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CescaD96)
I'm not big on sympathy I'm afraid. We don't do emotion in my family So I'll say what I always do when I'm trying to be sympathetic - it be reight

I hope you appreciate the effort it took for me to write that

More seriously though, glad it seemed to go ok - it's the weekend soon!
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bun)
I'm not big on sympathy I'm afraid. We don't do emotion in my family So I'll say what I always do when I'm trying to be sympathetic - it be reight

I hope you appreciate the effort it took for me to write that

More seriously though, glad it seemed to go ok - it's the weekend soon!
EDIT: Probably a bit mean lol!
That Bearded Man
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What rights should they have? And will I get a letter from a sheep when it's suing me...

I'm not saying we should kill of everything (then we'd have nothing left to eat and kill) but doesn't mean we can't do it.
Does the dying out of animal species not concern in any way? Or as long as we keep the tasty species alive are you happy?
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

But then we wouldn't eat meat - and I'm a carnivore...
Mmm, we shouldn't make teenagers suffer in exams but it happens...
Like I said test tube meat...
and I agree, exams aren't fair.
(Original post by KingStannis)
It's more humane than eating meat from the supermarket. You just think foxes look cute. That is the most immoral way to rank species.
im sorry are you saying that a) you know exactly what I'm thinking all the time because if not I suggest you learn your place. I don't not care about this just because it is a fox and it's cute, as far as I'm concerned setting dogs any animal to kill it is wrong.

and also letting an animal be torn to shreads is humane?!
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by That Bearded Man)
Does the dying out of animal species not concern in any way? Or as long as we keep the tasty species alive are you happy?
I don't want them to die out, as that would mean we wouldn't be able to hunt any longer (or eat them), and there should be some endangered species, but for other animals, we should be freely allowed to hunt and eat!!! I love meat!!!
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
NO. Just NO.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
NO. Just NO.
What?
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bun)
I agree with the first bit. I don't like to see anything suffer pain - be it a snail or a polar bear and personally find fox hunting a bit cruel. Having said that, I certainly don't think animals should have 'rights' or that nonsense. That's just leftist drivel for "let's find something else I can do to make my conscience feel better for being a bit of a ....".
why though? Should humans not have rights then? It is essentially the same thing.

I think it just comes down to human decency - I wouldn't kill any animal (except to put it out of its misery which I've done occasionally and don't like doing) but at the same time, if people don't have those feelings - and I'm not saying everyone should! - then I say let them hunt if that's what they want to do. Even better would be to chase Green supporters through the countryside on horseback and have the dogs chase them. But I suspect even altering the human rights act won't allow that, so we'll just have to settle for foxes.
you know that killing animals and enjoying it are often the first signs of being a sociopath? Children who do it often go on to kill people too.
KingStannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
and I agree, exams aren't fair.
im sorry are you saying that a) you know exactly what I'm thinking all the time because if not I suggest you learn your place. I don't not care about this just because it is a fox and it's cute, as far as I'm concerned setting dogs any animal to kill it is wrong.

and also letting an animal be torn to shreads is humane?!
It obviously doesn't survive long.

And it's far more humane than an animal that's been couped up all its life, then dying.

I have absolutely no idea why a dog killing a fox is wrong, but a fox killing a sheep is somehow okay. What do you have again dogs?
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by adam9317)
Greater rights!! Are you serious?
I'd actually agree, I'm incredibly pro-animals rights but at the same time I can't miss a spot of hunting if I'm going to eat the animal or in a foxes case, my dog.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KingStannis)
It obviously doesn't survive long.

And it's far more humane than an animal that's been couped up all its life, then dying.

I have absolutely no idea why a dog killing a fox is wrong, but a fox killing a sheep is somehow okay. What do you have again dogs?
It can last hours, and you gave to remember the chase, would you like to chased though a wood by wolves just to be torn limb from limb???

there are humane ways ok keeping them...
bun
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
why though? Should humans not have rights then? It is essentially the same thing.

you know that killing animals and enjoying it are often the first signs of being a sociopath? Children who do it often go on to kill people too.
Of course it's not the same chuffin thing!! And no, I don't believe all humans should have rights either. Controversial, but I believe terrorists and serial killers for example should forego all human rights as they have proven themselves to be 'un-human' in their actions.

Yes - I think that's fairly obvious, and as I say, I personally am against animal cruelty (except medical testing / for food) and would never go fox hunting. I also suspect you might become a sociopath one day, but stopping fox-hunting is not going to prevent a load of people becoming sociopaths!
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bun)
Of course it's not the same chuffin thing!! And no, I don't believe all humans should have rights either. Controversial, but I believe terrorists and serial killers for example should forego all human rights as they have proven themselves to be 'un-human' in their actions.

Yes - I think that's fairly obvious, and as I say, I personally am against animal cruelty (except medical testing / for food) and would never go fox hunting. I also suspect you might become a sociopath one day, but stopping fox-hunting is not going to prevent a load of people becoming sociopaths!
Ok, what about the big bankers and CEO's who use slave labour or pay their staff as little as possible and let them live in poverty??? That's inhuman so should we take their rights away???

it was just a point that if the person derives pleasure from it it is often a sign of dealer issues so instead of legalising the so called 'sport' we should ban it and anyone who then kills them anyway should be locked up in a mental hospital or face a murder charge with the chanse of life inprisonment.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.53%
No I haven't decided yet (59)
22.96%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.51%

Watched Threads