Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leukocyte)
    That's funny 😂

Good luck on Sunday! 😉

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    Good alhamdulillah. Days been a bit slow lol. What about yours? What did you get upto?
    Same, bit slow today, not much really. Mostly revision and gym inbetween. Fridays are generally quiet...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)

Good luck on Sunday! 😉
    Thanks lol

MashaAllah.

ReputationRep:
    I know that fasting on Friday isn't allowed but what if you did fast on a Friday not knowing it was a Friday, you realise in the afternoon and don't want to break it, does it still count?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    Awww :hugs: I so feel you...I miss my cousins who don't live here so much 😢
    You have me (remember I am here for you insha'Allah) dont say that 😔😘
    :lovehug:
    (Original post by h333)
    Insha'Allah yeah full sleeves is best
    She does not need to know
    well she will find out if something is fishy less pieces left :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enginerd.)
    Same, bit slow today, not much really. Mostly revision and gym inbetween. Fridays are generally quiet...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sounds like a normal friday for a student
    I know that fasting on Friday isn't allowed but what if you did fast on a Friday not knowing it was a Friday, you realise in the afternoon and don't want to break it, does it still count?
    Not sure sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Duas - Remembrance In the morning and evening
    اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّي لَّا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ، خَلَقْتَنِي وَأَنَا عَبْدُكَ، وَأَنَا عَلَى عَهْدِكَ وَوَعْدِكَ مَا اسْتَطَعْتُ، أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا صَنَعْتُ، أَبُوءُ لَكَ بِنِعْمَتِكَ عَلَيَّ، وَأَبُوءُ بِذَنْبِي فَاغْفِر لِي فَإِنَّهُ لَا يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ
    Allaahumma 'Anta Rabbee laa 'ilaaha 'illaa 'Anta, khalaqtanee wa 'anaa 'abduka, wa 'anaa 'alaa 'ahdika wa wa'dika mas-tata'tu, 'a'oothu bika min sharri maa sana'tu, 'aboo'u laka bini'matika 'alayya, wa 'aboo'u bithanbee faghfir lee fa'innahu laa yaghfiruth-thunooba 'illaa 'Anta.
    O Allah, You are my Lord, there is none worthy of worship but You. You created me and I am your slave. I keep Your covenant, and my pledge to You so far as I am able. I seek refuge in You from the evil of what I have done. I admit to Your blessings upon me, and I admit to my misdeeds. Forgive me, for there is none who may forgive sins but You.(Whoever recites this with conviction in the evening and dies during that night shall enter Paradise, and whoever recites it with conviction in the morning and dies during that day shall enter Paradise.)

ReputationRep:
    السلام عليك ورحمة الله وبركاته
    Thank you for the responses yesterday.

Always remember to tell your parents to make dua for you...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lifeisterrible99)
    yep life is always terrible to me
    just things that i dont understand and dont know how to overcome :erm:
    Subhanallah. Sometimes we do get overwhelmed by circumstances. Yet this is the very thing that enables us to build who we are, become better and learn from our experiences; it reminds us, renewing the realisation that there is One in control of all matters and that we can only do so much.

(Original post by Enginerd.)
    I guess so, they ruined the newer CODs with the exo suits though... not for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah m8, cod:aw was good, I thought.

(Original post by User1212)
    I feel quite positive today for a change, Alhamdulillah.
    Alhamdulillah

i am feeling better now since i started praying "regularly" :teeth:
    great :yy:
    Alhamdulillah, "Certainly, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest". SubhaanAllah. Prayer is a time when we detach ourselves from everyday worries to focus solely on our relationship with our Rabb, when all else is put on hold whilst we spend time in His company, when no difficulty is more overwhelming, nor pain from any sadness, has a greater hold of our hearts than the love of Allah and our awe of His Majesty.

(Original post by beyrouthi)
    Sorry if this is an awkward question.
    In your communities would you say that generally most Muslims keep their virginity till marriage?
    Yes, alhamdulillah. WAllahu a'lam

(Original post by IdeasForLife)
    Asalaamualaykum, I hope you are all doing good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wa alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Imhu, there is no issue - the dislikedness of fasting on Friday in particular, on its own, avoids misconception that it is a fast holding greater merit than that of other days, etc. Thus fasting regularly just on Friday is disliked. Please check with a person of knowledge

https://islamqa.info/en/20049

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash92:))
    Subhanallah. Sometimes we do get overwhelmed by circumstances. Yet this is the very thing that enables us to build who we are, become better and learn from our experiences; it reminds us, renewing the realisation that there is One in control of all matters and that we can only do so much.

Nah m8, cod:aw was good, I thought.

Alhamdulillah

Alhamdulillah, "Certainly, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest". SubhaanAllah. Prayer is a time when we detach ourselves from everyday worries to focus solely on our relationship with our Rabb, when all else is put on hold whilst we spend time in His company, when no difficulty is more overwhelming, nor pain from any sadness, has a greater hold of our hearts than the love of Allah and our awe of His Majesty.

Yes, alhamdulillah. WAllahu a'lam

Wa alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Imhu, there is no issue - the dislikedness of fasting on Friday in particular, on its own, avoids misconception that it is a fast holding greater merit than that of other days, etc. Thus fasting regularly just on Friday is disliked. Please check with a person of knowledge

https://islamqa.info/en/20049
    JZK. It's permissible in my case.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Assalamu alaykum. Hope you're well inshaAllah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Legit laughing out loud.
    llol

ReputationRep:
    most do and i personally feel that its much safer because you cant really trust a person nowadays
    but then most don't because they are trying to adapt western culture i guess or maybe they haven't been taught about sexual intercourse and curious to try i guess....
    (Original post by h333)
    I assume most do, especially the girls. I expect so anyway insha'Allah.
    Most of the Muslims I know in my community seem to think sex before marriage is fine as long as you're in a committed relationship. Was just wondering how common this mindset was

ReputationRep:
    I was gonna post this exact video yesterday but I lost it lol
    Then I come on ISOC to see it Alhamdulilah XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squish•)
    i like dawahman's work but i can't help but just sit and feel really uncomfortable when he cries and i'm just watching lol
    His last video on shias right lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    His last video on shias right lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah lol i dunno what to do just watching him cry it's so weird for me haha. also in other videos he does it too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beyrouthi)
    Most of the Muslims I know in my community seem to think sex before marriage is fine as long as you're in a committed relationship. Was just wondering how common this mindset was
    Nah that's just going against the quran to think it's permissible. It's not allowed and one of most major sins. If you have done it then you can obviously be forgiven and are supposed to hide any bad from ur past but saying that it's okay or permissible is wrong. If they say they are in a committed relationship, a marriage is an honest committed relationship. How can you committed if you aren't wanting to marry them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squish•)
    Yeah lol i dunno what to do just watching him cry it's so weird for me haha. also in other videos he does it too
    Although I'm not a fan of his it makes me sad to see him cry lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Although I'm not a fan of his it makes me sad to see him cry lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahahahaha lol it makes me the opposite coz i just wanna listen and get what i want from the video and not cringe or feel uncomfortable! i think that's just how he is but watching him do it is so like 'uuuuuh' for me (not sure the word). sometimes i stop watching because i dunno what to do
    You aren't a fan of him, or his crying?

Salams!

Guys shall I start my own blog?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2016
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.