Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
jonathan122
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Pocket Calculator)
Terrified of going back to uni - so much work and revision to finish between now and then. Struggling's an understatement. Going to fail the third year if i don't do all this properly, which will mean no fourth year for me, and come july i'll be totally alone in the world, which will almost definitely put me over the edge. All worked up about the Easter holiday already. Don't know where the hell i'll end up living, but wherever it is will most likely be soul-destroyingly lonely.
:hugs: Are you getting any help from the university?
Not Invented Yet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
Hi Charley, how are you?
Hi. I didn't expect anyone to care that I was back. I've been gradually getting better and better, but over Christmas I seem to have slid back again. How are you?
raspberrybubbles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by anna_spanner89)
aww :hugs: I know the feeling, i had to fight off tears with my parents. Plus, my mum is sugesting doing all these nice things, which i should be looking forward too..but im so indifferent, i genuinely don't care..plus if something nie happens, i look for the bad side of it all, its so unlike me as im such an optimist.

But you know what, the best thing i ever did was go to the doctors today
Anna, getting it earlier will help you A LOT. Please have hope, you can get better
Psyk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, but for me it's not because of exams or anything, not that I'm looking forward to them though. But I don't really want to stay here either. I guess I just have to accept I'm not going to be happy wherever I am.
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hmm. Yesterday I felt so good, today I've smashed against a brick wall. Bah.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by raspberrybubbles)
Hmm. Yesterday I felt so good, today I've smashed against a brick wall. Bah.
:hugs: Want to talk about it?
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...-credit-crisis
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How's everyone today? Im actually feeling ok, im not constantly feeling down..just a bit jittery. I have good and bad days and this is a good day. Probably because im excited about going shopping with my mum later
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How's everyone today? Im actually feeling ok, im not constantly feeling down..just a bit jittery. I have good and bad days and this is a good day. Probably because im excited about going shopping with my mum later
Hi anna, good to know you're feeling ok. :hugs:
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi anna, good to know you're feeling ok. :hugs:

How are you?
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How are you?
I'm ok, got a meeting with my therapist in a couple of hours, and need to get some work finished (or at least started ) before I go back to uni next week, but apart from that things are going ok.
hbandtr4eva
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi Katherine, :hugs:

My advice would be to talk to your university about staying at home for a couple of weeks, or however long your doctor recommended, and extending the deadlines for any work you have during that time, so that it doesn't matter if you fall behind too much. That way you can keep your options open about whether or not you want to go back for the rest of the year.

All the best :hugs:
Thanks for the advice I've decided to take a couple of weeks off and do the work I have due in as I go along. I'll have to go back at least once in that fortnight to do an exam but if I mess it up I can discard the mark anyway, which isn't too bad I'm not sure if I really want to go back, but I'm going to see how I feel in a fortnight and what my GP says. I was planning on taking next year off anyway so I'd like to finish this year if I could.

The anti-depressants don't seem to be too bad, I still feel up and down but mostly I'm missing Matt. Part of me keeps hoping he'll come back because I love him to bits. I wish he knew that I wanted him, but didn't need him. I just want to tell him what's happening but I know he doesn't care/want to know. He's my best friend and I feel like a huge piece of me is missing. After what he said on Sunday am I stupid to hold out hope?
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by hbandtr4eva)
Thanks for the advice I've decided to take a couple of weeks off and do the work I have due in as I go along. I'll have to go back at least once in that fortnight to do an exam but if I mess it up I can discard the mark anyway, which isn't too bad I'm not sure if I really want to go back, but I'm going to see how I feel in a fortnight and what my GP says. I was planning on taking next year off anyway so I'd like to finish this year if I could.

The anti-depressants don't seem to be too bad, I still feel up and down but mostly I'm missing Matt. Part of me keeps hoping he'll come back because I love him to bits. I wish he knew that I wanted him, but didn't need him. I just want to tell him what's happening but I know he doesn't care/want to know. He's my best friend and I feel like a huge piece of me is missing. After what he said on Sunday am I stupid to hold out hope?

Are we living parallel lives? i feel exactly the same. I miss ben to bits, im hoping he's just in a mood and needs some space and will see sense..but then i think, what if i never see him again, and that really really upsets me.

How long have you been on the meds? take uni slow, don't push yourself but keep yourself busy

How bad is it to drink on citralopalm?? I have my freshers week next week
Psycho
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How bad is it to drink on citralopalm?? I have my freshers week next week
Hey, I've been on citalopram for a while.

To my knowledge alcohol and citalopram don't interact with eachother. It's just that alcohol in itself is a depressant which would negate the positive effects of citalopram. So I don't think there's much too much to worry about. Personally I've drunk loads while being on it. Most weekends, at a festival with 4 days of solid drinking! Countless other times - and never had a problem. The only thing I noticed was that it makes me feel a bit more "spaced" the day after... but that might just be a placebo from worrying about it.

So take it easy on the drinks if you're worried. But I've had absolutely no issues.
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
god i feel crap again.

crapity crap crap
Pocket Calculator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
god i feel crap again.

crapity crap crap
and me. lost all my motivation. damn lonely still. je ne l'aime pas.
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Psycho)
Hey, I've been on citalopram for a while.

To my knowledge alcohol and citalopram don't interact with eachother. It's just that alcohol in itself is a depressant which would negate the positive effects of citalopram. So I don't think there's much too much to worry about. Personally I've drunk loads while being on it. Most weekends, at a festival with 4 days of solid drinking! Countless other times - and never had a problem. The only thing I noticed was that it makes me feel a bit more "spaced" the day after... but that might just be a placebo from worrying about it.

So take it easy on the drinks if you're worried. But I've had absolutely no issues.
I can drink, but remember it'll get you drunk quicker. Also, don't drink too much (10 max, really I'd say... but maybe that's just me!)
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: Want to talk about it?
I don't know why it's happened, but alas. Shooping with my friends has cheered me up a tiny bit, but still same old, same old.

What about you?
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I hate days today. It's either been really really bad or really good. Ok, it's mostly been really really bad, but there have been 2 good things which have made me smile, even though one was a stupid target I set myself and achieved.

Why do humans hurt each other? Why do we regret things? Why do we only regret things once we find out more about someone/something. I won't go into details cos you're all fed up of hearing about Gavin, but he's really hurt me today and I feel like such an idiot

Hope everyone is ok especially those starting new meds
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
I hate days today. It's either been really really bad or really good. Ok, it's mostly been really really bad, but there have been 2 good things which have made me smile, even though one was a stupid target I set myself and achieved.

Why do humans hurt each other? Why do we regret things? Why do we only regret things once we find out more about someone/something. I won't go into details cos you're all fed up of hearing about Gavin, but he's really hurt me today and I feel like such an idiot

Hope everyone is ok especially those starting new meds
:console:

Feel free to talk about it if you want too, hun.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (212)
39.41%
No - but I will (38)
7.06%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.69%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (252)
46.84%

Watched Threads