Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EleanorSusan)
    I made up so many critics opinions for that exam haha, hopefully they don't check whether those people are real or not!
    I hope so too! I remembered the gist of what they said... :lol: For my mock I used about 10 quotes all from the same guy and my teacher didn't notice so maybe there is hope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic_x)
    Aha yeah, the city is really very cute, and not tooo far away from London also. Oh dear, I'm getting excited about going there again, when I should be maintaining defensive pessimistic stance. XD
    Thank you! You too! Do you reckon you will attempt to go on UCAS track before collecting your results? I'm not sure if it is a wise idea or not.
    yea quite close, how long does it take by car? I remember it being around an hour and a half or so
    ahah well im sure you'll be pleasantly surprised
    yea definitely, my school don't open till 10ish so I wont be able to resist for 2 hours also I don't care what grades I end up with (within reason) as long as I get into uni/my firm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pak1994)
    I know! Well Bristol calls their course Experimental Psychology too, but still. New College (it's so beautiful :eek:). You - not that I know anything about Cambridge? How are you feeling about results?
    Oh yes, I forgot that and I should know, I put Bristol as my insurance choice. XD
    I can't say I know much about Oxford colleges either but I have heard of New College at least. Aw I'm glad it's so beautiful. It's amusing how they tell us not to base our college decisions on aesthetics when in fact most people do, well I certainly did. And Magdalene college for me.
    Oh God. I feel terrified about results. They asked me to attain A*A*A and I'm not sure I'll get even one A* so yes, without using expletives, I am defecating myself. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    To work out 90 UMS.

A - B = X
    A + X = 90 UMS

I think 100 UMS = 2(A - B) + A

ReputationRep:
    when are the ocr and aqa grade boundaries out? getting lots of different answers on here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloels)
    Maths, Further maths, Biology and Chemistry, all WJEC.

you?

I took maths, psychology and English literature (psychology is AQA)

How'd you think C4 went? and did you do M2?

Sorry for the questions, i'm just excited to discuss exams with someone else who uses the WJEC exam board

ReputationRep:
    Why AQA and OCR gotta be so slow

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I feel calm almost relaxed now, my biggest fear M1 has turned into one my biggest strengths, the extra ums floating around the various boundaries for which I have gained has now instilled confidence to the max. Now economics and history boundaries be nice and then I am literally overjoyed

ReputationRep:
    Maths, Further maths, Biology and Chemistry, all WJEC.
    you?
    C4?!:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    To work out 90 UMS.

A - B = X
    A + X = 90 UMS

I think 100 UMS = 2(A - B) + A
    Arsey has released 100 ums marks too..check his posts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brittanna)
    AEA was 70 for a distinction . I think i've probably met that so i'm happy .
    Warwick?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    I was about to go but it seems like Edexcel got a bit too excited :lol:, only got Physics to wait for now
    Are Edexcel boundaries out?!?!?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJMayes)
    Spoiler:
    Show

C4, FP2, FP3, M5 - I think 75/75 so full UMS

S4 - I think 73-75 / 75, so hopefully 97 or upwards based on the boundaries.

S3 - I think I counted 70/75, and 68/75 will be the A* boundary, so I think 93ish UMS, which I'm happy with.

M4 - I counted 69/75, maybe 68. From the boundaries (59 for an A, 52 for a B) this means 66 is an A* (with 73 as full UMS), so I am looking at 93ish UMS again, which I'd be happy with. Assuming this M4 is correctly predicted and the first 4 are all 100, I'll beat the schools current UMS record...

Well done! :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Etoile)
    I hope so too! I remembered the gist of what they said... :lol: For my mock I used about 10 quotes all from the same guy and my teacher didn't notice so maybe there is hope
    Hopefully! Do you know when are the OCR grade boundaries released? Thursday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunny96)
    Are Edexcel boundaries out?!?!?!?!
    Sorry only maths I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EleanorSusan)
    Hopefully! Do you know when are the OCR grade boundaries released? Thursday?
    2 hours.

ReputationRep:
    Yep , can't you see everyone's going all crazy over maths! :lol:
    Not all Edexcel boundaries...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lorem Ipsum)
    2 hours.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Yep , can't you see everyone's going all crazy over maths! :lol:
    Where are they?! I can't see them on the website.

ReputationRep:
    Are all the edexcel boundaries released at the same time as aqa and ocr at midnight?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.