No it hasn't

Spoiler:
    Show
    :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Every thread has now become full of arguments :lol:
    I know... and it seems to be the same people on all the threads

cant we just have one or two for those of us football fans who dont want to argue all the time..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    I know... and it seems to be the same people on all the threads

cant we just have one or two for those of us football fans who dont want to argue all the time..

(Original post by The Rusty Spork)
    No it hasn't

Spoiler:
    Show
    :teehee:
    Think we should have a football argument thread but call it the "Friendly debating" thread.

ReputationRep:
    ugh... these football threads have just became awful now.

Always quite enjoyed coming on to read about a few transfers, bit of gossip, some opinions on playesr/formations..

But over the past week or so its just descended into mindless bickering/arguing..

Is this what happens when you guys are deprived of regular football??
    It happens to all football fans, every year. Silly season is in full swing.

ReputationRep:
    Lol Zurich is mad because he got parred off by a girl in the United thread. hahahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    ****ing hell these types of conversations are the worst. Stop living vicariously through a ****ing football team and boasting about things they won before you were born, you bunch of nerdvirgins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Row Z)
    Lol Zurich is mad because he got parred off by a girl in the United thread. hahahahahaha
    casual sexism aside..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Row Z)
    No idea what you're on about mate, or even who you are. What are you rambling about?

-------------------

Gervinho looking like hes off to Roma for 7m. Not a bad price for him considering we paid 9m. We'll need another wide player though with just Walcott, AOC and Poldi. Unless Cazorla players out wide of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    No idea what you're on about mate, or even who you are. What are you rambling about?

-------------------

Gervinho looking like hes off to Roma for 7m. Not a bad price for him considering we paid 9m. We'll need another wide player though with just Walcott, AOC and Poldi. Unless Cazorla players out wide of course.
    bernard? just gossip from this week.. but the only wide forward ive seen us linked to recently..

ReputationRep:
    casual sexism aside..
    problem? i dont care either way. football is a man's game, no sian massey, big up Keys Gray and Muirfield yeyeye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Row Z)
    problem? i dont care either way. football is a man's game, no sian massey, big up Keys Gray and Muirfield yeyeye
    You really arent much of a man now are you?.....

ReputationRep:
    bernard? just gossip from this week.. but the only wide forward ive seen us linked to recently..
    Never even heard of the guy, but we're surely not going to pay 20m for him though are we?

Highly adverse to Brazilians in the EPL generally, sooner or later they get lazy and stop caring. Santos was an extreme example but for every Gilberto Silva type there are 5 who never justify their price tag. The fact a player is from Brazil seems to hype up their price as well, so I'd prefer if we stayed well away tbh.

None of our wingers are technically gifted either, all ultra direct counter attackers tbh. Guess thats why Cazorla's been out wide sometimes, to give us better link up etc. I'd like to see us bring in a Nasri type who can cut inside better than the likes of Walcott/Podolski as I think our wing play has been terribly predictable in the last 2 years.

ReputationRep:
    Never even heard of the guy, but we're surely not going to pay 20m for him though are we?

Highly adverse to Brazilians in the EPL generally, sooner or later they get lazy and stop caring. Santos was an extreme example but for every Gilberto Silva type there are 5 who never justify their price tag. The fact a player is from Brazil seems to hype up their price as well, so I'd prefer if we stayed well away tbh.

None of our wingers are technically gifted either, all ultra direct counter attackers tbh. Guess thats why Cazorla's been out wide sometimes, to give us better link up etc. I'd like to see us bring in a Nasri type who can cut inside better than the likes of Walcott/Podolski as I think our wing play has been terribly predictable in the last 2 years.
    from what ive read.. for 10m he would be very desirable.. but 20m for a young, unproven player, whose very small and not very physical.. seems way to much..

Especially as with suarez thats 60+m gone..

Surely wenger can sniff out a young winger who can rotate with the others?

+ never personally a fan of Cazorla on the wing.. but he seems to do alright there.. so I guess its a good option to have..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    We wont sell to another PL team. Enjoy Giroud for another year. :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just like you wouldn't sell Torres to another PL club yea... :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    from what ive read.. for 10m he would be very desirable.. but 20m for a young, unproven player, whose very small and not very physical.. seems way to much..

Especially as with suarez thats 60+m gone..

Surely wenger can sniff out a young winger who can rotate with the others?

+ never personally a fan of Cazorla on the wing.. but he seems to do alright there.. so I guess its a good option to have..
    10m ish might be a goer but as I say Ive never heard of him either way.

Like Cazorla on the wing as he offers genuine link up play rather than Walcott/Podolski who can only play basic one-twos most of the time. Nasri was good at that kind of thing, cutting inside and giving us unpredictability. AOC is good at that kind of thing as well but he hasnt really found his role in the team yet.

Draxler at Schalke is that kind of player but he's signed on for another year. Bottom line is that there's not much point second guessing Wenger because we wont have heard of the majority of the players hes thinking about.

ReputationRep:
    I hope Wilshere and Walcott get going this time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    We wont sell to another PL team. Enjoy Giroud for another year. :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Enjoy shamelessly hopping on the Barcelona band wagon because Liverpool are so **** son

ReputationRep:
    10m ish might be a goer but as I say Ive never heard of him either way.
    Basically he came on during the end of the Brazil v England game, commentators start licking his ass big time and everyone follows suit. Not worth 20mil don't care what anyone says.

ReputationRep:
    Just go for Affelay if we must get a winger. But please just sign a top class striker and Fab if he becomes available. That's all I want.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal should really consider buying Luis Gustavo to bolster that CM. Luis Suarez,Gustavo,Ashley Williams is my ideal signings.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.