• Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    There won't be a new striker
    Swear down?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    There won't be a new striker
    We'd be lucky if there's anyone new tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Swear down?
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    We'd be lucky if there's anyone new tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quote me at the end of the window :lol:

there'll be one or 2 at most players but not the ones we want

ReputationRep:
    ive not had chance to put my usual posts in and i know a few of you lads have missed me but i went to ibiza and creamfields

i havent watched any of the games but reliable sources have told me we have been absolutely **** and it doesnt look like wenger is going to do a thing about it
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Quote me at the end of the window :lol:

there'll be one or 2 at most players but not the ones we want
    I wasn't disagreeing. You were pointing out something so obvious lol :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    I wasn't disagreeing. You were pointing out something so obvious lol :lol:
    Sure it's obvious but the same people are rambling on about signings every other page as if it's changed

ReputationRep:
    what if we don't sign anyone...
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Sure it's obvious but the same people are rambling on about signings every other page as if it's changed
    Fair enough

(Original post by junaid95)
    what if we don't sign anyone...
    It's not a matter of 'if' anymore.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Lol Manolas underwent a medical with Roma this morning and his signing will be announced soon :rofl:

Another 'target' gone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I think its pretty likely we'll sign a striker now, in fact it should be #1 priority if Giroud is out long term. Doubt we'll get a big name or anything though, Remy/Welbeck/Bony level players is probably what we're after. It may mean were gonna spend less on a backup CB though and probably try to nab someone on loan or just get some Ligue1 nobody.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    I think its pretty likely we'll sign a striker now, in fact it should be #1 priority if Giroud is out long term. Doubt we'll get a big name or anything though, Remy/Welbeck/Bony level players is probably what we're after. It may mean were gonna spend less on a backup CB though and probably try to nab someone on loan or just get some Ligue1 nobody.

I'd actually be happy with Bony. Remy and Welbeck definitely not though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    yeah.. just moved into a new flat, so needed to let them know its me living there and such..

Nothing interesting, but something that I wish did not have to take 1 hour, to do (52 minutes waiting)

Anyway.. back to football, feeling really pesimistic about arsenals season today, still needing 3 signings for me, and less then a week of the window left. Not good.
    Scottish Power? Or Npower?

From working in the industry myself there are some shocking companies out there. How a wait time of over 10 minutes is deemed acceptable is a mystery to me. I'd be switching supplier straight away with service like that, and the big 6's prices are very high as well... Scottish Power's average wait times are 40 minutes from what i have heard which is crazy.

Anyway... looks like Podolski is the answer to your problems As much as I don't really rate Giroud, he's a solid striker who will score goals. A good second option, but a joke to be first choice for a side who wants to win the title.

ReputationRep:
    Only another few days left of wondering what Wenger has up his sleeve. Then we can accept our fate.

ReputationRep:
    When asked if his absence would impact on transfers, Wenger replied: "I don't know. We are 24 hours from a big game and our focus is more on that than the transfer window.

That's something I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Scottish Power? Or Npower?

From working in the industry myself there are some shocking companies out there. How a wait time of over 10 minutes is deemed acceptable is a mystery to me. I'd be switching supplier straight away with service like that, and the big 6's prices are very high as well... Scottish Power's average wait times are 40 minutes from what i have heard which is crazy.

Anyway... looks like Podolski is the answer to your problems As much as I don't really rate Giroud, he's a solid striker who will score goals. A good second option, but a joke to be first choice for a side who wants to win the title.
    scotish power...

+ not sure on switching power, im only here for another 5 months, and hopefully I never have to call them again.

ReputationRep:
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...eck-at-arsenal

No.

If we are going to spend, please, not on Welbeck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)

No.

I would not mind Welbeck, and would take him in a heart-beat over nothing..

Ofcourse he is not the big name that Id like..

But he has shown glimpses of being a good forward, and really has not had a huge number of chances at united, always being 2nd choice, shafted to the wings etc..

I would not expect him to score very highly, but he is solid defensivly (something we could use) and is pretty good at bringing others into the game etc, which is bassically what we have giroud for..

Welbeck now, Top striker in january/next summer, would sit ok with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)

No.

Welbeck is a very underrated player. I said I whiled I'm a fan of his and I was gladly take him at Arsenal. He's got the right attitude, good technique, strength, pace and he's a good finisher. His work rate in the final 3rd excellent.

Wenger can perform a Sturridge like rival with him

ReputationRep:
    Agent Afobe. :fangs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Welbeck is a very underrated player. I said I whiled I'm a fan of his and I was gladly take him at Arsenal. He's got the right attitude, good technique, strength, pace and he's a good finisher. His work rate in the final 3rd excellent.

Wenger can perform a Sturridge like rival with him
    Sturridge like revival

This bloke doesn't half come out with some *******s does he lads

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.