Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    FA Cup finalist gets the EL spot if the winner has already qualified. Which means one of Crystal Palace or Watford will get that spot.

EDIT: or have the rules changed recently?
    I asked about this on another thread and I think the rules have changed.

ReputationRep:
    Wonder if Benteke is being sold end of the season and whether anybody will take Balotelli?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I asked about this on another thread and I think the rules have changed.
    Hmm wiki says:

"From the 2015–16 UEFA Europa League season, however, UEFA will not allow the runners-up to qualify for the Europa League through the competition"

Ugh I guess we are rooting for West Ham/Man Utd to win the FA cup then (assuming we finish 7th).

Otherwise I guess Watford to win..?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Throwing away a 1 goal lead isn't the end of the world but it's losing a 2 goal lead that pisses me off the most.

Losing yesterday was indefensible. I didn't even care to watch the post match interview, I just turned it off in rage.

And United won.
    But those one goal leads - especially at home - add up. Time and time again, it was courtesy of our inability to defend set pieces.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by jam277)
    Wonder if Benteke is being sold end of the season and whether anybody will take Balotelli?
    Milan definitely won't.

He and Bacca have barely started together, and three goals in 16 is hardly great form. I think the fanbase are tiring of him, and Berlusconi has hardly been backing him in the press.

The weird thing is that he's completely curtailed all his extra-curricular headline-making antics. He seems genuinely to be knuckling down and focusing on football, but I just don't think he's the player he once was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Milan definitely won't.

He and Bacca have barely started together, and three goals in 16 is hardly great form. I think the fanbase are tiring of him, and Berlusconi has hardly been backing him in the press.

The weird thing is that he's completely curtailed all his extra-curricular headline-making antics. He seems genuinely to be knuckling down and focusing on football, but I just don't think he's the player he once was.
    Yeah, I was wondering if there is a future for him at Liverpool but I think that a striker may be bought to play alongside Sturridge/as starter.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I was wondering if there is a future for him at Liverpool but I think that a striker may be bought to play alongside Sturridge/as starter.
    Can't see it. No doubt he's pissed off higher ups, the fans will be on his back and he doesn't have the pace to press like Klopp likes.

Factor in that his contract expires next summer, I imagine we'll try to offload this summer.

ReputationRep:
    Balotelli never was the player that you think 'he once was'. Self-propagated hype and media BS and penalties covering up a shambolic scoring record. Undeniably talented with the ball at his feet but never converted it into consistent goals.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm wiki says:

"From the 2015–16 UEFA Europa League season, however, UEFA will not allow the runners-up to qualify for the Europa League through the competition"

Ugh I guess we are rooting for West Ham/Man Utd to win the FA cup then (assuming we finish 7th).

Otherwise I guess Watford to win..?
    um why? Does anyone really care about qualifying for the Europa League enough to want Man Utd to win a cup?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Real Friends)
    Balotelli never was the player that you think 'he once was'. Self-propagated hype and media BS and penalties covering up a shambolic scoring record. Undeniably talented with the ball at his feet but never converted it into consistent goals.
    Agree. In fact you'd argue that in the euros, where he was the top striker in the competition and had his most consistent run of form he just benefited from the fact Spain had Torres and a midfielder, Rooney played that competition lacking match fitness and France were pretty uninspiring the entire competition. He also only really got seen as a top player in that competition because of his performance against Germany too.

He's also not talented enough to be the system like Ibra is for PSG and he's not hardworking enough to fit those successful high pressing systems of the past few years.

ReputationRep:
    also Balotelli will either sit in the reserves on go to China. Nobody wants him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Real Friends)
    got a shout out by Drake tho

how many footballers can claim that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    um why? Does anyone really care about qualifying for the Europa League enough to want Man Utd to win a cup?
    Yes I care more about Liverpool being successful than what Man Utd do. I think it's important to qualify for the EL as a minimum.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I care more about Liverpool being successful than what Man Utd do. I think it's important to qualify for the EL as a minimum.
    Exactly.

Plus if United get top 4 and a trophy, they'll keep LVG instead of getting a decent manager.

I don't actively want United to do well, but if that fool stays with them, that's good for us next season.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    He'll end up going to China, where he'll be indulged.

He was booed onto the pitch by Milan fans this weekend. Crikey.

ReputationRep:
    There is no chance van Gaal will continue as United manager beyond this summer even if we manage a 4th place finish. The atmosphere around the club and stadium for the 16/17 season would be highly toxic and I'm pretty sure Woodward and the board will be aware of this. The reason why most United fans especially the match going fans havent gone ape**** is because its almost like an envitable conclusion that van Gaal will be told to **** off this summer or he'll simply step down. The hardcore away fans have already turned on van Gaal. Add in the fact that United have been **** this season and the way van Gaal continues to mismanage the players and his **** football style implemented at United, it'll definitely put off any top footballers from joining. I'm pretty sure Woodward is aware of this and probably just waiting til the summer to make change since top 4 and an FA cup is still possible to achieve this summer. We all saw and are seeing what effect the Pep announcement has had on City, so I'm guessing Woodward is just allowing van Gaal to see the season out. Also, Mourinho has said he doesn't want to take over mid season and wants to start a new job in the summer so maybe Woodward is holding off til then as well.

Obviously knowing Woodward and our board, we'll probably appoint Giggs ffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    If the board wanted to appoint Giggs they'd have done it in December. He isn't getting anywhere near the job

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    If the board wanted to appoint Giggs they'd have done it in December. He isn't getting anywhere near the job

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Seems that Giggs will leave in the summer then? Or can you see him sticking around while being overlooked again?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Seems that Giggs will leave in the summer then? Or can you see him sticking around while being overlooked again?
    Mourinho won't keep him

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Mourinho won't keep him

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You reckon he's best to go develop his managerial career and experience elsewhere then? Should he try and be a number 2 to an experienced coach or go straight into the deep end?

What happened to Solskjaer after Cardiff?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.