Turn on thread page Beta

The European/World Football Thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    When drunk 5 hours seems like 5 minutes. But it was actually okay and not a difficult place to get to. It was worth it anyway.

You'll have that two point lead for some time now i think. Two points clear and top until May? Possibly.
    Until May.. no way.. I can see us drawing a match somewhere along the line and you lot will be right with us again..

BUT, if we beat you at the Luz (in two weeks time? or three? I dont know), then I think we will go on to win it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinouche13)
    What are you talking about?

marseille didn't cheat, it was more some kind of arrangement.
    what am i talking about?!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_UE...s_League_Final

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simoncino)
    what am i talking about?!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_UE...s_League_Final
    It has nothing to see with the european competition. We just made an arrangement with Valenciennes in the french league 6 days befire the cl finale. They removed us the french title but they are now talking about giving it back to us. Van basten missed, barthez owned!

ReputationRep:
    It has nothing to see with the european competition. We just made an arrangement with Valenciennes in the french league 6 days befire the cl finale. They removed us the french title but they are now talking about giving it back to us. Van basten missed, barthez owned!
    IT HAD EVERYTHING TO DO WITH EUROPE. That way you could rest all your best players ahead of the final. Moron

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simoncino)
    IT HAD EVERYTHING TO DO WITH EUROPE. That way you could rest all your best players ahead of the final. Moron
    Professionels players can play twice a week without much difficulty.. Anyway we dominated europa and we should have won against belgrade in 1992 but the referee didnt want us to. That was just justice. You guys have won the cl many times, let us be happy.

ReputationRep:
    Professionels players can play twice a week without much difficulty.. Anyway we dominated europa and we should have won against belgrade in 1992 but the referee didnt want us to. That was just justice. You guys have won the cl many times, let us be happy.
    So? Just because they've won it many times doesn't mean they want to give it away one time. Marseille cheated, it's that simple tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Rivaldo is making a sensational move to the...Angolan league. :headhurts: He's almost 40 years old.

http://www.portalangop.co.ao/motix/e...1b81f16ab.html

that man has no intention of retiring ffs :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    that man has no intention of retiring ffs :laugh:
    He's worse than zanetti.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatamIdoing)
    Yeah, I know how you feel. Tbh, I think Serie A is currently the most competitive league. I think Forlan is gonna be fit for the derby. It'll be close though.
    2-1, depends who's playing at home...oh wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    An interesting article on Cristiano Ronaldo's love affair at Madrid and if it could be on the wane?

I'm not too sure how he is perceived in Madrid, or his relationship with his fellow players etc but I do sense that it's probably abit more less close than he had at United.

I don't think he will be at Madrid forever as much as he may like to, think he'll end up getting abit restless down the line and if he left, either he could return to the PL with United if we wanted him or go to AC Milan. Berlusconi, with his love of the babes, would be out partying with Cristiano all the time.
    United will have to pay a **** load of money. Very unlikely.

Miljan Miljanić, who coached Red Star Belgrade (10 trophies), Real Madrid (2 La Ligas and a Copa del Rey), Valencia and the Yugoslavian national team, has passed away at the age of 81

:rip:

There's a nice little obituary of him here.

ReputationRep:
    One of the greatest and gravely overlooked managers of all-time.

ReputationRep:
    Madrid 1-0 down at HT to Mallorca.

They have a bench of Higuian, Kaka, Sahin, Coentrao, Granero, Adan, Varane though...

ReputationRep:
    Madrid 2-1..........

ReputationRep:
    What a great goal by Callejon! Usually shots like that go flying over.

ReputationRep:
    Mallorca have lost 17 points from winning positions this season. Ouch.

ReputationRep:
    What a comeback from Madrid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aa22)
    Until May.. no way.. I can see us drawing a match somewhere along the line and you lot will be right with us again..

BUT, if we beat you at the Luz (in two weeks time? or three? I dont know), then I think we will go on to win it...
    March some time if i remember correctly.

A nice 4-1 win for you and a nice goal by Nolito! I'm still struggling to dislike that guy! No idea what i like about him.

We've started off okay, quite fast pace to it but a goal would be wonderful!

The game was fast until i posted this, then it died down a little and in the 2nd half was rather rubbish. Two goals by James, a knock for Hulk and Rolando being his usual dickish self... Ah, Porto!

And i edit this again to add that i've just read that's our 54th League game unbeaten, a new club record. To be honest with you i completely lost count of this!

ReputationRep:
    Was just watching the Roma-Cagliari game and it got rained out after 63 minutes... :facepalm2:

Also, in that same game, there was a 5-minute delay at the start because both goalkeepers were wearing the same color kit. Only in Italy...

Poll
Do you like exams?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.