Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Arsenal Society VIII Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Perdo wouldn't be average, he is a good player. But I just think Nasri has more to his game. Plus Pedro is aforward, Nasri is a midfielder, they may take up same position on the pitch but they play very different roles.

ReputationRep:
    Admittedly, I don't watch much La liga but i have seen a lot of Pedro and the guy is world glass. But to say he is definitively better than Nasr..hmmm I'm not sure. Dont forget who Pedro is playing with in that Barca team -you know the Xavi, Iniesta, Villa, Messi of this world. Oponents probably stupidly see him as the least attacking team of the lot so, he probably isn't given any special attention by them in their tactical preparation and hence surprises them and gets all the goals he does. Imo, but Nasri in same team with this lot and he'll probably be as effective if not more than Pedro.

Anyways, I never really get the logic of "which X player from which A team will get into which B team". There's a lot of SIGNIFICANT information that people won't take into account when making judgements. Footballe isn't really that simple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    Fabregas is nowhere near Barca's CMs
    lol. So Guardiola bid 40m for a player to sit on the bench?

Argue that Iniesta and Xavi are marginally better than Cesc all you want (they aren't) but to claim he's nowhere near them is 100% *******s

Sagna is better than Alves and Nasri is better than Pedro, Cesc is a match for Xavi and above Iniesta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    If we score first, they'll need 3 goals.

Any other team would be optimistic with that piece of info :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It's a stupid argument anyway, what Inter players would have got in the Barca team last year? Maicon, Lucio? Our defence is stronger than whatever Barca put out tonight

I'm not sure what to think tonight. I know that I'll either be ecstatic or heavily depressed in the morning, and I tend not to be very optimistic in such extreme situations.

RVP probably won't start - I don't think he should, at any rate. Then again, he's never been that efficient when he's come on as a sub, has he?

ReputationRep:
      Who gives a **** if X, Y & Z can't get into the Barca team. Example, none of the German players would have got into the England squad in the WC according to many and then they pumped them. Out come is unlikely to be similar, but it's a stupidly ****ing irrelevant argument is my point. Teams are more than just one player.

ReputationRep:
      I'm feeling more optimistic than I have been for the past few days. Maybe it's just the weather. Anyway, is Bendtner or Chamakh more likely to start? I thought Bender though the papers suggest otherwise.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Economist)
      Sagna is better than Alves
      I don't agree with this.

Also no-one can judge whether a La Liga player will be better or worse playing in EPL and vice-versa.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by In2deep)
      If we score first, they'll need 3 goals.

Any other team would be optimistic with that piece of info :rolleyes:
      They did it last year.
      But I would rather you knocked the cocky *******s out. Then hopefully everyone can stop bumming them.

ReputationRep:
      Some of the stuff being posted is a bit surreal, tbh. Players/teams will be compared, if they don't play in the same position at least you can compare how good they are at doing the job in the team. Fabregas wouldn't have made it into the Barca first XI, they'd have probably bought him as more of a replacement for Xavi, imo. Sagna is more solid defensively, Alves is much better going forward. I'd say there's little to pick between the two but Sagna wouldn't suit Barca. I'd take Pedro over Nasri as Samir seems to have died down lately, Pedro is clinical and is slightly more proven.

ReputationRep:
      Nice weather today in Barcelona. The players shouldn't have a 1 day holiday thinking they won't get that weather here. :p:
      Attached Images

ReputationRep:
      Fabregas would be a starter for any team on the planet -- there's no debate to be had.

As for tonight, aw man we're gonna get boned. Really hard. True story.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Overmars)
      Fabregas would be a starter for any team on the planet -- there's no debate to be had.
      Spain.....

ReputationRep:
      Heh

ReputationRep:
      Have faith everyone. HOPEFULLY, just hopefully, Wenger will sort his strategies out. I hope we start with Wilshere, Fabregas, and RvP. It will be a godly miracle if they do :awesome:

Prediction, if the REAL Arsenal turns up:

Barca 1-1 Arsenal. Messi to score in the first half. RvP to score in the 70th odd minute.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Deshi)
      Spain.....
      Club team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Deshi)
      Spain.....
      He should start for Spain though, IMO. They always play much better with only one striker and Fabregas, as opposed to two strikers.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Stu Laverty)
      He should start for Spain though, IMO. They always play much better with only one striker and Fabregas, as opposed to two strikers.
      But even if he doesn't at this stage, it means nothing. National teams don't play 38 league games a season. They're all about getting results instantly and having just won European Championships with a similar squad and exploiting the Barca connection in midfield, they obviously don't have time to wait for a player in the English league to link up in the final third (Fabregas is a completely different player to Xabi Alonso).

ReputationRep:
      Here's an interesting stat for you:

153 - Xavi completed 153 passes against Zaragoza, just three short of his record of 156 set against Levante in January.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.