Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeFailFish)
    It's interesting, certainly, but really hard! Or is that just me?

I don't think I've heard of it, but a literal translation? Could be odd to read - and quite funny.

If I ever had bucket loads of time and learnt to not procrastinate so much, then yes. Whether that'll ever be the case though...
    Most find it hard tbh!

Not funny his mum dies on the first page.

When you find the time, message me!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh fair enough I don't think they're bad grades, by any means! I think they're good grades - I just worry about things a lot, and I push myself quite hard so as they're not perfect I'm not as pleased with them as I probably should be perfectionism is horrible sometimes... but thanks so much for the support! :hugs:
    Haha, no, I know exactly what you mean! I do that too, like I got a few borderline A*s this year and there was still a niggling feeling of disappointment that I could have scored higher... the rational part of me knows that it's silly to get hung up on things like the exact UMS I got, but my inner perfectionist-grammar-school-student disagrees Which is why, if I see someone else doing it, I try to stop them before it ends up in a downward spiral!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    what are we doing tomorrow with our day off ?
    You've also got a day off :five::five: I'm probably going to sleep for half of the day then work....I've got so much to do wbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Most find it hard tbh!

Not funny his mum dies on the first page.

When you find the time, message me!
    Glad I'm not the only one!

Oh dear :eek: poor main character. He has my sympathy.

I shall do! Now, to arrange time in my hectic life...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiecat)
    Haha, no, I know exactly what you mean! I do that too, like I got a few borderline A*s this year and there was still a niggling feeling of disappointment that I could have scored higher... the rational part of me knows that it's silly to get hung up on things like the exact UMS I got, but my inner perfectionist-grammar-school-student disagrees Which is why, if I see someone else doing it, I try to stop them before it ends up in a downward spiral!
    Oh yeah, the borderline ones are the worst! When you're only one mark off something :mad: you always kick yourself so much after. I suppose it can end up in a downward spiral... all the pressure you put on yourself and stuff. It's hard to get out of the habit though.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, the borderline ones are the worst! When you're only one mark off something :mad: you always kick yourself so much after. I suppose it can end up in a downward spiral... all the pressure you put on yourself and stuff. It's hard to get out of the habit though.
    No, I mean I was borderline into an A* (in the sense that I was 1 or 2 UMS away from an A)! But yeah, I know exactly what you mean! Plus, as I said, I got to a grammar school where - no joke - an A* is considered quite good (though if it was a low UMS you might want to think about a retake or a remark), an A is considered decent (but a retake is by no means out of the equation), a B isn't great (and a retake/remark is likely), and anything below is total failure. It's slightly ridiculous!

ReputationRep:
    I don't have one...

Probably not the people who actually post
    You go to a private school so it doesn't have to close does it ??

(Original post by Cluck)
    I could have 90% of one but won't know until we turn up to empty lessons So working in college, I suppose, not that there will be any space for all 2000 of us to work if classrooms are shut.
    Ahhh ours was gonna do that but there is only one teacher not in a union apparently :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EduWiz)
    You've also got a day off :five::five: I'm probably going to sleep for half of the day then work....I've got so much to do wbu?
    I don't have much actually and definitely having a long sleep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolface32)
    Why is there a day of tomorrow? My school does not have it :mad:
    Weren't some schools going to close due to strikes tomorrow? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Weren't some schools going to close due to strikes tomorrow? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nnnnnoooooo!! I want a day off school too I hope they turn students away tomorrow or something, I could do with the extra time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was planning on doing some work but so far I've just been finishing off Season 5 of Breaking Bad

Much more fun!

ReputationRep:
    I said I was going to go in to college today to do work...

I woke up at 10 so I stayed at home.

Should probably crack on with my Core Maths h/w... -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucas.)
    I said I was going to go in to college today to do work...

I woke up at 10 so I stayed at home.

Should probably crack on with my Core Maths h/w... -.-
    What board are you and what part you doing?

ReputationRep:
    I have the day off today cos we only have 30 teachers that aren't striking for a full school plus a sixth form

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    What board are you and what part you doing?
    MEI master race reporting in.

Finding the distance between two points? It's something like that. I wasn't in the lesson because I was ill, but I've just had a cheeky look on ExamSolutions and it's not that hard at all.

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    I love all the grammar...

I'm starting a French book called "The Foreigner" as a literal translation, hope it's good!

Would you want to learn learn a language?
    Camus! We do this at A2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)

Camus! We do this at A2.
    Whaaaaat?

The English equivalent is "The Outsider" if you guys were wondering. It's "L'étranger"

ReputationRep:
    Hiiiii Guyssss! New here... :P but, yeah just started sixth form... and I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Psychology...
    So yeah, hiii everyone i guess!

ReputationRep:
    So much work

ReputationRep:
    One of my few, precious frees just got filled up with EPQ starting in January

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.