Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crastle)
    Yeah thats true im rather the same in terms of underestimating. They interview 74% so we do have a good chance.

What are you history applicants stats if you dont mind sharing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm applying for history and politics, and they only interview about half, which kind of sucks.

Got 9 A* and one A at IGCSE, 4 As at AS and predicted 3 A*s. But I don't think that counts for a huge amount if I actually get to interview.

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but its all relative, i dont think ive seen anyone who eased through the last question so i wouldnt worry haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hadn't thought of it that way haha so cheers!

My stats aren't the best but not bad:
    GCSEs 3A*s 7A 1B
    AS 3As 1B
    A2 Predicted 2A* 1A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MouseyBrown)
    I'm applying for history and politics, and they only interview about half, which kind of sucks.

Got 9 A* and one A at IGCSE, 4 As at AS and predicted 3 A*s. But I don't think that counts for a huge amount if I actually get to interview.

What about you?
    amazing! Im exactly the same except much lower GCSEs. Surely they cant turn away someone with those grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got 8A*s and 3As at gcse and AAAC at as level (the French exam killed me and brought down my grade haha) so im not the strongest candidate but thought I'd give it a shot 😊

ReputationRep:
    amazing! Im exactly the same except much lower GCSEs. Surely they cant turn away someone with those grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ha well they can if I bombed the HAT, or if I sit there bimbling in front of them for half an hour at interview! Honestly, I kind of feel like grades are irrelevant right now, as long as predictions meet the min requirements.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here an Earth Science/Geology applicant?

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Brasenose too!
    (Original post by somnacin)
    Brasenose! How bout you?

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs 10A*s 1A and 2 distinctions
    AS 3As 1B
    Predicted 1A* 2As but already have an A in an Art A level so would come out with 4 A levels overall
    Yeah thats true im rather the same in terms of underestimating. They interview 74% so we do have a good chance.

What are you history applicants stats if you dont mind sharing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey, more history people! I thought the HAT was reasonable, but I kind of flew off the deep end on the third question. So I hope that the risk I took paid off (it usually doesn't in these scenarios, but I'm still hoping...). Anyway, I'm an American, so my stats don't align with British ones, but for the sake of future American applicants who might be perusing this thread: I submitted five 5s on APs (English Lit and Lang, US and Euro History, French), plus a 34 ACT.

ReputationRep:
    has anyone from the US received a request for interview for PPE yet??

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applying to Trinity to study Law?

Seems like one of the latest colleges to send interview invites :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by longsightdon)
    Lool got a chemistry interview at Christ church

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Top stuff. How're you preparing for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy2016)
    Hey, more history people! I thought the HAT was reasonable, but I kind of flew off the deep end on the third question. So I hope that the risk I took paid off (it usually doesn't in these scenarios, but I'm still hoping...). Anyway, I'm an American, so my stats don't align with British ones, but for the sake of future American applicants who might be perusing this thread: I submitted five 5s on APs (English Lit and Lang, US and Euro History, French), plus a 34 ACT.
    Im interested to hear more about your flying off into the deep end! Please share

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also which college have all the history applicants applied too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zephex)
    Got allocated to Somerville instead of Keble for law! So happy
    Congratulations! Sorry to ask, but does that mean that you got an actual interview at Somerville or did they just inform you that you are now being considered by them? I am a fellow law applicant at Somerville

ReputationRep:
    Im interested to hear more about your flying off into the deep end! Please share

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha, I just made a connection between his observation of the dog-ones and his worldview that might have been a little too ambitious. Plus I used a little background information, which you're not supposed to do. So we'll see. And to answer your other question, I'm applying to Christ Church!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy2016)
    Haha, I just made a connection between his observation of the dog-ones and his worldview that might have been a little too ambitious. Plus I used a little background information, which you're not supposed to do. So we'll see. And to answer your other question, I'm applying to Christ Church!
    What made you choose christ church? Youre the first ive seen applying there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Brasenose 😊
    Also which college have all the history applicants applied too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any interview offers yet for Mat Sci/Trinity?

Overseas applicant (Italy)

ReputationRep:
    What made you choose christ church? Youre the first ive seen applying there

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A few factors. Visually, of course, it's stunning. I also like that it's one of the largest colleges. And the other facilities (especially the cathedral, whose choir I love - I'm sort of a closet Palestrina fan, and the picture gallery) also add to its appeal.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.