Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    You failed to mention that the militants have already been arrested by Hamas http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...571864,00.html
    How does that negate the fact that the terrorist entity fired a rocket and broke the ceasefire?

Just because one lot of bearded terrorists decided to make a P.R. show of it and 'arrest' another group of bearded terrorists who will go through the infamous 'palestinian' revolving door of 'justice', does not alter the fact that Israel was still hit by a rocket and will no doubt be hit by more.

The usual 'palestinian' tactic of starting rocket fire with a trickle. Just the sporadic rocket to keep the fear up in Israeli communities, but not enough to illicit a military response.

All rockets should be met with a military response and quite frankly I'm disappointed Israel did not strike back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chindits)
    How does that negate the fact that the terrorist entity fired a rocket and broke the ceasefire?

Just because one lot of bearded terrorists decided to make a P.R. show of it and 'arrest' another group of bearded terrorists who will go through the infamous 'palestinian' revolving door of 'justice', does not alter the fact that Israel was still hit by a rocket and will no doubt be hit by more.

The usual 'palestinian' tactic of starting rocket fire with a trickle. Just the sporadic rocket to keep the fear up in Israeli communities, but not enough to illicit a military response.

All rockets should be met with a military response and quite frankly I'm disappointed Israel did not strike back.
    The rockets will keep coming forever more until Palestine is free or all Palestinians are dead.

ReputationRep:
    You can't be breaking the ceasefire if you're not a party to it.

ReputationRep:
    The rockets will keep coming forever more until Palestine is free or all Palestinians are dead.
    The people of Gaza will never truly be free if their undemocratic terrorist supporting leaders are in charge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    You can't be breaking the ceasefire if you're not a party to it.
    Hamas, we are told by their flag wavers and cheerleaders in Europe, are the "elected government" of the 'palestinians'.

They control Gaza and are responsible for any rocket fire.

Just as Israel would be responsible if a citizen took it upon themselves to fire rockets into Gaza.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cizzlar)
    The people of Gaza will never truly be free if their undemocratic terrorist supporting leaders are in charge.
    Which they will be for as long as Israel continues to act as an aggressor in Palestine.

ReputationRep:
    Which they will be for as long as Israel continues to act as an aggressor in Palestine.
    You really are deluded, if you weren't so biased towards one side and looked at the situation impartially, both sides could do more but Israel does not want to be the aggressor it knows the international community would come down hard on them if they were. If Gaza had free and fair elections tomorrow and a forward thinking peaceful party became in charge the situation would move alot quicker towards peace.

ReputationRep:
    Hamas, we are told by their flag wavers and cheerleaders in Europe, are the "elected government" of the 'palestinians'.

They control Gaza and are responsible for any rocket fire.

Just as Israel would be responsible if a citizen took it upon themselves to fire rockets into Gaza.
    They are responsible for trying to stop such actions, and for administering justice should they fail in stopping them. Which is precisely what they've done.

If an ordinary Israeli decided to fire bombs into Gaza, with Israeli officials having made an effort to apprehend them beforehand, and arresting them immediately after, no, that would not be a breaking of the ceasefire.

Unless you're taking a ridiculously broad definition and just looking for reason to say it's been broken, which indicates that you're not so much worried about the ceasefire being broken as looking for an excuse to collapse it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cizzlar)
    You really are deluded, if you weren't so biased towards one side and looked at the situation impartially, both sides could do more but Israel does not want to be the aggressor it knows the international community would come down hard on them if they were. If Gaza had free and fair elections tomorrow and a forward thinking peaceful party became in charge the situation would move alot quicker towards peace.
    I have looked at it impartially, that's how I arrived at my position. There is only one member of the international community that Israel needs, and it has its full and almost unconditional backing. Israel is an aggressor, it occupies Palestine, it blockades Gaza, it settles Palestinian land in the West Bank and it has divided the West Bank up into smaller, barely connected regions that have all but ended freedom of movement in the West Bank. No spin, no bias, those are facts that no one can deny.

If Gaza had free and fair elections tomorrow, Hamas would almost certainly win as Israel's latest offensive has bought them huge amounts of support.

ReputationRep:

Unless you're taking a ridiculously broad definition and just looking for reason to say it's been broken, which indicates that you're not so much worried about the ceasefire being broken as looking for an excuse to collapse it.
    Naive.

In which wars have ceasefires been broken by one party who then go on to claim it doesn't count because it wasn't an *official* breakage of the ceasefire but just a group acting on their own?

Using your logic, they could fire on Israel every week and claim Hamas will "deal with the perps".

Israel has let them off with this one, we'll see how many more times the 'palestinians' goad Israel in the coming weeks/months.

ReputationRep:
    Naive.

In which wars have ceasefires been broken by one party who then go on to claim it doesn't count because it wasn't an *official* breakage of the ceasefire but just a group acting on their own?

Using your logic, they could fire on Israel every week and claim Hamas will "deal with the perps".

Israel has let them off with this one, we'll see how many more times the 'palestinians' goad Israel in the coming weeks/months.
    At least Palestine waited weeks before goading Israel rather than days http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...vaot-condemned

ReputationRep:
    I have looked at it impartially, that's how I arrived at my position. There is only one member of the international community that Israel needs, and it has its full and almost unconditional backing. Israel is an aggressor, it occupies Palestine, it blockades Gaza, it settles Palestinian land in the West Bank and it has divided the West Bank up into smaller, barely connected regions that have all but ended freedom of movement in the West Bank. No spin, no bias, those are facts that no one can deny.

If Gaza had free and fair elections tomorrow, Hamas would almost certainly win as Israel's latest offensive has bought them huge amounts of support.
    • Just to clarify it was an offensive by Israel to deal with attacks by Hamas militants firing rockets and building so called 'terror tunnels' as the media called it.
    • If I had a neighbour that supported terrorists, I would do my best to blockade them too so as to stop them gaining more tools to carry out terrorist attacks.

ReputationRep:
    Naive.

Yes, if it could be shown that they were deliberately allowing other groups to fire rockets, then that would constitute a violation. But in this case that's at least uncertain and at most simply not the case, as they have arrested the perpetrators.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, if it could be shown that they were deliberately allowing other groups to fire rockets, then that would constitute a violation. But in this case that's at least uncertain and at most simply not the case, as they have arrested the perpetrators.
    No doubt the perpetrators won't be punished though.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    can someone help me with my a2 coursework on the 1948 war please ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bunny2014)
    can someone help me with my a2 coursework on the 1948 war please ??
    Sure,

Israel won.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mali167)
    and he's a junkie who can't stop himself behaving like a child

I don't think anything that the Fox news presenter said was sensible or helpful, but Brand was just as bad, putting on stupid American accents and taking personal digs at the presenter.

I can't really be bothered to debate the truth of the idea that Palestine started the conflict (Brand himself said that it is childish to use that as justification for Israeli missile fire), but I think it is incredibly dangerous the way those on the pro-Palestine left present Israel as the big guy, the side with the upper hand. Israel is a tiny country, which is forced to spend far too much of its GDP on defence, has very little natural resources and is surrounded by nations, which would literally carry out a second Holocaust if they had the opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubadeeboop)
    Sure,

Israel won.

Thanks!! that was so helpful!

ReputationRep:
    http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/...estinian-homes

Focusing on tear gas, skunk water and “The Scream” (a high volume acoustic device strapped atop Israeli military vehicles), the report documents their regular use to violently crush unarmed Palestinian demonstrators throughout the occupied West Bank, including East Jerusalem.

It begins by reiterating two immensely important facts reported time and again by The Electronic Intifada: firstly, that Israel’s “non-lethal” weapons, in fact, often kill Palestinians, and secondly, that the manufacturing of weapons used against Palestinians is an extremely lucrative business.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.