Miscellaneous Thread Part II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Pimped Butterfly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TornadoGR4)
I said 'personally'. As in, for me, with Leeds being the place I was born & raised, Leeds being my home, I could not ever support a team like I support Leeds.

Must be pretty **** if you don't feel any sense of local pride to be honest. I support my home city, not just a generic football team
You said personally you couldn't imagine supporting a team you didn't have significant connection to. What makes geography the only form of significant connection?

And if it's only personal to you, then why do you make who everyone else supports into your business and fling lower league and the whole 'support your local' agenda all over football forum?
The Shed End
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Shouldn't have told him that Lucio, he'll got on his pathetic little high horse and label you a cancer of a fan

Never thought I'd rep Pimped
sr90
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Handbags away ladies
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The BBC chose to screen the women's World Cup instead of the Copa America.

Just think about that one for a second.
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
Lol

London is an absolute cesspit...
Go to London. I guarantee you'll be either mugged or not appreciated.

Catch the train to London stopping at Rejection, Disappointment, Backstabbing Central and Shattered Dreams Parkway.
TornadoGR4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
You said personally you couldn't imagine supporting a team you didn't have significant connection to. What makes geography the only form of significant connection?

And if it's only personal to you, then why do you make who everyone else supports into your business and fling lower league and the whole 'support your local' agenda all over football forum?
It's not purely geographical. If you think your place of birth has no significant connection to your identity then it really does suck to be you. Probably something other places lack. But I know that Yorkshire, the north & Scotland are very proud of their heritage & there's no shame in that.

And wrt to Joker being a Londoner but supporting Liverpool, it was only a joke. If I meant it seriously I wouldn't have put the emoticon. Though I should've expected that the armchairs would get riled up about it.

Lol at Bell End still being salty about when I called him cancer. Clearly struck a nerve with that one :lol:
AR_95
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little;56962089[b)
]Go to London. I guarantee you'll be either mugged or not appreciated. [/b]

Catch the train to London stopping at Rejection, Disappointment, Backstabbing Central and Shattered Dreams Parkway.
How un street wise are you
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AR_95)
How un street wise are you
How unaware are you?
AR_95
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
How unaware are you?
If it was a joke then fair enough but this idea that London is a ****hole where you're garuanteed to be stabbed/mugged is taken way out of proportion, and I don't think the chances of that happening here are anymore significant compared to other big cities in the country?
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AR_95)
If it was a joke then fair enough but this idea that London is a ****hole where you're garuanteed to be stabbed/mugged is taken way out of proportion, and I don't think the chances of that happening here are anymore significant compared to other big cities in the country?
The.Joker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AR_95)
This was a year ago, and it was my first FIFA game so yeah I was quite **** back then. Not anymore though
I'm looking forward to beating you when I get a ps4 and fifa 16.
Btw have you got bloodborne?
AR_95
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

AR_95
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by The.Joker)
I'm looking forward to beating you when I get a ps4 and fifa 16.
Btw have you got bloodborne?
I do, but I haven't played it that much because of exams, it's a very good game though. Problem is that after my exams I still have the Witcher to play (which is an amazing game) and quite a handful of people I know are playing GTAV again, so it'll probably still be a while until I finish Bloodborn.
The.Joker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AR_95)
I do, but I haven't played it that much because of exams, it's a very good game though. Problem is that after my exams I still have the Witcher to play (which is an amazing game) and quite a handful of people I know are playing GTAV again, so it'll probably still be a while until I finish Bloodborn.
Yeah the witcher 3 looks really good too. At least you have the whole summer to play the games and take your time to enjoy them. Have you played the uncharted games? If not I suggest you buy the upcoming nathan drake collection, absolutely fun games to play. I've barely touched GTA on my ps3, only completed 4% of it...
AR_95
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by The.Joker)
Yeah the witcher 3 looks really good too. At least you have the whole summer to play the games and take your time to enjoy them. Have you played the uncharted games? If not I suggest you buy the upcoming nathan drake collection, absolutely fun games to play. I've barely touched GTA on my ps3, only completed 4% of it...
I've finished Uncharted 2, probably my favourite game on the PS3 (above TLOU). Got quite far in Uncharted 3 as well. Only reason I'm still playing GTA is because of it's online mode, which is so much fun especially in groups
Pimped Butterfly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TornadoGR4)
It's not purely geographical. If you think your place of birth has no significant connection to your identity then it really does suck to be you. Probably something other places lack. But I know that Yorkshire, the north & Scotland are very proud of their heritage & there's no shame in that.

And wrt to Joker being a Londoner but supporting Liverpool, it was only a joke. If I meant it seriously I wouldn't have put the emoticon. Though I should've expected that the armchairs would get riled up about it.

Lol at Bell End still being salty about when I called him cancer. Clearly struck a nerve with that one :lol:
Well it is geographical isn't it - your place of birth is a geographical characteristic. Sure, be proud of your place of birth and heritage; I'm probably prouder of mine than you are of yours. It doesn't mean it has to dictate your football club, which is what you're implying.

So I ask you again, why is your place of birth, a geographical identity, the only possible significant connection that can determine one's football club?

Not riled, just wondering why there's this local club dildo up your arse at all times
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
TLOU was incredible.
New Batman game looks sick as well.
difeo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Man like Tornado getting rekt
AR_95
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Where do you guys go for paintballing (I.e major brand like delta force) or where do you guys find offers?

Group of 4 of us are wanting to go, but I hear the real offers/discounts happen when you go in large groups of like 8+?
sr90
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Go to London. I guarantee you'll be either mugged or not appreciated.

I get that reference :lol: PRSOM
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (98)
25.52%
No (286)
74.48%

Watched Threads