Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    A bit shocked about C3 didn't think it would go thaat low, was hoping M2 would be a little lower but ah well, the rest indifferent really, same old .
    Low grade boundaries are always a plus!
    Maybe people did better in M2 than what they thought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Divergent)
    Thanks! I'm very nervous! :3
    Waiting on Religious Studies/Philosophy, Chemistry and Biology. Probably the weirdest subject combination ever really :P !
    I did that combo so you're not weird alone!

ReputationRep:
    Hurry up grade boundaries!

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody tell me if the grade boundaries posted on here for Edexcel Maths are official?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Damn I'm hating the D1 boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJMayes)
    Spoiler:
    Show

C4, FP2, FP3, M5 - I think 75/75 so full UMS

S4 - I think 73-75 / 75, so hopefully 97 or upwards based on the boundaries.

S3 - I think I counted 70/75, and 68/75 will be the A* boundary, so I think 93ish UMS, which I'm happy with.

M4 - I counted 69/75, maybe 68. From the boundaries (59 for an A, 52 for a B) this means 66 is an A* (with 73 as full UMS), so I am looking at 93ish UMS again, which I'd be happy with. Assuming this M4 is correctly predicted and the first 4 are all 100, I'll beat the schools current UMS record...

:teeth: So what will that make you M+FM total?

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm on 790/800 so far, with 5 modules to come. I suspect they aren't all 100s although there was only 1 question where I realised I had definitely messed up.

Unfortunately the school record at my school is 1299/1300 and (even more annoyingly) was set by my brother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Good luck
    Thank you good luck to you as well

ReputationRep:
    It's all starting to feel too close now :argh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    I hope you reach your offer, fingers crossed for Thursday. That is a really minimal difference I really hope that even if you didn't get a high A in FP2 that Warwick would strongly consider confirming you.

I really underestimated myself, I am very ecstatic about these boundaries.

Spoiler:
    Show

Original predictions pre grade boundaries.
    M1-90
    S1-82
    S2-97
    FP1-96
    C2-100

New predictions after grade boundaries
    M1-93
    S1-84
    S2-96
    FP1-97 or 98
    C2-100

so I've definitely gained some ums in return of 1 ums lost for S2 (I think)

Well done, they're really good results! And you've probably done better than me in S2 and we'll be joint in C2 .

Are you still planing on applying to Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    Damn, 2 more sleeps, not that I'll be able to sleep tomorrow night anyway :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ok can someone list what time aqa,edexcel, ocr and wjec boundaries are coming out..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura75)
    It's all starting to feel too close now :argh:
    True that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Etoile)
    About 8 am according to the UCAS website, could be up to an hour before though. Tell your family it's 12
    Ahhh it's Miss J!
    Didn't realise it was you until I replied - ah, I heard from my head of Sixth form that it was 12 in the morning o.O I guess Results are out before UCAS then, which is even more unexpectedly tense :eek:

ReputationRep:
    M1 is 56 for an A holy crap now I now I've definitely got that. And 58 for FP1 that's the lowest I've seen. I feel so relieved now. The only thing I'm worried about is D1 a high 65 for 80.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Good luck

are these confirmed? Please say yes

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone, just one more painful night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imthe12)
    ok can someone list what time aqa,edexcel, ocr and wjec boundaries are coming out..
    Ok, In theory, AQA and OCR come out at midnight tonight, but OCR often come a little earlier at about 10 or 11. Edexcel are either coming out at midnight tonight or midnight tomorrow. Sorry for those wih WJEC, youll be waiting until you get your results at 6am on Thursday morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superunknown17)
    Damn, 2 more sleeps, not that I'll be able to sleep tomorrow night anyway :rolleyes:
    I like your wolf avatar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pepeeglesfield)
    are these confirmed? Please say yes
    I can't lie and say yes.

BUT they come from.a teacher so, I say yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llewellyn)
    :teeth: So what will that make you M+FM total?

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm on 790/800 so far, with 5 modules to come. I suspect they aren't all 100s although there was only 1 question where I realised I had definitely messed up.

Unfortunately the school record at my school is 1299/1300 and (even more annoyingly) was set by my brother.
    The school record is 1182/1200 across Maths/Further Maths. If I get 100% in C4, FP2, FP3 and M5, and at least 92 in M4, then I can place all C, FP, and M modules into Maths/Further Maths in order to get at least 1183/1200 across my top 12. No-one else has done more than 12 so I automatically win on that front; I'm hoping to get no less than 1750/1800. At the minute I've lost 28 UMS across 11 exams, I'm expecting to lose about 15 across M4 and S3 and then no more than 3 on S4 if any, which would meet that goal. If you want the specific scores so far then they're in a spoiler.

Spoiler:
    Show

C1 - 99
    C2 - 100
    C3 - 100
    M1 - 100
    M2 - 92
    M3 - 100
    FP1 - 100
    S1 - 95
    S2 - 96
    D1 - 96
    D2 - 94

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.