Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by De Chirico)
    Chim Chim scores again
    He's certainly having a good pre-season! :p: Apparently that makes it six goals in 68 minutes so far.

(Original post by Mr Advice)
    This looks like what'll be our team come Villa on August 17th, but perhaps Szczesny and Podolski for Fabianksi and Miyachi and Wilshere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm hoping Koscielny will be back before then, but it could be pretty similar, yeah. :yep:

Aaand Giroud earns a penalty, Miyaichi is given the chance to take it and he puts it away. Crowd-pleaser. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused. What happened to Ramsey? Seems to have found his feet again.

(Original post by Yawn-er)
    I'm confused. What happened to Ramsey? Seems to have found his feet again.
    Towards the tail end of last season, he got the chance to play because of injuries and stuff, and was tasked with a sort of enforcer role rather than his usual box-to-box - and he did very well in it. :yep: Still hasn't convinced a lot of people, but he's certainly less derided than he was at one point last season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Towards the tail end of last season, he got the chance to play because of injuries and stuff, and was tasked with a sort of enforcer role rather than his usual box-to-box - and he did very well in it. :yep: Still hasn't convinced a lot of people, but he's certainly less derided than he was at one point last season.
    I liked him more than Wilshere prior to that injury, but was disappointed with him in the few Arsenal matches I saw last season. Good to see/hear that he's starting to live up to his potential.

ReputationRep:
    Zelalem's vision :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    To be fair to him, he was also stuck out wide for a few games. Now Ramsey is never gonna make a good winger.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ramsey is a good player, people like myself dislike him because of his stupid flicks and failed tricks and constant dribbling and losing the ball. Its not once or twice It happens a lot.

Wilshere is overrated, good player but overrated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niceguy95)
    Ramsey is a good player, people like myself dislike him because of his stupid flicks and failed tricks and constant dribbling and losing the ball. Its not once or twice It happens a lot.

Wilshere is overrated, good player but overrated
    Yeah I agree with that. It's a big year for Wilshere with Arsenal and then England. It's a great chance to prove how good he really is (of course he first needs to stay injury free).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just saw the highlights damn this Zelalem kid is special.

Dat Cesc like vision :coma:

ReputationRep:
    BBC sport says that l'equipe are reporting Bernard had a medical on Friday

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    BBC sport says that l'equipe are reporting Bernard had a medical on Friday

Posted from TSR Mobile
    wow.. it would be a pretty quiet transfer if thats the case..

But hopefully true!

And pretty logical, considering we are selling gerv, arshavin is gone etc.. so a new winger wouldnt go a miss

(though I hope the price is less then the rumoured 20m)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    wow.. it would be a pretty quiet transfer if thats the case..

But hopefully true!

And pretty logical, considering we are selling gerv, arshavin is gone etc.. so a new winger wouldnt go a miss

(though I hope the price is less then the rumoured 20m)
    Wenger dismissed any reports of the signing post-match today. I would like some signings done but not just to appease the fans. We don't really require a winger..simple as. Arshavin and Gervinho were never first team players and them leaving shouldn't impact us hugely. Any signing should ideally address positions we lack in the first team and then any additional signings that adds to our squad is a bonus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    Wenger dismissed any reports of the signing post-match today. I would like some signings done but not just to appease the fans. We don't really require a winger..simple as. Arshavin and Gervinho were never first team players and them leaving shouldn't impact us hugely. Any signing should ideally address positions we lack in the first team and then any additional signings that adds to our squad is a bonus.
    A winger definatly is not our main priority.. or even that high, but we could do with another one..

Gerv still made 26 aperances for us last year, including a fair few starts - a young winger to replace him, would certinaly be positive..

but it shoudlnt come at the expense of one of the positions we need more: CF+DM+AM+CB+RB(if sagna leaves.. but thats looking unlikely)

I guess, whilst I dont veiw it as a priority... a decent quality signing is still a positive

- though its all irrelivant as you say, with wenger dissmising it..

Wenger also said he didn't know who cazorla was shortly before signing him

ReputationRep:
    A winger definatly is not our main priority.. or even that high, but we could do with another one..

Gerv still made 26 aperances for us last year, including a fair few starts - a young winger to replace him, would certinaly be positive..

but it shoudlnt come at the expense of one of the positions we need more: CF+DM+AM+CB+RB(if sagna leaves.. but thats looking unlikely)

I guess, whilst I dont veiw it as a priority... a decent quality signing is still a positive

Gervinho was useful as substitute but all those appearances didn't make him any less or more important. Ramsey played on the wing for a couple of games but that doesn't make him a winger. I would rather see the money being spent on useful signings that add to our game rather than anything that will make the fans happy for a while- which this signing clearly would be

ReputationRep:

Why do you want another attacking midfielder when you've got Cazorla, who many consider to be the second best in the PL in that position?!

ReputationRep:
    Gervinho was useful as substitute but all those appearances didn't make him any less or more important. Ramsey played on the wing for a couple of games but that doesn't make him a winger. I would rather see the money being spent on useful signings that add to our game rather than anything that will make the fans happy for a while- which this signing clearly would be
    we need to have squad depth, we've lost two players they need to be replaced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrSupernova)
    Why do you want another attacking midfielder when you've got Cazorla, who many consider to be the second best in the PL in that position?!
    Actually if we had another quality winger, I wouldnt.. - because then Cazorla would be able to play AM all the time..

Last season though he was shafted to the wing far to often (in my eyes) - which whilst he played well there, left a big gap at AM, and many times we really failed to break teams down, and get through their deffence...

Rosiky is a good as a rotation, but hes often injured, and fairly un-reliable..

would have loved to see grenier(sp?) come in, as a young AM who could have grown/rotated in that role

But anyway.. 1 quality player isnt enough in a position... if we aim to be one of the best teams, we need more depth than that.. looking at bayern, chelsea, RM, etc.. - they have a field of depth in positions.. which currently, dispite having a good first team, we kind of lack..

ReputationRep:
    dont get me wrong, I would never get a winger at the expense of other positions..

But thats not been suggested, or implied.. so, for now if we were to get a winger, we can only presume its in addition to getting a CF etc.

And adding quality to the team, and gaining more depth, is something we vastly need

(especially up front, were quite frankly, we were struggling to break down teams on so many occasions..)

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.