The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We're being linked with some awful strikers atm. Depressing stuff. Cue another load of suspect transfer links if we qualify later.
Original post by Arkasia
What has he said beyond Di Maria?

Sanchez, Benetia, Eto'o etc

Original post by e aí rapaz
yeah no internet in nigeria innit

I really hope you're joking.
Original post by jam278
What about Obafemi Martins? Wonder how 419 would feel about him?

Wiki is trying to tell me he's 29, I'm not having it. He was bloody 29 when he and Inter destroyed us in 2003!! Nigeria players really need to stop these age lies, he's not the only one!

Can't have that pensioner (which he is) giving Szcz and Kos nightmares!

I think 419 is travelling atm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5843
I think 419 is in Nice. I seem to remember a conversation between him and Zuerich about that..
Daniel Feliciano @dmf180593

"In other news, Sporting have made it clear that William Carvalho can leave for €30M (£23.9M). Realised nobody will pay €45M. #afc favourites"

Would be criminal not to buy this guy for that price.
Is he really worth that in fact. I ain't watched him at all but I've seen players go for much cheaper. Fernando costed a snip compared to Carvalho e.g.
If we sign Zigic I'm going on a hunger strike. I genuinely think it's a joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carvalho... or that french kid from PSG.. dont care wenger, just get something done.

Add the greek defender, and a striker and the window is done..

Genuinly feel like our chances of getting a decent striker hinge on tonights match though..

In my head:

Win tonights game =
5% chance of a really good striker (cavani, or falcao on loan etc.)
45% chance of an average striker (welbeck, remy)
50% chance of an awful striker (zigic etc)

Loose tonights game =
80% chance of an awful striker
20% chance of an average striker..

Anyway, im bored at work, and that is how I see it..
Original post by Kruz
If we sign Zigic I'm going on a hunger strike. I genuinely think it's a joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been people trying justify the move about how it makes sense! Talking about "he fits into our system because he's similar to Giroud. A target man who can bring others into play" and all that stupidness. No. I'm we sign Zigic, Arsene can go to hell!

In other news, Ornstein has said that we are unlikely to sign a ST but are looking at a CB/DM who isn't a big name and happy to play back up. So we are stuck with that lump and Sanogoals for another season, great.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fallen_acorns

Genuinly feel like our chances of getting a decent striker hinge on tonights match though..
At least everyone is hoping you guys win.

I think Wenger will just keep trying with Sanchez, I'm not sure it would have been so bad if there is Podolski or Walcott to the side of him.
Original post by Peggles_*
I've been people trying justify the move about how it makes sense! Talking about "he fits into our system because he's similar to Giroud. A target man who can bring others into play" and all that stupidness. No. I'm we sign Zigic, Arsene can go to hell!

In other news, Ornstein has said that we are unlikely to sign a ST but are looking at a CB/DM who isn't a big name and happy to play back up. So we are stuck with that lump and Sanogoals for another season, great.

Posted from TSR Mobile

****ing hell. I love Wenger and that but when he does stuff like this it just really annoys me. This is really bad mismanagement, I actually had hopes started off well and has gone dead steadily another fourth battle this year I'm afraid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5852
Original post by fallen_acorns
Carvalho... or that french kid from PSG.. dont care wenger, just get something done.

Add the greek defender, and a striker and the window is done..

In my head:

Win tonights game =
5% chance of a really good striker (cavani, or falcao on loan etc.)
45% chance of an average striker (welbeck, remy)
50% chance of an awful striker (zigic etc)

Loose tonights game =
80% chance of an awful striker
20% chance of an average striker..

Anyway, im bored at work, and that is how I see it..

That Greek defender already went to Roma..
Original post by AR_95
That Greek defender already went to Roma..

ah shame.. knew nothing about him, but still feel dissapointed, very silly.

Any other defenders being linkd? Surely it seems to be the position that arsene will definetly be getting reinforcements for, and id be surprised if its a complete secret.
Your new kit is horrendous this year. Same with Newcastle and anyone with Puma. The tight fit looks terrible. Start contrasts to the classy kits of previous years.

https://twitter.com/Arsenal

Santi Cazorla on the twitter banner :lol: Arteta is another who looks stupid with it.
Reply 5855
What about Nastasic. Would City sell to Arsenal?
‘Wenger called me on Tuesday and stressed his desire to sign Zigic.

‘He was offered a contract until the end of the year, with a view to it being extended to 2015 we’ll see what happens.’

Damn agent talking absolute BS. The desperation is strong. The fool probably rang the Metro himself and started this bloody frenzy

People need to forget about the window and judge at the end of it. Our total support should go to tonite's game.
Not only have we failed to replace RVP is 5 windows, but we are now failing to replace the guy who took his place. Laughable.

Trust me, if we sign Zigic, I'm done! I cannot do this anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Close to an Ebo level meltdown :lol: ^
Original post by Peggles_*
Not only have we failed to replace RVP is 5 windows, but we are now failing to replace the guy who took his place. Laughable.

Trust me, if we sign Zigic, I'm done! I cannot do this anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Zigic! Lool.

Latest