Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Suarez vs. Skrtel lol.

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame that our form at Anfield hasn't been great this season.

Of our remaining games, 7 are at Anfield and 4 are away games.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool striker Christian Benteke "finds it hard to understand" why manager Jurgen Klopp "ignores" him.

Benteke, 25, has been out of favour since the German became boss, starting just five of the last 16 games.

Klopp said he "had a few words, nothing else" after appearing to react angrily to a Benteke miss in Liverpool's 3-2 defeat at Southampton on Sunday.

"In January I didn't want to leave and it's still my desire to succeed at Liverpool," said Benteke.

"We'll see at the end of the season."

Former Aston Villa front man Benteke has scored just eight goals in 35 appearances since arriving for £32.5m in July 2015, with only one strike coming in 2016.

Fit-again Daniel Sturridge and Divock Origi have been the preferred options up front since the turn of the year.

"Some team-mates said that I was lucky with the arrival of Klopp because I certainly would play," Benteke told Belgium's Sport/Voetbalmagazine.

"When your coach says he wanted to take you to Dortmund and a little later you sit at the same club and he ignores you it is hard to understand."

Benteke was in the squad for Belgium's international friendly against Portugal on Tuesday, which has now been cancelled because of the attacks in Brussels.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35880895

Well questioning him in public is going to help your case..

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's in any doubt that he'll be sold. If we're lucky we'll get 20m.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It's always funny when players go away on international duty. They often **** off their club, because they seem to forget other journalists or fans can access stories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I don't think it's in any doubt that he'll be sold. If we're lucky we'll get 20m.
    West Ham are reportedly interested in signing Liverpool striker Christian Benteke, but fear they'll be unable to meet his wage demands.

They quote Hammers co-chairman David Sullivan as saying: “He’s a player we admire but the problem is that he is on huge wages that no club can afford.”

:teeth:

Good ol' West Ham

ReputationRep:
    The talking point shouldn't be whether he fits in or not. That's not his issue with our team. It's that he can't finish.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Think that Benteke is getting good chances. He should show Klopp that he's worth it when he comes off the bench.

Won't be a surprise if Ings is ahead of him

ReputationRep:
    Benteke needs to accept he's getting sold in the summer. Liverpool need to accept that we'll be paying a portion of his wages for the rest of his contract duration.

Benteke rumoured to be on 140k a week on a 4/5 year deal. I can see someone like West Ham possibly paying 70-100k a week but they won't agree to above that.

So we might have to write off around 2-3mil a year on Benteke's wages for years to come.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Think that Benteke is getting good chances. He should show Klopp that he's worth it when he comes off the bench.

Won't be a surprise if Ings is ahead of him
    Spot on.

You can argue he isn't a good fit for our system but one thing you absolutely cannot argue is why he's failing to score with the gifts he is presented with. He's a Premier League striker missing some of the easiest chances imaginable.

Can't say for certain we would've won if Benteke had scored his chance on Sunday but it would've made it 3-1 and likely killed a Soton comeback. Embarrassing.

Ings must be absolutely gutted that he got injured because I could've seriously seen him having an amazing season. He would kill for the opportunities Benteke has had.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Spot on.

You can argue he isn't a good fit for our system but one thing you absolutely cannot argue is why he's failing to score with the gifts he is presented with. He's a Premier League striker missing some of the easiest chances imaginable.

Can't say for certain we would've won if Benteke had scored his chance on Sunday but it would've made it 3-1 and likely killed a Soton comeback. Embarrassing.

Ings must be absolutely gutted that he got injured because I could've seriously seen him having an amazing season. He would kill for the opportunities Benteke has had.
    Who's better Benteke or Giroud?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Depends on the system/team. I'd put them about par.

ReputationRep:
    Giroud isn't exactly much better when it comes to finishing. I would say his link up play and movement is better though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    As the others have said below, it depends. Right now, Benteke is awful but we all know at the right club he can be lethal.

In a system like back at Aston Villa where Benteke thrives, he's better hands down.

Giroud is very inconsistent and you never know whether you're getting a donkey or a star in his 90 minutes of football.

ReputationRep:
    Well done guys!

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...premier-league

ReputationRep:
    Who said we weren't gonna win anything this season?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Giroud isn't exactly much better when it comes to finishing. I would say his link up play and movement is better though.
    I second that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Who said we weren't gonna win anything this season?
    Strong reply

ReputationRep:
    Think Mackay posted the same stat earlier.

Anyone know how many times we dropped points under Rodgers and how many under Klopp?

ReputationRep:
    Tottenham and Leicester have dropped 13 and 12 points from winning positions respectively and they are still challenging for the title. I wouldn't read too much into that table but you dont really need it to see how mentally fragile we have been this season.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.