Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    You don't think David Luiz or Essien are fantastic players? Both are considered to be amongst the best in their positions in the EPL I think (I know David Luiz has only been here a short time).

And Rooney is world class, but ok. Lump him in with Bendtner and Chamakh if you must.
    No, they aren't. Essien used to be brilliant but injuries have set him back, he hasn't been great for a while now and there's no way he'd displace Busquets. Luiz is all over the place, it's amusing the praise he's gained since joining the prem considering he ****ed up vs Fulham, should have been sent off vs Utd and got owned by Puncheon a number of times last night, Pique is a far improved version.

Rooney hasn't been world class for a year now, no world class player goes a year playing as **** as Rooney has. Both Bendtner and Chamakh have outscored him this season btw, and people never stop labelling them ****

ReputationRep:
    I think that the thing with Luiz is that all the praise/ excitement he's getting is all about perception. He's suppose to be this Brazillian CB that's very comfortable on the ball and can bring the ball out of defence into midfield- you know the sort of CB that Chelsea are missing in their jigsaw.

:facepalm2:
    But if people actually watch and see, they'll know that Chelsea have alway had this CB that's comfortable on the ball- JT anyone?. Luiz is a good player but has hardly being anything extraordinary SO FAR.

ReputationRep:
    I put a tenner on Arsenal to win 2-1! Dont let me down!

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal is so gonna win Barca later! YEAH GO GOONERS! Gunner for life!

ReputationRep:
    No matter what happens, I will die a Gooner. I see Diaby in Midfield and Chamakh up front. Put RVP as a sub if he is fit enough. Attack is the best form of defence. Score early and they need 3 goals to go through

ReputationRep:
    Wonder if we will see any George Graham style bus parking .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    For ManU or Chelsea: Van der Sar, Cech, Essien, A Cole, Evra, Vidic, David Luiz, Rooney would all have a good chance of getting in - better than any Arsenal players, anyway. Obviously Barca have a very strong attack and a relatively weak defence (apart from RB) so that's why most of the players I've listed have been defensive players - I do not think any of the offensive Arsenal players you listed would have a chance.!
    Those players wouldn't get into the Barca team, simply because they don't know how the barca's system works. But if a 1st team Arsenal player goes straight into the 1st team of Barca, you wouldn't see a change in the rhythm of their play and style.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Rooney hasn't been world class for a year now, no world class player goes a year playing as **** as Rooney has. Both Bendtner and Chamakh have outscored him this season btw, and people never stop labelling them ****
    True!

It could get Messi tonight, folks!

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by M_E_X)
      Maicon, Lucio and Cesar would get in to the Barca team (in my opinion). Fabregas, Nasri and RVP certainly would not - I can't see Barca dropping Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro or Villa for one of those three.

For ManU or Chelsea: Van der Sar, Cech, Essien, A Cole, Evra, Vidic, David Luiz, Rooney would all have a good chance of getting in - better than any Arsenal players, anyway. Obviously Barca have a very strong attack and a relatively weak defence (apart from RB) so that's why most of the players I've listed have been defensive players - I do not think any of the offensive Arsenal players you listed would have a chance.

I know that football isn't just a series of 1v1 comparisons, I just thought it was interesting that (in my opinion) not a single Arsenal player would get in to the Barca team. Tonight should be a cracking game, pancakes and then this, what could be better!
      Rooney lol.

ReputationRep:
      Please Arsenal don't mess this up, pretty please.

ReputationRep:
      Oh Barcelona! Oh Barcelona! You make me happy........kidding :rofl:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by M_E_X)
      Come on mate. Sagna better than Alves? Dani Alves? Now I know you're winding me up.

Maicon, Lucio, Eto'o, probably Cambiasso, possibly Chivu, Cesar...quite a few of their players. None of yours would (as almost everybody else in this thread agrees on - someone earlier said Cesc and RVP would get in their squad, but not in the team).
      Sorry to join in the party but Chivu

Chivu

But I agree, there's not really much point in individually comparing players. Usually the relationships between components in systems are as important as the components themselves.

ReputationRep:
      If Messi plays like he can, we lose. He's been off form a bit lately, aside from his misses against Arsenal he squandered some good opportunities in the intervening Liga games. That said, even an off form Messi is better than most. Let's hope Koscielny can do another number on him.

I'd like to see Nasri on the left to help negate Alves, we all know that Arshavin+Clichy vs. Alves+Messi is about as much of a contest as a toddler vs. a bear. So, Nasri on the left to cut inside, Arshavin a bit closer to the middle on the right hand side and Fabregas withdrawn a touch?

ReputationRep:
      I don't rate Dani Alves at all. Yeah he gets forward and into good positions but is rarely productive when he does so. He tends to dive in the box and very obviously so. His terrible defending led to at least 2 of Inter's goals in last season's CL semi-final, and he dived in their area at a stupid time, when he had an easy chance to score. I'd rather have Sagna, personally.

ReputationRep:
      According to talksport, van persie is starting for arsenal!!!!!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by gunit123)
      According to talksport, van persie is starting for arsenal!!!!!
      YES! :dice:

ReputationRep:
      Confirmed line-up won't come until after 18:45GMT.

EDIT - Came before the schedule time:

Szczesny
      Sagna
      Djourou
      Koscielny
      Clichy
      Wilshere
      Diaby
      Rosicky
      Fabregas
      Nasri
      V.Persie!

ReputationRep:
      Come on you Gooners! RVP and Fabregas and the rest of our team, MAKE US PROUD!

On a side note, I think we might do it today

ReputationRep:
      Says on SS1 that Rosicky is starting ahead of Arshavin.....

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.