Oxford Applicants for 2012 Entry Watch

This discussion is closed.
anyone_can_fly
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by medbh4805)
When I come on this, "This page is in German. Would you like google translate to translate it?" (or something to that effect) comes up at the top of my screen......
That's epic

Let's start a different nation discussion. Who likes Malaysia? I like Malaysia. I like the mix of cultures and the food, and I like how while the politics is completely messed up it's messed up in a completely different way to British politics. There's something special about a land where two monsoons meet. Is anyone on the thread Malaysian?
nightmare91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by medbh4805)
Candide and I had a good run with our Gaelic discussions, I think we should revive those just keep the Germans from taking over...
Don't start a war with 'ze Germääns'... Actually, I think we'd lose it anyway, as we always do

(Original post by such_a_lady)
Haha epic!

Since you mentioned my exchange partner from Stuttgart, she sent me a lovely long email the other day talking about starting her degree in Ulm and it made me tear up because a) I can't believe she's at uni, we've been emailing for 4 years, b) I'm amazed she still thinks to email me even while starting uni, and c) ICH WILL AU WEG!
Oh that's so nice of her! Ulm is quite nice and don't worry, only one more year to go!!

Btw.: The person that impressed you was meant to be me... :getmecoat:
Joshc93
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
can anyone give me a list of colleges which have en suite and your own room please?
such_a_lady
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by nightmare91)
Don't start a war with 'ze Germääns'... Actually, I think we'd lose it anyway, as we always do
Oh that's so nice of her! Ulm is quite nice and don't worry, only one more year to go!!

Btw.: The person that impressed you was meant to be me... :getmecoat:
:facepalm:

And I know; that was my point
nightmare91
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:facepalm:

And I know; that was my point
And yet you didn't say: "Sven is one of the most impressive individuals I know".
Chr0n
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
or let's just talk about why all good tv-shows start at 10 pm, or why i always miss half of them :P (a discussion about neocons which has just ended for example /./)
Brand New Eyes
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Made in chelsea
calamitysarah
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Brand New Eyes)
Made in chelsea
the bit where she spilled the wine on his antique trunk :O hah
soutioirsim
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Joshc93)
can anyone give me a list of colleges which have en suite and your own room please?
..Do you need an en suite?
Chr0n
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
And yet you didn't say: "Sven is one of the most impressive individuals I know".
maybe that's coz you have died hair, to come back on that

EDIT: dyed of course. I should go to bed...
such_a_lady
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh my god, how did it go today??

(Original post by Chr0n)
maybe that's coz you have died hair, to come back on that
Aha xD a man after my own heart...
Banoffeepie16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Arghh whenever I start thinking about Uni I get far too excited and can't sleep! It's hard not to though...

Then I realise that this is Oxford we're talking about, and that it's probable that my dreams will be dashed

This is what is happening in my head all the time- ups and downs!
Chr0n
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Banoffeepie16)
same :/
such_a_lady
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Banoffeepie16)
Arghh whenever I start thinking about Uni I get far too excited and can't sleep! It's hard not to though...

Then I realise that this is Oxford we're talking about, and that it's probable that my dreams will be dashed

This is what is happening in my head all the time- ups and downs!
Same, and not just with uni
Banoffeepie16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Same, and not just with uni
Aw This may sound strange coming from a stranger on the internet, but I hope you're ok such_a!

:hugs:
billieerin23
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm off to read History at St Hugh's College in a couple of weeks, haven't started yet (obviously) so I can't answer questions about Oxford life but if anybody has questions about the interview or HAT or anything I may be able to help. Good luck to you all.
Tobedotty
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by anyone_can_fly)
That's epic

Let's start a different nation discussion. Who likes Malaysia? I like Malaysia. I like the mix of cultures and the food, and I like how while the politics is completely messed up it's messed up in a completely different way to British politics. There's something special about a land where two monsoons meet. Is anyone on the thread Malaysian?
I like the history, thats cool too.
medbh4805
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:rofl:

on a side note, I found out recently the Nazis broadcast propaganda to Irish in Irish Gaelic to Gaeltachtanna during WWII. I don't know quite what the appropriate response to that is....
laughylolly
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by calamitysarah)
Brasenose JCR wants to shell out £200 for a College tortoise.

The decision to purchase the creature passed with a majority of almost 100 votes during Sunday’s JCR meeting.

Elli Thomas, who proposed the motion, said: “I don’t see the need for any justification for a tortoise beyond the fact that they’re awesome”.

From: http://oxfordstudent.com/tag/oxford-...ortoise-races/
edit: the bottom article on this page is kinda awesome.
That just sounds amazing.

Christ Church have Longhorns and that's pretty cool. Although I wouldn't want to get too close to one unlike a tortoise.
TitchTheAntiHero
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've still not decided if I want to apply to oxford or not, I also need to find a list of colleges with some cooking equipment D:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (98)
25.52%
No (286)
74.48%

Watched Threads