Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    degree?
    Chemistry. So definitely unrelated.

Still expected some sort of event discussion... nada

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    To whoever posted RE: GS Securities being two rounds - how do you know this? (I can't find your post)
    A friend spoke to HR. Thats what he said anyways

ReputationRep:
    For anyone with a CS offer by the way: https://www.facebook.com/groups/360720264112081/

ReputationRep:
    For anyone who had a telephone interview with BAML, how long did it take them to respond with a rejection/offer????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lily_07)
    For anyone who had a telephone interview with BAML, how long did it take them to respond with a rejection/offer????
    They say 10 working days, I heard back in 9...

ReputationRep:
    Got a call back in three, missed the call and it took them another week and a half to ring again - I wouldn't be worried about them being slow

ReputationRep:
    I got mine in 3 days.

ReputationRep:
    It's been two weeks now, don't know whether to assume that's a good thing or a bad thing.

ReputationRep:
    Next working day. Good luck!

My friend on my course heard back in 3/4 weejs so just sit tight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Next working day. Good luck!

My friend on my course heard back in 3/4 weejs so just sit tight.
    Was your friend given an offer?

ReputationRep:
    Was your friend given an offer?
    Yes, he recieved an offer. This was back in November.

ReputationRep:
    Been to a GS onsite SEC event (talks/presentations/panel discussions with current employees and with HRs surrounding) and want to clarify 2 things:

1) there will be only one round of interview. A Bath graduate said she did it for SW and fast tracked all the way through, and that was the only interview she had in life.

2) it's competency based. However, as it's conducted by a member of whatever SEC team, the depth and range of questions may purely depend on the interviewer.

Info only applies to SEC, others may be different. However I will only have my interview on Monday, correct me if I'm wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Still haven't heard back from GS...is there still hope for me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roadrage27)
    They said they will be in contact by the end of next week if they are interested in you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roadrage27)
    me neither

Also, has anyone been through the final round for Deutsche Bank Markets? Would love some advice, thanks

ReputationRep:
    End of next week? Is that 100% sure?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by solaars)
    End of next week? Is that 100% sure?
    "Thank you for your email. We are currently reviewing applications for the Spring Programme. Should a team express interest in your application, they will be in touch by the end of next week."

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Stacks)
    "Thank you for your email. We are currently reviewing applications for the Spring Programme. Should a team express interest in your application, they will be in touch by the end of next week."

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks mate. Getting annoyed about it haha.

ReputationRep:
    Given the choice, would you pick JP or BAML? I really liked the interview process with JP but BAML there is definitely a fast track after the week (I've heard rumours about no fast track with JP?)

I've spoken to HR at BAML and they're not able to switch me over to summer... :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Strange, I know someone with a fairly weak application (and was rejected pre-int from a few other banks) who has an interview with GS and someone with a very strong application (lots of ints/two offers) who hasn't for the same division. Obviously they could hear back today but if not I wonder what the process is.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.