bump

ReputationRep:
    He's a smart player, he makes good runs, he can score goals

ReputationRep:
    :dontknow: Contact Mr Capello.

ReputationRep:
    He's ****. Joe Cole should have come on

ReputationRep:
    I quite like him as a player but let's face it, he's not left footed and Lennon is better on the right wing. If you're going to have a right footed player on the left side he needs to be able to cross well, because he's not going to get to the by-line often and knock one across. On that basis, Joe Cole would give a lot more to the team.

All of that said, if we play 442 with Gerrard on the left when Barry comes back then things could get very narrow on that side if Joe Cole were to play.

ReputationRep:
    Joe Cole = miles better. SWP was **** last night, should have brought Walcott instead of him everyday of the week, or ashley young.

ReputationRep:
    racist!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FistOfFedor)
    racist!
    How?

ReputationRep:
    Adam Johnson should be there... grrr. But still, SWP is a quality player but agree that Joe Cole should have been brought on instead.

ReputationRep:
    An older and slower version of Theo Walcott :dontknow:

I quite like him though, I may be biased due to his cute little face though

ReputationRep:
    What he was doing not playing Joe Cole was beyond stupidity.
    Cole Should be on the LEFT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kash:))
    An older and slower version of Theo Walcott :dontknow:

I quite like him though, I may be biased due to his cute little face though
    What about Rooney's cute little face?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maturity)
    What about Rooney's cute little face?
    awww no Heskey is the cutest :yep:

ReputationRep:
    i hate him with a passion. He always seems to end up at the far post on the volley and boots it over. He's never added much quality to any side. I would have taken ashley young. I have no idea why ashley young wasnt even considered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FistOfFedor)
    racist!
    Patheic, stupid, and just plain wrong.
    Really hit the jackpot with that one!

ReputationRep:
    King is out for 3 weeks
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...king-world-cup

ReputationRep:
    • Germany diving whilst beating 10-man Australia 4-0 is both embarrassing and disgusting.
      -
    • The amount of cards in THIS World Cup is worrying also (y'know, bar it involving an illegal team and featuring a ref who was banned a short while ago for making terrible errors).
      -
    • What will it be like in 4 years? A red card in every match? Then 4 years after that, will there be a red card for every tackle?
      -
    • Donovan (I think) talking about how USA came back from 1-0 down and managed to score is just embarrassing for him.
      -
    • I can see people talking about this England side's World Cup in 4 years' time on one of those filler BBC 3 Top 50 World Cup Thingies shows before 2016's World Cup, calling this the Unlucky World Cup and making the standard poke at Heskey for being 'crap' then injuring our 'best' player (who wasn't our best until he was injured, naturally).

(Original post by JohnnytheFox)
    Everyone does realise this is a joke right?

No one ever expected anything other than a loss for the USA from this game, so for them to get a point against the best team in the group, it is a victory for the USA, as it means they now have a significant chance of qualifying.

The Battle of Bunker Hill was a battle between the British and the Americans during the American revolutionary war. Although the British technically "won" the battle, they lost so many troops and officers that it could easily have been considered a victory for the US too.

To be honest, anyone who takes that newspaper image seriously is far more stupid than the "thick Americans" they think they're lampooning.

(Sorry for the post, but I'm annoyed at the number of people on facebook posting this picture as proof of American stupidity).
    I think the joke's on you for taking it seriously and wasting all that time and post on it. It clearly says "greatest tie against the British since Bunker Hill" after all.

Although they didn't play Britain.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like we'll be stuck with Carragher alongside Terry now then.

Add that to a midfield that for some reason needs Milner and SWP before it needs Joe Cole and a strike force including 1 striker who has a temper and is likely to get himself sent off if we;re under big pressure and 1 striker who can't score to save his life...and.....we're out.

ReputationRep:
    carragher is seriously shit. ive always known this, so why doesn't capello since he has nothing to do but watch football

ReputationRep:
    King out

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2890/...world-cup-2010

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.