?
Report 9 years ago
He's ****. Joe Cole should have come on
marshey
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I quite like him as a player but let's face it, he's not left footed and Lennon is better on the right wing. If you're going to have a right footed player on the left side he needs to be able to cross well, because he's not going to get to the by-line often and knock one across. On that basis, Joe Cole would give a lot more to the team.

All of that said, if we play 442 with Gerrard on the left when Barry comes back then things could get very narrow on that side if Joe Cole were to play.
TigerJack
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Joe Cole = miles better. SWP was **** last night, should have brought Walcott instead of him everyday of the week, or ashley young.
FistOfFedor
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
racist!
AntiMonarchist
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by FistOfFedor)
racist!
How?
skotch
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Adam Johnson should be there... grrr. But still, SWP is a quality player but agree that Joe Cole should have been brought on instead.
Kash:)
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
An older and slower version of Theo Walcott :dontknow:

I quite like him though, I may be biased due to his cute little face though
Maturity
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What he was doing not playing Joe Cole was beyond stupidity.
Cole Should be on the LEFT.
Maturity
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Kash:))
An older and slower version of Theo Walcott :dontknow:

I quite like him though, I may be biased due to his cute little face though
What about Rooney's cute little face?
AntiMonarchist
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Maturity)
What about Rooney's cute little face?
awww no Heskey is the cutest :yep:
fidel69
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i hate him with a passion. He always seems to end up at the far post on the volley and boots it over. He's never added much quality to any side. I would have taken ashley young. I have no idea why ashley young wasnt even considered.
rezarf
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by FistOfFedor)
racist!
Patheic, stupid, and just plain wrong.
Really hit the jackpot with that one!
Kash:)
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
King is out for 3 weeks
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...king-world-cup
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
  • Germany diving whilst beating 10-man Australia 4-0 is both embarrassing and disgusting.
    -
  • The amount of cards in THIS World Cup is worrying also (y'know, bar it involving an illegal team and featuring a ref who was banned a short while ago for making terrible errors).
    -
  • What will it be like in 4 years? A red card in every match? Then 4 years after that, will there be a red card for every tackle?
    -
  • Donovan (I think) talking about how USA came back from 1-0 down and managed to score is just embarrassing for him.
    -
  • I can see people talking about this England side's World Cup in 4 years' time on one of those filler BBC 3 Top 50 World Cup Thingies shows before 2016's World Cup, calling this the Unlucky World Cup and making the standard poke at Heskey for being 'crap' then injuring our 'best' player (who wasn't our best until he was injured, naturally).

(Original post by JohnnytheFox)
Everyone does realise this is a joke right?

No one ever expected anything other than a loss for the USA from this game, so for them to get a point against the best team in the group, it is a victory for the USA, as it means they now have a significant chance of qualifying.

The Battle of Bunker Hill was a battle between the British and the Americans during the American revolutionary war. Although the British technically "won" the battle, they lost so many troops and officers that it could easily have been considered a victory for the US too.

To be honest, anyone who takes that newspaper image seriously is far more stupid than the "thick Americans" they think they're lampooning.

(Sorry for the post, but I'm annoyed at the number of people on facebook posting this picture as proof of American stupidity).
I think the joke's on you for taking it seriously and wasting all that time and post on it. It clearly says "greatest tie against the British since Bunker Hill" after all.

Although they didn't play Britain.
OceanInTheSky
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Looks like we'll be stuck with Carragher alongside Terry now then.

Add that to a midfield that for some reason needs Milner and SWP before it needs Joe Cole and a strike force including 1 striker who has a temper and is likely to get himself sent off if we;re under big pressure and 1 striker who can't score to save his life...and.....we're out.
made_of_fail
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
carragher is seriously shit. ive always known this, so why doesn't capello since he has nothing to do but watch football
Cities
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
King out

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2890/...world-cup-2010
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24%
No (323)
76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed