Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Bleurgh had a killer headache all day. The walls in the living room are still shouting at me, threatening that things they said will happen will still happen despite the date passing. I'm not sure how seriously to take them, I just wanna get on with my life but it's difficult when there's this constant worry about bad things happening.

More and more I'm thinking that everyone is lying to me. There's nothing wrong with me, if there was risperidone would do something other than keep me up all night. I just paid a psychiatrist/psychologist bill of $51 and god knows how much I've spent on drugs, all for a lie. I haven't worked out exactly who benefits yet or how bu someone will I don't doubt. I realize the humor of me posting in "mental health discussion" but tbh I don't know where else I can post and you people are friendly, facebook is a lie too. My threads get deleted elsewhere on tsr. :dry:

ReputationRep:
    Argh, I hate that I've been tired for so many hours, yet I still can't seem to get to sleep. Wtf? Fml.

Also, I'm quite bothered about the fact that last year I wrote to some free counselling organisations, asking for their help, yet I haven't heard anything back from any of them :confused:. How to keep on seeking help, I dunno, but I suppose I can't give up.

(Original post by Deyesy)
    I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit :nah: Your mental resilience is much, much stronger than you believe it to be; especially given your circumstances. I think you need to find that one thing you're good at and you excel at. Once you find that you'll have direction and yeah things may not improve dramatically but it'll give you a sense of direction?
    [
    Thanks for the reply. I think my mental resilience is bad because I react so badly to most adversities in my life, luckily not to the point of physical self harm or worse, but I know I don't deal as well as I should. I'm so confused at what to pick to do, but I suppose I will just have to keep trying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sultana)
    How did it go? :hugs:
    It was actually alright, thank you! :hugs: My boyfriend came with me and that helped a lot. I just wrote everything down and when I was at the appointment I told the doctor I found it difficult to talk about and just handed her the notes. She said she wanted to keep them, too.

I was prescribed citalopram and put on a waiting list for counselling. I've just finished a week of taking 10mg per day and now I'm on 20mg for a week. First she suggested trying to do more exercise first and seeing if that'll help but I struggle to get out of bed, let alone go for a run. Going back again on Tuesday, though I'm not sure what to expect from the second appointment other than getting another prescription? Don't feel any different from the meds so far, just had some side effects, and a bit of a break down on one day..

Sorry, I should really read some more of this thread and get to know you people

ReputationRep:
    Argh, so nervous. Doing some last minute preparation for the interviews. My mum is driving me there so that's comforting. And afterwards the technician will have been here and we will have Sky Sports (live in Switzerland so they have to adjust a satellite dish for the signal). Could be such a great day if the interviews go well.

Anyway, hope you guys are good this morning!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    Argh, so nervous. Doing some last minute preparation for the interviews. My mum is driving me there so that's comforting. And afterwards the technician will have been here and we will have Sky Sports (live in Switzerland so they have to adjust a satellite dish for the signal). Could be such a great day if the interviews go well.

Good luck! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    all because apparently it had too much parsnip in it, and apparently he doesnt like parsnip, even though i know hes eaten it for the past 20 years... and the dish he was eating is a family classic and i know my mum has always put parsnip in it, so i do, and he said it doesnt go because its a pasta dish and pasta and parsnips dont mix
    basically hes being fussy. and not appreciating the fact that someone is cooking for him, so iv said i wont cook anymore, which will stress my mum out, i know it will, which is why i cook in the first place!

He sounds very silly and ungrateful :console: Hope you're feeling better about the situation this morning :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millyshyn)
    It was actually alright, thank you! :hugs: My boyfriend came with me and that helped a lot. I just wrote everything down and when I was at the appointment I told the doctor I found it difficult to talk about and just handed her the notes. She said she wanted to keep them, too.

I was prescribed citalopram and put on a waiting list for counselling. I've just finished a week of taking 10mg per day and now I'm on 20mg for a week. First she suggested trying to do more exercise first and seeing if that'll help but I struggle to get out of bed, let alone go for a run. Going back again on Tuesday, though I'm not sure what to expect from the second appointment other than getting another prescription? Don't feel any different from the meds so far, just had some side effects, and a bit of a break down on one day..

Sorry, I should really read some more of this thread and get to know you people

Ah well done for going, and I'm glad it went well! Hopefully the citalopram will help raise your mood/give you the energy and motivation needed enough so you can start doing more self-help type of stuff like exercise. Did you used to run? I used to love running :heart: :moon: They say it can take up to six weeks before you feel any positive effect, so one week is early days yet, but the side effects should start to wear off pretty soon.
    Second appointment should just be like checking up on how things are going, if you have any bad side effects, if any problems have come up, just basically keeping contact with you and making sure things are alright.

They're mostly a friendly bunch in here (I think it's customary to insert a "but beware of superwolf; they bite" joke here ), and it can be a good place to get advice/support or just have a bit of a chat with people who understand, but equally no need for you post more unless you want to. :hugs:

Best of luck :crossedf:
    :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sultana)

Best of luck :crossedf:
    :jumphug:

(Original post by 08batee)
    Good luck! :hugs:
    Thank you guys! I tried on my suit and tie just now, haven't worn it much since sixth form, look rather smart Leaving in an hour, and it'll be a while. I'll let you guys know tonight how it went!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Thank you guys! I tried on my suit and tie just now, haven't worn it much since sixth form, look rather smart Leaving in an hour, and it'll be a while. I'll let you guys know tonight how it went!
    Good luck!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Dear god the crisis team can be useless. Just called up in a panic attack and they were just a disgrace.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Dear god the crisis team can be useless. Just called up in a panic attack and they were just a disgrace.
    Really sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with them too. I once phoned them at 3am or something and they asked me to put on a DVD :eyeball: :confused: :facepalm:

Hope you're OK now, despite their noobishness :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    Welcome to the thread! :bigsmile: Have you thought about going to your GP and letting them know how you've been feeling? :console: The lows you describe sound awful :/ I've also found comparing problems to be no help at all; though I know it's much easier said than done :/
    Thank you! I've considered it, yes. But when it comes down to it I guess I just don't really know what I would say, at all. I can barely explain why I get so low to myself, but I suspect it's to do with a lot of issues that have occured in the past all the way to childhood that I haven't really addressed or gotten over. I dunno, I worry there's nothing actually wrong with me and I'm just being stupid.

Yeah, it's a pretty silly thing to do but as you said easier said than done! I do try not to but I just worry I'm being selfish because I have it a lot better than so many others.

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    Hi there, don't worry about posting no one sees you as butting in.

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm dismissing you but often teenagers experience mood swings so could it be that? If it's more than normal teenage mood swings do you think it might be an idea to talk to your doctor? A lot of different mental health conditions have mood swings as a symptom but you won't know for sure unless you talk to a doctor.

Like I said I hope it doesn't sound like I'm saying this isn't a problem for you, I'm just trying to cover all bases.
    Hi, thanks!

No not at all, I've thought that myself hence why I've never really sought help in the past. But I'm 21 now and it's been happening for a good few years so I don't know whether it'd be viable that it is just mood swings. I think you've both given me the confidence to speak to a doctor, even if I just find out what I'm feeling is normal. I do think I would benefit a lot from speaking to a counselor about past problems though and working through things, but I've heard that's expensive - does anyone can know whether you can get that service free through the NHS? Or is it only if you're diagnosed with depresssion/bipolar/anything else like that?

ReputationRep:
    Can't put into words how broken I am at the moment
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Really sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with them too. I once phoned them at 3am or something and they asked me to put on a DVD :eyeball: :confused: :facepalm:

Hope you're OK now, despite their noobishness :console:
    Lorazepam works better than the crisis team

Any chance they wanted you to watch this DVD in a warm bath with a milky drink?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Lorazepam works better than the crisis team
    :teehee:

Any chance they wanted you to watch this DVD in a warm bath with a milky drink?
    Nope, mine wasn't even useful enough to suggest a warm bath with a milky drink. Though to be fair, it WAS 3am :teehee: Still though. Now I feel deprived :emo:

:p:

Well so the interviews went well. They did ask some technical stuff but I guess it was just to gauge my mathematical ability and thought process. Could have done better at that but also worse.

And the three guys interviewing me were really nice, we talked private stuff too, got to know each other a bit. I will hear the result end of next week (have one telephone interview with HR on Monday to go) but even if I don't get it it was a positive experience. I handled myself quite well.

How are you folks? Hope you had a good day, too!

ReputationRep:
    Well so the interviews went well. They did ask some technical stuff but I guess it was just to gauge my mathematical ability and thought process. Could have done better at that but also worse.

And the three guys interviewing me were really nice, we talked private stuff too, got to know each other a bit. I will hear the result end of next week (have one telephone interview with HR on Monday to go) but even if I don't get it it was a positive experience. I handled myself quite well.

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

That's great to hear it was a positive experience for you. Well done and best of luck

That's great to hear it was a positive experience for you. Well done and best of luck
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I want to take protein shake to help gain weight since I'm still skinny-ish and I preferred it when I was a bit meatier but seems as though I have a bad thang with healthy eating lifestyles, I'm really worried what my mum's going to think.

Spoiler:
    Show

(As in I imagine her crying that she's lost her son who's soon going to be a steroid-bound meathead who dies of heart failure like Zyzz did at 22 and screaming at me to get out)

Would you be concerned if a friend started taking protein shakes? Nothing else?
    (Oh yeah, sometimes I go to Holland+Barratt and have their protein bars because they taste better than chocolate tbh :P

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.