Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Oli G just scored a screamer for France
    Hopefully Wenger decides he's good enough to spearhead the 2014-2015 title challenge

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oli G just scored a screamer for France
    His movement was excellent and his technique was even better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Hopefully Wenger decides he's good enough to spearhead the 2014-2015 title challenge

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He's a good striker, but he as played until exhaustion this season and his form dipped.

Wouldnt be a disaster to have Giroud up front next season with sufficient back up, Bony for instance, and a better goal threat from LW.

Ideally we'd sign Mandzukic though, we'd have a good choice then

ReputationRep:
    2 for Giroud now, nice header.

ReputationRep:
    He's a good striker, but he as played until exhaustion this season and his form dipped.

Wouldnt be a disaster to have Giroud up front next season with sufficient back up, Bony for instance, and a better goal threat from LW.

Ideally we'd sign Mandzukic though, we'd have a good choice then
    Oli is, through no fault of his own, a back-up striker for a big club. A player with talent no doubt, and can see why you guys love him as he works hard and tries his best, and I would put him in the top bracket of "the rest" category after the World Class bracket tbh. If you got Bony you'd have a chance but you need someone who puts away chances when they only get 1 or 2 in a whole game in the big games (e.g Giroud vs Chelsea at the Emirates late on).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Greizzmandem also doin aaaaaight. Valbuenas been sick too. Shame Wenger aint on commentary duty, never heard him b4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/...anchester-city

Not sure what his issue at City is. He's on £220,000 a week and he's trying to hold the club to ransom but is making himself look very immature and unprofessional in the process.
    Tbh, the impression I got from the whole scenario is that the agent spoke out of turn.

Toure was about to explain his position on Twitter, and then in between two tweets, must have got a call from his agent. The tone of his tweets changed quickly then.

Either he was letting his agent save face (not sure how close they are), or the agent told him that they were in a v. good position to negotiate a good deal over the summer, and he just decided to go along with it.

He's even deleted the relevant tweets now.

ReputationRep:
    Giroud will have a better season next year especially if we provide him with some rotation/back up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Giroud will have a better season next year especially if we provide him with some rotation/back up.
    Well we better. Anyhow we don't buy a striker...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell... Giroud wtf why don't you do that for us. We're linked with Rabiot I wouldn't mind him in all honesty.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Griezmann is such a Wenger signing. Young, French and great potential. C'mon Wenger man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    Griezmann is such a Wenger signing. Young, French and great potential. C'mon Wenger man.
    He's already made the bid apparently
    Or prepping it idk

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    football fans dont seem to cope well without football to talk about..

Need the WC soon..
    Yeah football apparently can be a source of dopamine and serotonin release. ****'s like Cocaine man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Yeah football apparently can be a source of dopamine and serotonin release. ****'s like Cocaine man.
    Lol, not only that. It can also release adrenaline & noradrenaline.

It really plays with our emotions. But I guess that's because we allow it to

ReputationRep:
    Giroud scored a belter yesterday. Ngl Remy looked good too, he's got pace and good finishing. That's what we need.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DDan123)
    Giroud scored a belter yesterday. Ngl Remy looked good too, he's got pace and good finishing. That's what we need.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't mind but we can do better than that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DDan123)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Apparently he's negotiations to renew his contract, good news if so. I'm calling it early, Giroud to get 30+ next season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Apparently he's negotiations to renew his contract, good news if so. I'm calling it early, Giroud to get 30+ next season
    Entirely dependant on if the likes of Walcott, Ramsey and Ozil stay fit. Even if they did this season, I doubt he would have reached 30+ goals, because for all the chances he's had, he's missed some real sitters but one can only hope.

ReputationRep:
    Giroud. 30+ ? Nah you're alright. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I dunno how Giroud will do next season. I mean he last season he showed moments of great skill but I feel he isn't clinical enough. Tbf he does have great link up play.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.