Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://news.yahoo.com/israel-faces-u...154232573.html

Seriously someone needs to send a drone on the Israeli government. Such a heinous state.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Person1001)
    http://news.yahoo.com/israel-faces-u...154232573.html

Seriously someone needs to send a drone on the Israeli government. Such a heinous state.
    Thank you for that ill-informed and morally-bankrupt, not to mention inpractical, suggestion regarding what to do to stop the most heinous crime taking place in the Middle East today: construction of new homes in Jerusalem.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's very clear that this conflict will never end and will only cause more and more deaths and suffering in the future.

The only solution I see is forcing either the Jews or the Palestinians to leave and surrender a 100% of the land to the "enemy".

I'm sure there would be arguments about who should get the land but I would probably vote for Israel as they are a democratic state that provide the most human rights in the Middle East and are the closest allies of the west. (Of course a Palestinian state might be just as good, but looking at other Islamic countries in that area suggests otherwise).

I know it sounds cruel at first but it's still better then the bloodshed right now.
    Also, similarly unjust but necessary things have happened in the past e.g.
    http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Expulsion_...Czechoslovakia
    http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Trianon

What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Yet another terrorist attack by the despicable 'palestinian' perennial terrorists.

The sheer consistent savagery by this entity knows no bounds.

Detestable

http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Co...rtyrdom-380890

ReputationRep:
    And another terrorist attack by the repugnant 'palestinian' career terrorists.

Despicable, loathsome Islamist monsters.

http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Co...st-Bank-380906

Time for Israel to hit them back HARD.

ReputationRep:
    The man murdered in the savage 'palestinian' Muslim act of barbarity, was an Israeli Arab policeman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chindits)
    The man murdered in the savage 'palestinian' Muslim act of barbarity, was an Israeli Arab policeman.
    A Druze, actually. Arabic-speaking minority ethno-religious group, generally very patriotic, who don't consider themselves Arabs and hate being referred to as such.

Nevertheless, there are Israeli Arab policemen. In basic training we had to watch road safety videos featuring an actual Israeli police commander named Jihad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdvanceAndVanquish)
    A Druze, actually. Arabic-speaking minority ethno-religious group, generally very patriotic, who don't consider themselves Arabs and hate being referred to as such.

Nevertheless, there are Israeli Arab policemen. In basic training we had to watch road safety videos featuring an actual Israeli police commander named Jihad.
    I've seen many of them refer to themselves as Arabs or at least acknowledge the fact when asked. I mean the term 'Arab' is basically anyone from the region whose native tongue is Arabic.

I know some Arab Christians in Israel hate being referred to as Arabs.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen many of them refer to themselves as Arabs or at least acknowledge the fact when asked. I mean the term 'Arab' is basically anyone from the region whose native tongue is Arabic.

I know some Arab Christians in Israel hate being referred to as Arabs.
    I've never encountered any Israeli Druze whose number one 'pet peeve' if you will wasn't being mistaken for an Arab. This may be different in the Golan communities that haven't properly reconciled themselves to Israeli rule, but I'm not sure.

Of course, there's no real place to take this discussion from here without getting swallowed up in a black hole of self-reference, since it's fundamentally about the replacement of the older 'tick-box' understanding of ethnicity with the newer, more accurate, 'identification-recognition' understanding, the Druze being a classic marginal/transitional case. Maybe you're familiar with the literature...? The upshot is that since ethnicity is fundamentally determined, not by a checklist of characteristics, but by a very soft sort of process of self-identification/external recognition, and the Druzim are a marginal case, we are contributing right now by which label we choose to use to the actual question of which label is correct.

ReputationRep:
    There is no good side in the Israel/Palestine conflict.

The ongoing phase of the conflict is mutual retribution.

Fighting will only stop when both sides come to the conclusion that mutual retribution doesn't work.
    Afterall, previous civilisations have all been here before.

ReputationRep:
    'Palestinian' terrorist scum launch third rocket since end of hostilities with gaza.

Not mentioned on the pro-'palestinian' BBC of course.

A rocket launched from Gaza on Friday morning failed to cross into Israeli territory and landed in the Strip, an army spokeswoman said.

The launch set off sirens in the Eshkol Regional Council – the same region where a rocket hit last week, violating an August-26 cease-fire for the second time.

ReputationRep:
    We see today that a third rocket was fired at Israel from Gaza since the end of hostilities. Naturally the pro-'palestinian' BBC haven't reported any of these rocket attacks.

A rocket launched from Gaza on Friday morning failed to cross into Israeli territory and landed in the Strip, an army spokeswoman said.

The launch set off sirens in the Eshkol Regional Council – the same region where a rocket hit last week.

On November 1st and September 16th shells fired from Gaza hit Israel near the southern border, causing no injuries or damage and prompting no Israeli retaliation.

There have been several despicable terrorist attacks in Jerusalem claimed by Hamas who think they can play a game of ceasefire in Gaza whilst killing Israelis with attacks originating in the so-called 'West Bank' (real name Judea & Samaria).

We see this tactic over and over again. The declaration of a ceasefire from Gaza, then a period of quiet followed by the drip drip effect of rockets starting up again. Calculated such that it's not enough to elicit a military response, but enough to keep the population of Israel in fear of rocket attacks.

Of course as soon as Israel does fire back into Gaza or takes action against Hamas' terrorism, the BBC will be on it like flies on ****.

ReputationRep:
    It's not them firing back the world has a problem with, it's the firing back and killing more civilians than they do anything else. Hell, look at the death toll of the Israeli ground invasion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJKay)
    It's not them firing back the world has a problem with, it's the firing back
    Thanks for being so candid.

The world has no problem with Jews being killed, it's when Jews fire back that the world has a problem.

And by 'world' we all know that means the Europeans in particular. Odious entity.

ReputationRep:
    The world has no problem with Jews being killed, it's when Jews fire back that the world has a problem.
    Six Israeli civilians died in the recent bout of conflict.

About 1,500 Palestinian civilians died in the recent bout of conflict.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TurboCretin)

1,500 civilians now? the number keeps growing and growing.

So what you're saying is that because the so-called 'palestinians' lose all the battles they start, that Israel shouldn't respond to these killings and attacks?

A couple of Brits were beheaded by ISIS and now Brits are killing hundreds of Muslims in Iraq and Syria.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for being so candid.

And by 'world' we all know that means the Europeans in particular. Odious entity.
    The West will never be happy with the massacre of civilians, even if it is to target terrorists. We do not accept it from our army, so we do not expect it from Israel.

Also, killing civilians creates more terrorists, it is a self fulfilling prophecy, and I believe Israel know this. You can create strength and unity through constant war.... It has been done through time and immemorial, and it is being done by both Hamas and Israel in my opinion.

The only solution is a two state solution. Israel gives lipservice to a two state solution, but little actual political will to do it.

Both sides have lots of ********s in them, it's just one has rockets and drive a few cars into people, the other has state of the art missiles and fighter jets...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huskaris)
    The West will never be happy with the massacre of civilians, even if it is to target terrorists.
    Except when it's Jews or Armenians etc.

The only solution is a two state solution. Israel gives lipservice to a two state solution, but little actual political will to do it.
    The two state solution that Israel agreed to back in 1948 and which the Arabs who later were re-branded as 'palestinians' refused?

Anyway, could you tell me how many Jews you're willing to see murdered and how many rockets you're prepared for Israel to put up with before they can respond?

Or is it the case in the mind of the odious leftist Eurotrash anti-semites, that nothing will ever justify a Jewish response?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TurboCretin)

Part of the problem is that you include Palestinian fighters in that number

So no one belives you and it makes it easy to dismiss you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radicalathiest)
    Part of the problem is that you include Palestinian fighters in that number

So no one belives you and it makes it easy to dismiss you
    Typical tactic from the pro-'palestinian' apologists for terrorism.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.