Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlareBlitz96)
    Assalamu alaikum everyone. I hope all is well.

I want to begin reading tafsir of the Quran. Does anyone know any good books that I could order on the internet. The tafsir book does not have t be overly complicated, just well written for english speaking people
    Walaykum asalaam.
    I recommend these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/26132...13=80&ff14=108

http://www.quranproject.org/freequran.php

I have both at home and they're very good

ReputationRep:
    Assalaamu 'alaykum all.

Sorry, I know I'm around 5 days late - been pretty tired with work recently.

The suggestions for the banner have been great, I like Zamestaneh's the most:

(Original post by Zamestaneh)
    Loving this. Please quote me in when it's completed.

(Original post by Tawheed)
    Does he have much influence on the national affairs, in terms of government and politics?

:thumbsup:

(Original post by Zamestaneh)
    Tpos, Ten, Anka, Ash and me vote for mine (once it's been adjusted)

We could just have a could of banners instead of one only, you know :beard:
    Yeh, I was thinking that. If someone wants to use one that isn't voted, I don't see why not.

(Original post by Ankabout)
    Ash has voted? I didn't see it lol.
    I confirm that I did indeed vote him on whatsapp

(Original post by Tennumbers)
    Time for results. We have a winner! (I know its pretty obvious :lol: )

Spoiler:
    Show
    Nearly there!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show

:ahee:
    Please post the new one with the spacing sorted out whenever you get time.
    He would've won anyway, cuxz like my vote = 15 votes innit.

(Original post by ThatMuslimGuy)
    Sheikh Al Wiki Al Islaam has spoken:

Sheikha has spoken:

:laugh:
    Rofl. Never, shall there be any further need to debate against the ridiculous excuse for a critique that is Wikiislam.

(Original post by Tpos)
    Wassup my female akhis
    had to rep

(Original post by Mary562)
    I got to say that looking after kids is one hard job, never underestimate. Dad and I tried to get my baby brother to sleep for a good two hours. I'm happy that he is finally asleep and I just don't know why babies cry for no reason? Without Mum this world is totally different (she isn't with us atm). My brother is in hospital because he is really poorly. Please make dua for him
    And for all our parents who go trough hardship. May Allah always bless them and reward them for loving and protecting us. :heart: No-one is perfect. But we owe our parents A GREAT DEAL. May Allah grant them Jannah. Ameen.
    Ameen. May Allah ta'ala bless your brother with good health and make this illness a means for the expiation of his sins and an inspiration with regards to his imaan.

ReputationRep:
    Walaykum asalaam.
    I recommend these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/26132...13=80&ff14=108

http://www.quranproject.org/freequran.php

I have both at home and they're very good
    Thanks, but I thought tafseer meant commentary on the verses, like ibn kathirs. These books are english translations, which I already have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Useless Saudi government giving away 20 billion pounds, money that could go to more noble causes
    New King of Saudi Arabia hands out incredible £20.7bn to his people http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...h-country.html @MailOnline
    its just sad as long as they have money coming in for themselves they don't care.

ReputationRep:
    Assalamu alaikum everyone. I hope all is well.

I want to begin reading tafsir of the Quran. Does anyone know any good books that I could order on the internet. The tafsir book does not have t be overly complicated, just well written for english speaking people
    wa'alaykum salaam.
    I have some links you can download and read i can send to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash92:))
    Assalaamu 'alaykum all.

Ameen. May Allah ta'ala bless your brother with good health and make this illness a means for the expiation of his sins and an inspiration with regards to his imaan.
    Walaykum asalaam
    Ameen.

Thanks, but I thought tafseer meant commentary on the verses, like ibn kathirs. These books are english translations, which I already have.
    Oh sorry I didn't read your message properly. I'll get back to you insha'Allah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aabidah)

A beautiful post I just read:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Not once did we see their faces, not once did we hear their voices, but when we read about them, we developed such love for them and there was such beauty in our eyes for them.

Subhan’Allah.

These are the Sahabiyat [Women Companions of The Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam].

Ever wondered how they looked? We can only be amazed.

These are such people who embody such amazing definition of “beauty” for they define beauty not by looks but on their worship and love for Allah Azza Wa Jall.

Indeed, whenever we remember or we are reminded by the characteristics of such beautiful women, we can not utter any other word but Subhan’Allah, hoe great was their faith!

It is but true that not one picture of a female companion of the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam exist nowadays, but look at how many people love and get inspired by these very women. Allahu’akbar!

They were beautiful yet no lip color was present at their lips, rather such lips were moistened by the remembrance of Allah Azza Wa Jall.

They were beautiful yet no color was present at their eyes, rather such eyes were always pouring tears for being grateful to Allah Azza Wa Jall

They were beautiful yet no brand or attractive colors wrapped their bodies, rather such bodies were covered with the highest level of hayya [modesty].

They were beautiful yet no earrings were present on their ears, rather such ears were only attached to listening to the words of Allah Azza Wa Jall and the sayings of the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam.

They were beautiful yet no foundation ever touched their faces, rather such faces were given such radiance for always putting their heads to prostrate in obedience to Allah Azza Wa Jall

They were beautiful, they were Muslims, they were from the Ummah of The Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam, they were like you, O my dear sister in Islam, they were women of Islam and so are you, so what makes you think that these make up things would define your beauty?

My dear sister, no lip color can be better than the remembrance of Allah, no branded clothes can be more beautiful that the clothes of modesty. O my dear sister, Islam raised your status, Islam raised your status, Islam raised your status, Islam raised your status, Islam raised your status…

You do not need these things to make yourself beautiful, Allah Azza Wa Jall made you and for that alone, you are most beautiful, remember to thank Him, remember your purpose, Once Allah Azza Wa Jall loves you, He makes those who love Him love you too. Please Allah, Please Allah, Please Allah.

Be inspired with these Sahabiyat, these are the women we should look up to, not those women whom we seen clothed yet not clothed on television, or those women who pose and get photographed everywhere, there is no need to post a picture of you too, remember it is not your face that will be remembered after you die, it would be your character and how you lived your life in accordance to your faith.
    I love you for the sake of Allah Azza Wa Jall sisters, and this article also goes out to those brothers who are married, who have sisters, who have daughters, cousins, nieces, granddaughters and of course mothers.

Let us raise quality rather than quantity.
    _____

And we pray that Allah Azza Wa Jall makes us realize how much beauty there is in worshipping Him and dedicating our lives in service of Him.

Ameen!

ameen, prsom

ReputationRep:
    SubhanAllah some people, I have no words for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyoti)
    wa'alaykum salaam.
    I have some links you can download and read i can send to you?
    Thanks, but I was looking more for a published book which i could read anywhere rather than sitting on a computer screen all the time. Thanks for the offer though

ReputationRep:
    SubhanAllah some people, I have no words for
    What happened?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, but I was looking more for a published book which i could read anywhere rather than sitting on a computer screen all the time. Thanks for the offer though
    Tafsirs come in huge books and volumes. You can't just read them anywhere lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankabout)
    What happened?
    Well on one of the threads some 'baqwaas' is going on.

ReputationRep:
    Well on one of the threads some 'baqwaas' is going on.
    Lol, same old story.

ReputationRep:
    Ibn Umar RA reported: The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, “(The superstructure of) Islam is based on five (pillars), testifying the fact that La ilaha illallah wa anna Muhammad-ar-Rasul-ullah [there is no true god except Allah, and Muhammad ((sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam)) is the Messenger of Allah], establishing As-Salat (the prayers), paying Zakat (poor due), the pilgrimage to the House [of Allah (Ka`bah)], and the Saum (fasting) during the month of Ramadan.”
    (Bukhari and Muslim)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash92:))
    Assalaamu 'alaykum all.

Sorry, I know I'm around 5 days late - been pretty tired with work recently.

The suggestions for the banner have been great, I like Zamestaneh's the most:

Loving this. Please quote me in when it's completed.

Does he have much influence on the national affairs, in terms of government and politics?

:thumbsup:

Yeh, I was thinking that. If someone wants to use one that isn't voted, I don't see why not.

I confirm that I did indeed vote him on whatsapp

He would've won anyway, cuxz like my vote = 15 votes innit.

Rofl. Never, shall there be any further need to debate against the ridiculous excuse for a critique that is Wikiislam.

had to rep

Lol thanks! Glad you got the joke unlike everyone else who thought I'd been hacked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dima-Blackburn)
    Tafsirs come in huge books and volumes. You can't just read them anywhere lol
    Well you don't necessarily have to carry huge volumes of books with you if you want tafsiir on the go.
    There are many ''tafsiir ala-hamiish'' tafsiir on the sides on the quran, or tafsiir al-wajiiz condensed/summerised tafsiirs

ReputationRep:
    Sorry akhi, could you please elaborate on what kind of book you're looking for? A tafseer of the whole Quran which is brief?

(Original post by Tpos)
    Lol thanks! Glad you got the joke unlike everyone else who thought I'd been hacked
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Assalamualaikum warahmatuallahu wabarakatuh

Yesterday night, I went to an event where Sarah Joseph was chief guest. She is a convert and also CEO and Editor of Emel Magazine. I just wanted to share a few things she said. The event was for a girls school so it was more aimed at them and how they should aim to live their lives. Some things I found really lovely though.

She gave a mnemonic; STARS.

S is for Story. We write our own story in life and it can be unexpected. We don't know whats on the next page of the book but we have to be prepared for them. Write your own story well.

T is for Teacher. Life is our biggest teacher and we must learn the lessons life teaches us.

A is for action. (I found this point extremely beautiful) We can get lots and lots of knowledge and get every certificate but knowledge is of no use if its not put into action. The sahaba would learn one ayah in the Qur'an, implement it into their lives then carry on to the next ayah. Yes its not wrong to keep hope in Allah and pray to Allah for every success but you still have to put the action in yourself. When Moosa (AS) was being chased by Firaun and his army; Moosa (AS) prayed to Allah for help and asked Him to show mercy upon them. Allah's help came their way but Moosa (AS) had to act with his stick and Allah made a passage in the sea. This is just a simple example to show that we have to act in order for Allah's help to come our way.

R is for Resilience. Trials will keep coming our way throughout life. Its just part of life; we will fall down. Its not about how many times you fall down but about how many times you rise up from it! Keep striving ahead with sabr. Sabr not only means to be patient; its patience with perseverance.

S is for Self. Firstly, be selfless in everything you do. Secondly, be yourself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tennumbers)
    Assalamualaikum warahmatuallahu wabarakatuh

Yesterday night, I went to an event where Sarah Joseph was chief guest. She is a convert and also CEO and Editor of Emel Magazine. I just wanted to share a few things she said. The event was for a girls school so it was more aimed at them and how they should aim to live their lives. Some things I found really lovely though.

She gave a mnemonic; STARS.

S is for Story. We write our own story in life and it can be unexpected. We don't know whats on the next page of the book but we have to be prepared for them. Write your own story well.

T is for Teacher. Life is our biggest teacher and we must learn the lessons life teaches us.

A is for action. (I found this point extremely beautiful) We can get lots and lots of knowledge and get every certificate but knowledge is of no use if its not put into action. The sahaba would learn one ayah in the Qur'an, implement it into their lives then carry on to the next ayah. Yes its not wrong to keep hope in Allah and pray to Allah for every success but you still have to put the action in yourself. When Moosa (AS) was being chased by Firaun and his army; Moosa (AS) prayed to Allah for help and asked Him to show mercy upon them. Allah's help came their way but Moosa (AS) had to act with his stick and Allah made a passage in the sea. This is just a simple example to show that we have to act in order for Allah's help to come our way.

R is for Resilience. Trials will keep coming our way throughout life. Its just part of life; we will fall down. Its not about how many times you fall down but about how many times you rise up from it! Keep striving ahead with sabr. Sabr not only means to be patient; its patience with perseverance.

S is for Self. Firstly, be selfless in everything you do. Secondly, be yourself!
    Walaykum asalaam wa rahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Jazak Allahu Khayran for sharing such a beautiful post - repped

ReputationRep:
    Walaykum asalaam wa rahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Jazak Allahu Khayran for sharing such a beautiful post - repped
    Ameen. Jazakillahu khayran.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.