Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXII watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Ala Zurich crew?

Eg the one poster you stalked and obsessed over on both your old and new account? Fam you're entering ozzy levels

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Them being? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Had a pretty good day actually, after last week I wouldn't take any advice from you, you wouldn't know banter if it slapped you in the face. Really don't understand why if it's such a huge issue you haven't just blocked me yet.
    Because you're hilarious, not in a good way, but hilarious all the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Because you're hilarious, not in a good way, but hilarious all the same
    Much like Arsenal's European record then.

Arsenal fans are by far the most temperamental bunch on this forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    To be perfectly honest i'm more interested in seeing Wales at the Euros then seeing England fail in the group stage/first KO round yet again.

Northern Ireland can hopefully make it too because their group is just lol. How has that even happened?
    Tbh I think Wales, England and NI all have better than 50/50 chances of progressing.

And then that 3rd place is between Scotland and RI, all they need is an easy play-off draw and we could quite easily be seeing 4 of the 5 being in France next summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Ala Zurich crew?

Eg the one poster you stalked and obsessed over on both your old and new account? Fam you're entering ozzy levels

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What was his old username?

ReputationRep:
    Well, that was a mad finish, 3 points between 1st and 4th in group D, all 5 teams home nations + RI qualifying is still comfortably on the cards :eek:

ReputationRep:
    having 4 home nations all in the euros, would probably be the one thing that could really get me excited for an international tournement again.

Really soured on england over the past half decade, but having 4 countries in it would be great so many teams to watch and cheer for, and would love it if england drew one of the other 3, (or more) in a group

ReputationRep:
    I would take the piss about the bottle job vs Monaco if I wasn't an Arsenal fan myself. Gotta take it on the chin sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    Raheem Sterling wants a move to Arsenal. Time to raid our feeder club Liverpool.
    I'm John Cross' source:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...r-raid-5422654

ReputationRep:
    To be fair to Shed End, his 'banter' is on point about 5% of the time, so credit where it's due.

ReputationRep:
    Again. And I'm the one wumming? ahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    having 4 home nations all in the euros, would probably be the one thing that could really get me excited for an international tournement again.

Really soured on england over the past half decade, but having 4 countries in it would be great so many teams to watch and cheer for, and would love it if england drew one of the other 3, (or more) in a group
    On the contrary, having so many home nations in the Euros would be vomit-inducing for me. The amounts of bias in all commentary would make me nauseous. England have an outside chance on winning it if the big dogs (Germany, France, Italy and Spain) all knock each other out, but the rest are there to make up numbers ultimately.

Still though, better Wales than some team like Greece, eh?

ReputationRep:
    Again. And I'm the one wumming? ahaha
    I was being serious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    I was being serious.
    How was the game mate? The atmosphere looked brill it's a pity the game was overshadowed by dirty tackles and such and oh yeah wtf happened were there streakers or some **** towards the end? I heard that or it might have just been some people who decided to run on the pitch :rofl:. Lucky you I wish I got tickets

ReputationRep:
    I was being serious.
    *expressing an opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    How was the game mate? The atmosphere looked brill it's a pity the game was overshadowed by dirty tackles and such and oh yeah wtf happened were there streakers or some **** towards the end? I heard that or it might have just been some people who decided to run on the pitch :rofl:. Lucky you I wish I got tickets
    It was worth it but not the best day. Some utter mug decided to close Arsenal station about an hour before the match so thousands of people had to walk from Finsbury Park (and then back afterwards), around half time the rain was pissing down, and some Brazilians had nicked my seat at the start, so they were screaming "ayayayay" and blowing trumpets before getting kicked out.

It was typical really, Brazil bossed it, Neymar had magic moments, and Sanchez had the **** kicked out of him. The ref was blind as well. One guy next to me chanted "give us a wave Sanchez" when he was walking up to take a corner and he actually did Yeah two people ran on, one hugged Bravo, the other got rugby tackled by some fat security bloke.

*expressing an opinion
    Alright then.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of us are wanting a south american striker.

Paulo Dybala looks pretty good. Dubbed as the new Aguero apparently lol.. he's still uncapped for Argentina but has "drawn comparisons" to Messi and Aguero.

Looks quite good as a future prospect tbh..

ReputationRep:
    On the contrary, having so many home nations in the Euros would be vomit-inducing for me. The amounts of bias in all commentary would make me nauseous. England have an outside chance on winning it if the big dogs (Germany, France, Italy and Spain) all knock each other out, but the rest are there to make up numbers ultimately.

Still though, better Wales than some team like Greece, eh?
    I wouldn't really rate Spain or Italy as complete big dogs any more, both are second in their group to complete poverty sides (Slovakia and Croatia), but then again so are Germany.

I'd go as far as saying France are favourites, their team is simply brilliant and signs of progress were shown in WC, as well as home advantage.

Tbh, on their day England should beat Italy or Spain, we should be aiming for at least Semis if not final, anything less and Woy should be sacked.

It'd be interesting to see what pots all the home nations would be in if they all progressed, if all the other 3 were in pot D (probable), it'd be more likely that we'd (England) get drawn against one of them than not

ReputationRep:
    Wales vs England would be a meltdown for us Gooners, imagine the scenes as it's Wilshere vs Ramsey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    Wales vs England would be a meltdown for us Gooners, imagine the scenes as it's Wilshere vs Ramsey.
    you just know they would both end up running into each other, and both getting injured..

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.