Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I swear Arsenal play Bayern and Olympiacos every year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Arsenal scraping through then getting embarrassed in R16.
    United sailing through to knockout round.
    Chelsea with their annual easy-medium group that they'll struggle in anyway.
    City with their annual medium-hard group where they'll come 3rd.

(Original post by leinad2012)
    Yeah, but we aren't **** at football
    Last time I checked, you couldn't even beat us at home

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why people think Arsenal V Bayern is already a Bayern victory. We have a more than good chance of topping the group

ReputationRep:
    Ok tbf our group is ite. We'll receive the annual raping from Bayern but that's cool. inb4 it's a Monaco-esque situation and we get done by the other two as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Arsenal scraping through then getting embarrassed in R16.
    United sailing through to knockout round.
    Chelsea with their annual easy-medium group that they'll struggle in anyway.
    City with their annual medium-hard group where they'll come 3rd.

Last time I checked, you couldn't even beat us at home
    Last time I checked neither could you, celebrated a draw like a victory 3 days ago

ReputationRep:
    Who have Liverpool drawn?

ReputationRep:
    Last time I checked neither could you, celebrated a draw like a victory 3 days ago
    Mate pls

You're clearly a higher quality team than us with greater aspirations, therefore a draw at the Emirates is a much better result for us than it is for you
    It's basically an extra point that most people didn't think we'd get, so yeah it's a big deal

Plus dat salt makes it feel even better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Mate pls

You're clearly a higher quality team than us with greater aspirations, therefore a draw at the Emirates is a much better result for us than it is for you
    It's basically an extra point that most people didn't think we'd get, so yeah it's a big deal

Plus dat salt makes it feel even better
    When every other top 6 team took points from us last season at the Emirates why is it a big deal? It's expected tbf.

I'm surprised you're wumming a draw soooo badly Luke, it's as if you've forgotten United at home and Arsenal away last season and the resulting breakdown....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I don't know why people think Arsenal V Bayern is already a Bayern victory. We have a more than good chance of topping the group
    No... just no.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Great banter

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Unbeaten at the allianz :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When every other top 6 team took points from us last season at the Emirates why is it a big deal? It's expected tbf.

I'm surprised you're wumming a draw soooo badly Luke, it's as if you've forgotten United at home and Arsenal away last season and the resulting breakdown....
    Not really; I honestly never expect anything against Arsenal - you're less consistent than the other top teams but your quality in midfield is ridiculous when you're on your game

My aim wasn't even to bait you all out; i legit just wanted to discuss the game but it just seemed to happen because you're all so easy
    Meh, last season was different because we were in such great form and we looked really good for getting 4th.
    This season is a little different because the same pressure and expectation isn't there - a loss to United in a few weeks wouldn't bother me nearly as much since it's the expected result.

Also, may i politely ask that you don't call me Luke - i'd rather just be called Lúcio (or Lucio if you cba with the ú)

ReputationRep:
    I would say Bayern have regressed since Guardiola took charge (when they won the treble). Two trophies in his first season, one trophy in his second, if the Bundesliga gets its act together it could be zero soon

ReputationRep:
    Lol. We have no chance against Bayern.

ReputationRep:
    We have a chance against them. Very, very low, but we do have a chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    I would say Bayern have regressed since Guardiola took charge (when they won the treble). Two trophies in his first season, one trophy in his second, if the Bundesliga gets its act together it could be zero soon
    Only two clubs can realistically challenge Bayern, one came 7th last season and the other one are potentially about to lose their only player who is capable of winning them the title against Bayern.

ReputationRep:
    I am sooo dissapointed with how we have started our season considering how we finished last season!

Every season we make the same mistakes and have to learn the same lessons over and over again.
    The moment we win a few games we get over confident and try over done passes and then struggle to get a goal.

The fact that most of the games we win are when we are less dominant should be a message to Wenger.
    I've always be in arsene I trust but after watching the last 4 season's closely I can see how naive and arrogant he is being, We have a capable squad only when every player is on form and fit but when we have the money why risk it.

Every game needs to be treated like a cup final if we want the premier league, if we don't win the premier league this season players like Ozil and Sanchez will be the first to leave and then we are back to fighting for fourth.

Wenger says if he see's quality to improve our squad he will spend...there are plenty of players that will be an improvement on FLAMINI so why hasn't he been replaced?
    We sold our best finisher (Podolski) and we are left with Giroud, Welbeck and Walcott out of them none of them are clinical enough to the point that they need one chance in a game and they will take that chance.

The premier league gets tougher each season, especially when teams like West ham have Payet, Watford have Berahmi, Swansea Ayew, Sunderland have Lens, Stoke have Shaqiri and Affelay, Southampton have clasie, Newcastle thauvin and mitrovic, Leicester have inler, palace have cabaye, bournemouth gradel, villa have vertout and ayew...not that these player I want but they are all international players and can be dangerous against us.

ReputationRep:
    Tbf we always seem to **** up one leg and then 'almost make it' in the second leg. Just stop the first leg from being humiliating and Bob's your uncle. But yeah realistically on current form we're getting murked mate.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait for Wenger to recall Sanogo from his loan on deadline day.

In Wenger we trust.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by midnightice)
    Can't wait for Wenger to recall Sanogo from his loan on deadline day.

In Wenger we trust.
    Or buy Jonny Evans to cover your CB injury crisis

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.