Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Real Friends)
    We beat you 3-1, not 2-1.

I don't know what you gain out of these petty arguments with Luke difeo, it's like kicking a mannequin again and again.
    I was only counting legitimate goals

dno rly
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    I saw them at the Emirates a few years ago and the away fans were ridiculously good.
    Best travelling support I've ever seen was probably Augsburg, so I'm looking forward to seeing the renowned best in Germany.

ReputationRep:
    Vote Emre Can for the "German Football Ambassador Award" here lads: bit.ly/VoteForCan
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Kane set to start for England tonight, flanked by Welbeck and Lallana.

Clyne set to start at right-back, but Milner won't feature until the Wembley match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Kane set to start for England tonight, flanked by Welbeck and Lallana.

Clyne set to start at right-back, but Milner won't feature until the Wembley match.
    Vardy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Kane is better

ReputationRep:
    Can starting at Germany, seemingly at RB...

ReputationRep:
    Can was decent at RB for Germany.
    Lallana looked great in the first half.
    Clyne assists Vardy's goal.
    Henderson assists Dier's winner.

Not a bad night for Liverpool players to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Can was the worst german player, lallana was okay, clyne was good, henderson had many a chance which he bottled

ReputationRep:
    Someone should show Low the game last season against Stoke as a reminder on how bad Emre Can could be at RB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Someone should show Low the game last season against Stoke as a reminder on how bad Emre Can could be at RB.
    He wasn't as bad as you're making out and he has had relative success at fullback for Germany so far.

He was their out man, got forward well and put in some lovely crosses. He made several top challenges at the back and wasn't at fault for any of England's goals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    He wasn't as bad as you're making out and he has had relative success at fullback for Germany so far.

He was their out man, got forward well and put in some lovely crosses. He made several top challenges at the back and wasn't at fault for any of England's goals.
    I still would rather have him at CM (and CB if needed) or not on the field, against better sides he would get exposed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    I still would rather have him at CM (and CB if needed) or not on the field, against better sides he would get exposed.
    I agree completely.
    I wouldn't like to have him at fullback, but he did an alright job and showcased his immense versatility. At least we know he can be useful in an emergency, similarly to Milner.

I prefer him in midfield because when he plays well, he dominates the midfield. He can win balls in the air an can surge forward in a way that reminds me of Yaya Toure.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Milner captain for England tomorrow, Sturridge starts.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting to hear that the fee Liverpool received for Suarez was less than the £75m they claimed. The fee is closer to the fee Barca claimed they paid.http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...rpool-11102839

ReputationRep:
    Gotze rumours... that's him NOT being done then. (from past transfer deals)

ReputationRep:
    Interesting to see you guys got ripped off for Suarez

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Meh, at the time we had a player who wanted to leave, who was also banned after biting an opponent (yet again).
    We were never gonna hold on to him and whether it was 65m or 75m, I don't blame us for selling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Hindsight is 20/20.

He's gone on to be fantastic for Barcelona but he could've also turned into a rabid dog and bitten a few more people by now too. His agent was always going to engineer a possible move when Suarez signed that new contract the summer before we sold him.

No doubt Klopp would've loved a Suarez in his system..

ReputationRep:
    How did Suarez go for less than Bale. Think that was his release clause right?

We've also spent the money terribly so we are to blame as well.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.