Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    You are actually the Same as me with that logic that's exactly what I was saying lol😂 I'm so excited for you to get your score!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    !!!!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Would you say the UKCAT official mocks are representative of the real thing? I have my UKCAT tomorrow and I'm getting scores that are a lot lower on those mocks compared to my Medify mocks:-(

ReputationRep:
    Testday!*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcdcph)
    Hi,

Would you say the UKCAT official mocks are representative of the real thing? I have my UKCAT tomorrow and I'm getting scores that are a lot lower on those mocks compared to my Medify mocks:-(
    Many have said they're much more difficult than the real thing so don't worry!*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deathbeforeimmortality)
    Testday!*
    Good luck😁, i have mines at 11:30, what times yours?😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise427)
    Good luck😁, i have mines at 11:30, what times yours?😊
    Same time! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Same time! Good luck!
    Good luck ❤️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Testday!*
    Good luck! Got mine tomorrow let us know how it goes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamin96)
    Good luck! Got mine tomorrow let us know how it goes
    Thank you. I'll come back with a detailed 'how it went'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    Good luck ❤️

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you so much. Your posts here have been helpful to me.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    You don't have to resit both years of A-levels. You can fall short by a grade on one subject and just resit one unit to meet the requirements. Although if you apply as a resit your options are fewer, the chances of getting an offer from them universities is just as likely as they would be elsewhere with achieved grades because they don't take your resit into consideration.
    I'm pretty sure applying to a university having to do a resit of some units by the end of the year (which you have already done) and having a good chance of getting an offer is much more reasonable than doing a three year degree of which you don't necessarily have a passion for and then applying for medicine with an even slimmer chance.
    Just curious but, what did you get at GCSE and A level?

ReputationRep:
    Is an A*A*A prediction for Exeter too risky?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Finally done with mine. Very disappointed tbh. VR was pathetic, I guessed 70% of the questions. I found AR more difficult than Medify, had to guess a good number of questions. QR was fine.
    Average: 633
    VR: 550
    QR: 740
    AR: 610
    Band 2
    AS: AAAA
    Predicted A*A*A*A*
    GCSE: 7A* 1A
    I'm very worried right now. Do I stand a chance anywhere? I don't have much work experience, it's very difficult to manage that in my country. I'm just trying to reflect on whatever I have. Which universities should I look into? Any kind of help is appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lidiaislam13)
    Finally done with mine. Very disappointed tbh. VR was pathetic, I guessed 70% of the questions. I found AR more difficult than Medify, had to guess a good number of questions. QR was fine.
    Band 2
    I'm very worried right now. Do I stand a chance anywhere? I don't have much work experience, it's very difficult to manage that in my country. I'm just trying to reflect on whatever I have. Which universities should I look into? Any kind of help is appreciated.
    What were your statistic analysis %s on medify?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lidiaislam13)
    Band 2
    There's still plenty of time to prepare for BMAT so perhaps consider some BMAT Universities. If you have good gcses and a really good personal statement you could have a look at this:

https://www.themedicportal.com/medic...w-ukcat-score/

How did vr compare with Medify? What was so difficult about it?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I just got my ukcat and did really bad. What uni should I apply for a 6 year medicine course. Predicted grades are AAB. and average ukcat score is 643 and a band 3.. So which universities should I consider applying to for foundation/extended/widening. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Btw, I am not doing the BMAT as theres no use.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, how did people find the AR mini mock on medify? I did pretty terrible :')

ReputationRep:
    Just finished with the qr mini mock and there were so many percentage questions where you had to keep adding up like 6 values. Do these come up that much in the actual thing? I suppose the only quick way of doing it is not to use a calculator? Any other tips? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Did my UKCAT. Second time. Only did better by 8 points. Terrible.*

VR 580
    QR 640
    AR 650

I didn't manage my time well. I was rushing and guessing a lot especially for QR. QR wasn't difficult but I fell into the trap of spending too much time on some questions.

AR was ok but I couldn't get some patterns so I ended up guessing.

VR has long passages and asks complex questions.

All I can say is key in this test is time management. Be smart. Flag and don't spend too much time on some of the questions especially for QR.*

I'm applying for GEM so I need a score of at least 700. I am not as disheartened as I was last year. Will try my luck doing the GAMSAT for March. *

ReputationRep:
    Well on Medify towards the end I often marked without completing all questions so percentages fell recently.
    AR 56.9%
    QR 59.8%
    VR 56.3%
    SJT 64.1%

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.