This discussion is closed.
elitepower
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mess.)
Has he stolen Jacks coat :awesome:
He got a new coat made as they were filming in winter and it was colder.
dizzeedollee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by elitepower)
Apparently, there is a reason that rory keeps "dying" - that`s what I want to find out!
^

oooh it better be good then. i hope it doesn't have anything to do with him not existing/being killed for real/the astronaut, it would awful if rory died in the end
sleekchic
Badges: 2
Report 7 years ago
River: 'I love a tomb'

:holmes:
LastLordofTime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The Silent breaking down the door and River with an eyepatch happens in the same episode - the design of the room is extremely similar.
LastLordofTime
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The Amy that's swinging the swords about is the older Amy who's removing her helmet earlier in the trailer...
sleekchic
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LastLordofTime)
The Amy that's swinging the swords about is the older Amy who's removing her helmet earlier in the trailer...
I think that's the same episode in which the Doctor says that something has happened to time?

In that case why is Rory normal/young?

Question isn't actually directed at you unless you happen to have a TARDIS and you've already seen the episode? :holmes:
LastLordofTime
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sleekchic)
I think that's the same episode in which the Doctor says that something has happened to time?

In that case why is Rory normal/young?

Question isn't actually directed at you unless you happen to have a TARDIS and you've already seen the episode? :holmes:
I believe that's episode 10, which we don't have a name of, but features "Handbots". Could be~
LastLordofTime
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Anyone else think that they just took a Judoon prosthetic and modified it for the Minotaur?
Colonel.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have a feeling long coat Doctor and tweed jacket Doctor will meet :awesome:
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Colonel.)
I have a feeling long coat Doctor and tweed jacket Doctor will meet :awesome:
I am trying to WUM the manager in work in to giving me a flannel suit version of the Doctors coat. Slightly darker though. I might be wearing him down :teehee:
tvdx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I want to bang Amy.
jojospacemunky
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM7AMKdamao i can't remember how to share a direct video from youtube but thats the link anyways
series 6 the new trailer i am looking forward to its return
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
River could pretend to be Kovarian for a short spell, similar to how she pretended to be Cleopatra with the help of lipstick.

...Communication device is more likely.
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
"Haven't you figured that one out yet?" No, actually I haven't... Stop teasing me!! :cry2:

Also.... River with a Madame K eye patch?! :eek:
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
'Your worst fears'
Not the Daleks then? They haven't been around for a while.

Apologies if this has already been speculated upon...... I'm a bit out of touch at the moment!
Hype en Ecosse
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Say my name and I appear. :ninja:

Some of my thoughts.

• River being Kovarian is far too obvious. Putting that in a trailer is a complete red herring. If Kovarian regenerated into River, one would think she would get a new eye.

What's to say River doesn't regenerate into Kovarian? I hope this little arc doesn't turn out to be accurate, would just seem like such a **** route to take the character.
Hype en Ecosse
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Absolutely no Daleks this series. Been officially confirmed.

Mainly because we seen her die as River (Alex). I doubt time will be rewritten to save her or he will go back and find a way. Besides River wouldn't go from a mature good River to the evil Kovarian. It's very much implied that it's the other way around (young River, I don't mean Kovarian) with her being brought up to be some weapon, killing a good man, going to prison and being on good terms with the later Doctors.

I hope not either. Like I said, it's definitely a red herring to have fans speculating that it's the same person when in reality, there's probably an explanation for multiple people using that eye patch.
I don't think it COULD be rewritten to save her as it seems like one of those fixed points in history. Besides, there's that rule where he can't travel back inside his own time stream.

Good point on the direction of the plausible regeneration but the drastic personality change argument works in both directions. However, with "Kovarian" being a product of "how she was brought up" you have to remember that shot we saw at the end of Day of the Moon with the regenerating little girl. She was very much free and alone, independent to influence, I'd say there's enough evidence to infer that the little girl is River. But there's nothing that says she can't be another character either. The astronaut suit she was wearing was full of alien technology and River said the girl would need super human strength to break free of that suit - now after the power of "faith" regenerating the Doctor in the season 3 finale and giving him near Godlike powers. I don't doubt for a single second that there's some way in the Universe she could acquire that sort of strength - but her voice is filled with genuine surprise when she says it. If it was River, do you not think she would remember? Is this little girl's dynamic really that important that she can't tip off the Doctor at all?

Something else that strikes me that went unmentioned is the abandoned orphanage in Day of the Moon where we first saw Kovarian and Amy was trapped by the Silents - there was a picture of Amy and Melody in that room. Why? How would Melody/River possibly end up in an orphanage? Seems completely ludicrous to me that she's not independent enough so that she'd require the care of an orphanage.

I'm just thinking about the dialogue between the Doctor and the Astronaut before he was killed and how calm, caring and comforted the Doctor was in his death. It would be quite the anti-climax if the astronaut turned out to be River too - so I'm hoping for us to learn some clues in the next few episodes before the finale so we have something to dig our teeth into.

In the trailer that was posted Kovarian references "An Impossible Astronaut" rising from the water to strike the Time Lord down; telling us that she knows something about it. We also see the return of the Silents so I'm sitting tight, clenching my arsecheeks and waiting for some more juicy Whovian info.
sleekchic
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mckinnon94)
I don't think it COULD be rewritten to save her as it seems like one of those fixed points in history. Besides, there's that rule where he can't travel back inside his own time stream.

Good point on the direction of the plausible regeneration but the drastic personality change argument works in both directions. However, with "Kovarian" being a product of "how she was brought up" you have to remember that shot we saw at the end of Day of the Moon with the regenerating little girl. She was very much free and alone, independent to influence, I'd say there's enough evidence to infer that the little girl is River. But there's nothing that says she can't be another character either. The astronaut suit she was wearing was full of alien technology and River said the girl would need super human strength to break free of that suit - now after the power of "faith" regenerating the Doctor in the season 3 finale and giving him near Godlike powers. I don't doubt for a single second that there's some way in the Universe she could acquire that sort of strength - but her voice is filled with genuine surprise when she says it. If it was River, do you not think she would remember? Is this little girl's dynamic really that important that she can't tip off the Doctor at all?

Something else that strikes me that went unmentioned is the abandoned orphanage in Day of the Moon where we first saw Kovarian and Amy was trapped by the Silents - there was a picture of Amy and Melody in that room. Why? How would Melody/River possibly end up in an orphanage? Seems completely ludicrous to me that she's not independent enough so that she'd require the care of an orphanage.

I'm just thinking about the dialogue between the Doctor and the Astronaut before he was killed and how calm, caring and comforted the Doctor was in his death. It would be quite the anti-climax if the astronaut turned out to be River too - so I'm hoping for us to learn some clues in the next few episodes before the finale so we have something to dig our teeth into.

In the trailer that was posted Kovarian references "An Impossible Astronaut" rising from the water to strike the Time Lord down; telling us that she knows something about it. We also see the return of the Silents so I'm sitting tight, clenching my arsecheeks and waiting for some more juicy Whovian info.
Regarding the paragraph in bold, it doesn't seem that ludicrous. Presumably Madam Kovarain takes baby Melody to earth and perhaps delivers her to the Silence at the orphanage and the Silence and that Doctor bring up Melody until they need her for whatever it is their plan in.
LastLordofTime
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well, we've got an episode title for episode 10 now - finally!

Episode 8: Let's Kill Hitler
Episode 9: Night Terrors
Episode 10: The Girl Who Waited
Episode 11: The God Complex
Episode 12 + 13: Unknown.
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LastLordofTime)
Well, we've got an episode title for episode 10 now - finally!

Episode 8: Let's Kill Hitler
Episode 9: Night Terrors
Episode 10: The Girl Who Waited
Episode 11: The God Complex
Episode 12 + 13: Unknown.
Ohhhh that title makes me want to watch it NOW!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever listened to classical music while you revise?

Yes (418)
60.32%
No (275)
39.68%

Watched Threads