This discussion is closed.
TeeEff
  • Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MangoFreak)
Yes, but, as I've said, I have heard from ARCHITECTURAL STUDENTS :lol: that they generally just have a rudimentary understanding of what can and cannot be done, mostly using rules of thumb
But what if they're designing something innovative and unthought-of? (going after the large money stacks) Surely, they'll need to start thinking of the Physics behind keeping it stable or having to meet specific demands of customers in a completely hostile environment.
foreverstrong_97
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by dinrah04)
I've never actually been to the hospital except for surgery and random stuff when I was quite young, so I never really had any inspirational moments really for many hospital specialities.
My mum's a nurse and she always went on about what the GP did, which kind of got me into the idea.
Your Lucky! :yep: I practically know my hospital so well I go there every 3 months Ive had like 9 opperations and been in hospital so many times....I was gonna die when I was born to weak to ill ....BUT I SURVIVED! :yep: Im a don like that

Ooooh thats good :yep: My mum is a midday assistant at a primary school :facepalm:
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by chloe--)
I could try But I'd have to do all the work experience for Medicine alongside it.
Oh yeah forgot about that... You could always volunteer in care homes in the holidays and take some revision guides with you some old people would.enjoy that

(Original post by Aurorae)
But what if they're designing something innovative and unthought-of? (going after the large money stacks) Surely, they'll need to start thinking of the Physics behind keeping it stable or having to meet specific demands of customers in a completely hostile environment.
Exactly! Grr! Architects shouldn't exist... Architectural Engineers design realistically and carry it out
dinrah04
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by shadab786ahmed)
Hmmm... I can't wait till sixth form... *sigh*
Same omg, I need to start counting down the days. And I can't for next years massive holiday.
foreverstrong_97
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I could try But I'd have to do all the work experience for Medicine alongside it.

Ahahah, it is
LOL! Yep but then wouldnt it be hard for you to do both work experiences in college/sixth form?
L'Evil Fish
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Same omg, I need to start counting down the days. And I can't for next years massive holiday.
Holidays will bore me need to get something done then during that time... I just want to start a levels!
foreverstrong_97
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh yeah forgot about that... You could always volunteer in care homes in the holidays and take some revision guides with you some old people would.enjoy that

Exactly! Grr! Architects shouldn't exist... Architectural Engineers design realistically and carry it out
Whats wrong with architects :eek:
chloe--
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

I could

(Original post by foreverstrong_97)
LOL! Yep but then wouldnt it be hard for you to do both work experiences in college/sixth form?
Yeah, it probably would be.

Can't I go back into my corner of freaking out about how much research computer scientists are paid?
TeeEff
  • Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't agree with that view (Architects are generally more creative than Architectural Engineers as far as I understand, but anyone correct me if I'm wrong), but I do agree that Maths and Physics A-Levels will HELP (Shouldn't be a requirement but definitely compliments a career in Architecture).

Bring on 10 weeks of Work Experience and hardcore TSR-in...errrr.....Revision!
foreverstrong_97
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I could

Yeah, it probably would be.

Can't I go back into my corner of freaking out about how much research computer scientists are paid?
Their paid a good amount :yep: if your more interested in that go for it
dinrah04
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Your Lucky! :yep: I practically know my hospital so well I go there every 3 months Ive had like 9 opperations and been in hospital so many times....I was gonna die when I was born to weak to ill ....BUT I SURVIVED! :yep: Im a don like that

Ooooh thats good :yep: My mum is a midday assistant at a primary school :facepalm:
Aw unlucky, except for being faced funny and being born caesarian I think I had a pretty easy ride. The worst thing I've had was Sepsis or something, which is apparently pretty bad but since I've moved to England, I've been super healthy for some reason haha.
iLOVEmusic1234
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Architects still have to create designs that are genuinely achievable and have some consideration of Physics and Maths. :rolleyes:

No need to apologise. Just want to keep this thread open and the warning points away from all of us, that's all.
So that's how you get warning points then :O
MangoFreak
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Aw unlucky, except for being faced funny and being born caesarian I think I had a pretty easy ride. The worst thing I've had was Sepsis or something, which is apparently pretty bad but since I've moved to England, I've been super healthy for some reason haha.
I don't understand why C-sections aren't always done. I'm sure there's some medical/economic reason :dontknow:
iLOVEmusic1234
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Aww Umm Im into MERLIN!!! :woo: :woo: And doctor who! And Umm I dunno Apprentice Master Chef etc. Hbu???
Im gonna go check if there is If not Ill make one :woo:

P.s. dont do too much emoticons because then youll get a warning and it could also cause the closure of this thread
Ooo! I think I've heard of that & yep, doctor who too ^-^ They all sound like good shows
For me, I don't even know tbh, I mainly watch Eastenders & Waterloo Road but I watch The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, anything that's good on telly tbh :dontknow:
Ooo sick

Ooo! I know, I got the message, I feel so embarrassed
MangoFreak
Rep:
?

It would take longer to study though, and would reduce the number of jobs available. People doing architectural engineering sacrifice some architecture for engineering and vice versa.
L'Evil Fish
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't agree with that view (Architects are generally more creative than Architectural Engineers as far as I understand, but anyone correct me if I'm wrong), but I do agree that Maths and Physics A-Levels will HELP (Shouldn't be a requirement but definitely compliments a career in Architecture)!
I think an AS in Mathematics with an A2 in Physics should be essential... With a portfolio, then only the best would be able to continue which I think is fair.

Basically in my opinion an AS and A2 in any order with Mathematics and Physics should be essential...
foreverstrong_97
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What does being born caesarian mean sorry Oh wow aww bless its a good thing your healthy now ...I still have problems Which stick to me since I was born

(Original post by iLOVEmusic1234)
So that's how you get warning points then :O
Yep! I actually dont mind them
MangoFreak
Rep:
?
I think an AS in Mathematics with an A2 in Physics should be essential... With a portfolio, then only the best would be able to continue which I think is fair.

Basically in my opinion an AS and A2 in any order with Mathematics and Physics should be essential...
That's silly. Architecture is an ART subject for the most part. You would be killing all opportunity for prospective creative architectual geniuses.
MangoFreak
Rep:
?
What does being born caesarian mean sorry Oh wow aww bless its a good thing your healthy now ...I still have problems Which stick to me since I was born
Caesarian sections involve slicing a woman open to birth the child. I was C-sectioned, I was too big :awesome:
dinrah04
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MangoFreak)
I don't understand why C-sections aren't always done. I'm sure there's some medical/economic reason :dontknow:
It's probably more effort to organise and get staff, as everything had to be planned and my mother had to come quite early. But it's just I couldn't actually be born any other way. Well it would've probably been destructively painful.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (162)
26.78%
No (443)
73.22%

Watched Threads