Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robcfunnell)
    So what halls/accommodation have people here put as their choices? Interesting to see what places are more popular!
    Haven't applied yet since we Londoners get replies last anyway so I got plenty of time. I'm planning on Roseberry or Passfield for 1 & 2 and Carr-Saunders 3.

How about you?

(Original post by m0hd_J)
    This is a bit of a weird question, but why do you guys actually want to study economics
    Is it cos you have a burning passion for it or is it for a good job? Please explain..
    The reason I'm doing a degree is for a better job. So I guess I'm doing Economics for a better job. Although the choice of Economics over other degrees is a balance of interest and job prospects.

What's your reason?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)
    Haven't applied yet since we Londoners get replies last anyway so I got plenty of time. I'm planning on Roseberry or Passfield for 1 & 2 and Carr-Saunders 3.

How about you?
    Yeah I was looking at similar ones, heard that those three are the most social and I didn't really like the feel of High Holborn and Bankside seems too big and too far away. Northumberland House looks very nice however, so really choosing between Rosebery, Passfield, Carr-Saunders and that.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, what's the likelihood of me still getting my place if I marginally miss my offer A*AA for maths with eco?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #Unknown)
    Hey guys, what's the likelihood of me still getting my place if I marginally miss my offer A*AA for maths with eco?
    "If you marginally fail to meet the conditions of your offer, your application is automatically referred back to the Admissions Tutor in mid-August for reconsideration. Your application is then assessed in competition with all other applicants who have marginally failed to meet the conditions of their offer" - source: undergraduate offer pack.

Quantifying likelihood of securing a place is difficult; it goes on to say that there is no guarantee that your place will be confirmed at the School. Therefore, it's best you work hard & don't marginally fail your offer or you'll be heading to your insurance choice Uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This thread is gradually dying...
    It is time to say it,
    Congrats to all those who got offers and to those rejected id say that it is just a university, I am sure you will have a great time wherever you will go next and enjoy a much better social life. Don't let a university define you.

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from LSE and Bristol for econ and although I have firmed LSE and set Bristol as my insurance I am still not sure of what I really want. Academics are important for me and so is a healthy social life and I somehow feel that Bristol is an apt choice when it comes to maintaining a fine balance between the two. I know, if you go to LSE, the brand name and the connections you make have the ability to set you for life. But I have heard some things about LSE which have made me a little doubtful of it's ability to offer a decent university experience. I just wanted opinions on which place is better when it comes to the overall development of a person sans the prestige or the brand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doc5)
    I got an offer from LSE and Bristol for econ and although I have firmed LSE and set Bristol as my insurance I am still not sure of what I really want. Academics are important for me and so is a healthy social life and I somehow feel that Bristol is an apt choice when it comes to maintaining a fine balance between the two. I know, if you go to LSE, the brand name and the connections you make have the ability to set you for life. But I have heard some things about LSE which have made me a little doubtful of it's ability to offer a decent university experience. I just wanted opinions on which place is better when it comes to the overall development of a person sans the prestige or the brand.
    This is a very difficult question. But I suppose the rankings are based on something and LSE is ranked 3 in the world for economics. The social life should be better in Bristol though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doc5)
    guess you want to consider which you'd prefer...superficial business relationships throughout your working life or 'more' friendships throughout your life..

Maybe take a look at the societies and accommodation etc ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doc5)
    I'd say go for LSE and apply with preference for inter-collegiate halls. It's a win-win situation if you want the 'academics' and the 'univeristy life'. That way you can make the connections and have fun on the side.

ReputationRep:
    Is LSE better or King's for LLB law?Thank you in advance.

ReputationRep:
    LSE is better for Law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilloneranger)
    LSE is better for Law.
    you need to quote him

ReputationRep:
    LSE is better for Law.

Fellow offer holder for law (m100)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dulwichltyu)
    Fellow offer holder for law (m100)?
    Current 1st year Law student at LSE

ReputationRep:
    Current 1st year Law student at LSE
    respect

well, see you in september

ReputationRep:
    Do you need to have firmed LSE to get an offer for accommodation? Because I haven't firmed it yet but I applied for accommodation yesterday and I'm worried that I should have waited until I had firmed the university

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doc5)
    I stuck in the same place as you. But deffo firming LSE. Now it is between Exeter and Bristol for insurance tough choice.

ReputationRep:
    Any other one direction fans doing economics next year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohan11)
    I stuck in the same place as you. But deffo firming LSE. Now it is between Exeter and Bristol for insurance tough choice.
    Bristol, no contest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiekate1)
    Do you need to have firmed LSE to get an offer for accommodation? Because I haven't firmed it yet but I applied for accommodation yesterday and I'm worried that I should have waited until I had firmed the university
    I've not firmed yet either, it doesn't matter :>

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.