Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Israel/Palestine Conflict Mk. IV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chindits)
    no problem with Jews being killed
    Hey thanks for quoting half of my sentence. I think it only polite to give you the same treatment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radicalathiest)
    Part of the problem is that you include Palestinian fighters in that number

So no one belives you and it makes it easy to dismiss you
    No I don't.

With fighters included, Palestine's death toll was around 2,100.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28439404

ReputationRep:
    I just find it bizzare that Israel wants a Jewish homeland and many Liberal minded people support them. Something that would be considered 'BNP esque' if Brits demanded their homogenity back.

I see Israel as a Jewish land. Although, I don't support them killing Palestinians. Zionism is Nazism.

ReputationRep:
    The 'palestinian' terrorist leadership has instructed its youth to go out and attack Israelis.

That's exactly what is happening now as hundreds of feral terrorists are rioting in Jerusalem as we speak.

No doubt that if 'palestinain' casualties come about from this, the odious BBC will be reporting it as 'palestinain youth killed during protest'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catholic_)
    I just find it bizzare that Israel wants a Jewish homeland.
    Yeah. 'Bizzare' [sic] that a people slaughtered en masse by Europeans over millennia, wanted a homeland of their own.

I mean, it's not like there are Islamic Republics or Catholic states. eh?

Only the Jews can't have a nation :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. 'Bizzare' [sic] that a people slaughtered en masse by Europeans over millennia, wanted a homeland of their own.

I mean, it's not like there are Islamic Republics or Catholic states. eh?

Only the Jews can't have a nation :rolleyes:
    Are you Jewish? You also missed my point. Read the entire post. From my understanding Multiculturalism originates from a Zionist ideal.

ReputationRep:
    Are you Jewish? You also missed my point. Read the entire post. From my understanding Multiculturalism originates from a Zionist ideal.
    Oh, you're a BNPer.

Off you go.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, you're a BNPer.

Off you go.
    Didn't you say you wanted a Jewish homeland? Sounds like you have more in common with the BNP than myself. Zionists/BNP both want homelands, both want 'nons' evacuated.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't you say you wanted a Jewish homeland? Sounds like you have more in common with the BNP than myself. Zionists/BNP both want homelands, both want 'nons' evacuated.
    Israel has a larger ethnic minority population than the UK.

Israel has one of the largest Muslim populations in the world bar Muslim countries.

Looks like you don't have a clue about anything.

Now, aren't there some kids for you to nonce or something. Go do your Catholic thing.

ReputationRep:
    Israel has a larger ethnic minority population than the UK.

Israel has one of the largest Muslim populations in the world bar Muslim countries.

Looks like you don't have a clue about anything.

Now, aren't there some kids for you to nonce or something. Go do your Catholic thing.
    I'm not a Zionist, you're. You should spend your time trying to open the floodgates to Europe for differing cultures 'Zitzack'. It's common knowledge who's behind this act. It's people like you..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TurboCretin)
    No I don't.

With fighters included, Palestine's death toll was around 2,100.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28439404
    From your link

'
    The point is that it is hard to say with certainty at this stage how many of the dead in Gaza are civilians and how many were fighters. This is in no sense the fault of the UN employees collecting the figures - their statistics are accompanied by caveats and described as preliminary and subject to revision.
    But it does mean that some of the conclusions being drawn from them may be premature.'

From a linked article

So there were 226 members of armed groups killed, and another 709 men who were civilians. Among civilians, three times as many men were killed as women, while three times as many civilian men were killed as fighters.
    The UN report carries a caveat with its figures: "Data on fatalities and destruction of property is consolidated by the Protection and Shelter clusters based on preliminary information, and is subject to change based on further verifications."

ReputationRep:
    From your link

'
    The point is that it is hard to say with certainty at this stage how many of the dead in Gaza are civilians and how many were fighters. This is in no sense the fault of the UN employees collecting the figures - their statistics are accompanied by caveats and described as preliminary and subject to revision.
    But it does mean that some of the conclusions being drawn from them may be premature.'

From a linked article

So there were 226 members of armed groups killed, and another 709 men who were civilians. Among civilians, three times as many men were killed as women, while three times as many civilian men were killed as fighters.
    The UN report carries a caveat with its figures: "Data on fatalities and destruction of property is consolidated by the Protection and Shelter clusters based on preliminary information, and is subject to change based on further verifications."
    So you're criticising me for using figures which are a best guess on the part of one of the best authorities on the matter?

If I take your figures at face value (because it doesn't really affect my argument) presumably that means that about 900-950 men and women civilian Palestinians died.

Six Israeli civilians.

900-950 Palestinians.

I don't really understand your point, because the argument you're making isn't prejudicial to mine. The Palestinian and Israeli civilian casualties are orders of magnitude apart.

ReputationRep:
    1,500 civilians now? the number keeps growing and growing.
    That's generally what happens in conflict.

So what you're saying is that because the so-called 'palestinians' lose all the battles they start, that Israel shouldn't respond to these killings and attacks?
    No. I'm merely questioning the response they have opted for.

ReputationRep:
    So you're criticising me for using figures which are a best guess on the part of one of the best authorities on the matter?

If I take your figures at face value (because it doesn't really affect my argument) presumably that means that about 900-950 men and women civilian Palestinians died.

Six Israeli civilians.

900-950 Palestinians.

I don't really understand your point, because the argument you're making isn't prejudicial to mine. The Palestinian and Israeli civilian casualties are orders of magnitude apart.
    Best Guess no it's simple propaganda as they report the figure that they are told

ReputationRep:
    Best Guess no it's simple propaganda as they report the figure that they are told
    Prove it.

ReputationRep:
    Prove it.
    Already have

the BBC link confirms this

Tell you what you give me a list of who died and who provided the information

we'll talk after that

ReputationRep:
    Already have

the BBC link confirms this

Tell you what you give me a list of who died and who provided the information

we'll talk after that
    I'd like you to prove it's based on propaganda. I never said it was anything more than an authoritative estimate, so the burden of proof isn't on me.

ReputationRep:
    Americans send 'lessons learned' team to Israel to find out how they went about limiting civilian casualties in such an environment as Gaza.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=712_1415376512

Won't be surprised to see the Brits send a delegation too. Despite criticising Israel to appease the troublesome Muslim street in Europe, British and European countries often approach Israel for advice in fighting terrorism and doing so whilst sparing civilian life. The Brits did this after 7/7.

It was Mossad and Israeli security that advised the Brits on the Olympics security and it's Israeli teams and technology that will be in Brazil to do the same.

Leftists just need to cry into their latte. You're on the wrong side of history (again) and this will be born out in the future.

Leftists are odious.

ReputationRep:
    Americans send 'lessons learned' team to Israel to find out how they went about limiting civilian casualties in such an environment as Gaza.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=712_1415376512

Won't be surprised to see the Brits send a delegation too. Despite criticising Israel to appease the troublesome Muslim street in Europe, British and European countries often approach Israel for advice in fighting terrorism and doing so whilst sparing civilian life. The Brits did this after 7/7.

It was Mossad and Israeli security that advised the Brits on the Olympics security and it's Israeli teams and technology that will be in Brazil to do the same.

Leftists just need to cry into their latte. You're on the wrong side of history (again) and this will be born out in the future.

Leftists are odious.
    Israel very clearly has nothing to teach anybody about limiting civilian casualties as their record on doing it is absolutley horrendous http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv.../gaza-counter/

This is nothing more than a propaganda mission by the most pro-zionist state on the planet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Israel very clearly has nothing to teach anybody about limiting civilian casualties
    Strange how governments around the world disagree with the latte-sipping apologists for Muslim terror and send delegations to Israel.

I think I'll believe highly decorated generals and heads of security over no-mark leftist journalists and smelly students with kaffiah around their scrawny necks.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.