Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lidiaislam13)
    Well on Medify towards the end I often marked without completing all questions so percentages fell recently.
    AR 56.9%
    QR 59.8%
    VR 56.3%
    SJT 64.1%

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh right okay, why did you mark without completing??

ReputationRep:
    I think the scanning technique was less helpful in the real test. Some passages were monstrous. I had one that has like 6 paragraphs I think. The time pressure is felt much much more than you do during mocks.
    I don't think I'll be giving BMAT. I updated my initial post with my GCSE and A level predictions. Would you suggest me a few universities maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think the scanning technique was less helpful in the real test. Some passages were monstrous. I had one that has like 6 paragraphs I think. The time pressure is felt much much more than you do during mocks.
    I don't think I'll be giving BMAT. I updated my initial post with my GCSE and A level predictions. Would you suggest me a few unis maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thats what I'm thinking... theres no way BUT to skim read the passage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    Oh right okay, why did you mark without completing??
    Most of the time I got tired and just wanted to see the answers Other times I've had to end for some other work...

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'll be giving BMAT. I updated my initial post with my GCSE and A level predictions. Would you suggest me a few unis maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You could definitely apply to London BMAT universities, your stats are great for them. All BMAT universities would be good for you to be honest.
    You could apply to Bristol, Cardiff, Birmingham, Exeter and a lot of universities to be honest. Just try to avoid any who tend to have very high ukcat cut off points and don't take into consideration your other grades.

Btw quote me when you reply to me coz i don't get notified when u speak to me lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    thats what I'm thinking... theres no way BUT to skim read the passage.
    some people read the whole passage and then answer the other questions quickly because they can then be answered easily if you know the passage.
    Idk how tho

ReputationRep:
    some people read the whole passage and then answer the other questions quickly because they can then be answered easily if you know the passage.
    Idk how tho
    thats what i plan to do. sort of read it and go with my gut instinct. Im spending about 40 seconds reading/skimming the text .. then answering it UNLESS there is a keyword. with the T F CT questions i will just scan.

ReputationRep:
    You could definitely apply to London BMAT universities, your stats are great for them. All BMAT universities would be good for you to be honest.
    You could apply to Bristol, Cardiff, Birmingham, Exeter and a lot of universities to be honest. Just try to avoid any who tend to have very high ukcat cut off points and don't take into consideration your other grades.

Btw quote me when you reply to me coz i don't get notified when u speak to me lol
    Thanks for the suggestions. I know I was struggling a bit using the mobile app so I just posted it again and quoted you XD

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the suggestions. I know I was struggling a bit using the mobile app so I just posted it again and quoted you XD
    Oh right ha i find the mobile website is much better than the app

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiemunch12)
    Just finished with the qr mini mock and there were so many percentage questions where you had to keep adding up like 6 values. Do these come up that much in the actual thing? I suppose the only quick way of doing it is not to use a calculator? Any other tips? Thanks.
    I got a good number of questions like that. One mistake I did was not noting down the raw calculations for later use. Suppose you find the total carbohydrates in Burger A, Burger B and Burger C. Note them down even if you don't need them anymore for the current question. They might just be useful for the next questions and save you so much time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deathbeforeimmortality)
    Did my UKCAT. Second time. Only did better by 8 points. Terrible.*

VR 580
    QR 640
    AR 650

I didn't manage my time well. I was rushing and guessing a lot especially for QR. QR wasn't difficult but I fell into the trap of spending too much time on some questions.

AR was ok but I couldn't get some patterns so I ended up guessing.

VR has long passages and asks complex questions.

All I can say is key in this test is time management. Be smart. Flag and don't spend too much time on some of the questions especially for QR.*

I'm applying for GEM so I need a score of at least 700. I am not as disheartened as I was last year. Will try my luck doing the GAMSAT for March. *
    What ukcat mock would you say represented the test the best? I get caught up in a few questions in qr which I need to stop doing also what was particularly hard about vr?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I just got my ukcat and did really bad. What uni should I apply for a 6 year medicine course. Predicted grades are AAB. and average ukcat score is 643 and a band 3.. So which universities should I consider applying to for foundation/extended/widening. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Btw, I am not doing the BMAT as theres no use

ReputationRep:
    I'm struggling with what medical schools to apply for. I'm thinking of Bristol and UEA and don't know about the other two.
    I got 637 (average) on UKCAT plus band 2 and 3As at A-Level

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samrosenwalker)
    Guys, how did people find the AR mini mock on medify? I did pretty terrible :')
    Just did it. It was pretty tricky got 630

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragonblazer11)
    Hi,

I just got my ukcat and did really bad. What uni should I apply for a 6 year medicine course. Predicted grades are AAB. and average ukcat score is 643 and a band 3.. So which universities should I consider applying to for foundation/extended/widening. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Btw, I am not doing the BMAT as theres no use
    your ukcat isn't bad

trust me

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering does anyone know someone who got into medicine with an average of approx. 617 ? If so, what uni?

ReputationRep:
    omg i just got 530 in the medify VR mini mock! I found it so hard especially the comprehension questions!!! IM SO SCARED AS THE REAL ONE IS HARDER.. *any advice please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuba123)
    your ukcat isn't bad

trust me
    do you know where I should apply to

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else find AR and QR in Official ukcat mock c annoying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamin96)
    Anyone else find AR and QR in Official ukcat mock c annoying?
    I got 650 in both in mock C! From memory I think QR was okay in mock C but AR was hard for me! Hope that helps 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.