(Original post by anna_spanner89)
im still up..mooching around
How are you anna?
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Where you visiting in Germany, Pink Sapphire?

How is everyone? Haven't been on TSR in a while.
Pocket Calculator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How are you all?
I feel really really lethargic. As in, someone I massively fancy came on MSN for the first time in a while earlier and my head was so slow that I just couldn't think of things to say. in fact when i feel like this i like to call it "slowhead". yep, i've got slowhead tonight.
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
so do i. i only did one thing on my to do list
you got a car today! i bet most people didn't do that today!
Pocket Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
i've been in here quite a bit lately. overcome with workload and feeling extremely drained and emotionless for several weeks. but not actually looking forward to going back to uni all that much. how are you?
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Pocket Calculator)
i've been in here quite a bit lately. overcome with workload and feeling extremely drained and emotionless for several weeks. but not actually looking forward to going back to uni all that much. how are you?
Panicking about going back to uni. Can't see how I'm going to manage, the first few weeks especially. My parents have been extra careful to point out that I will always have a place here, but it's not the easy way out. I've got two options - go back to uni, try to get through it, hope that I can work hard enough and keep myself sane enough to study Psychology next year and hope that once I move into a new flat next Sept. everything changes; or stay here, throw away the three grand from this year, any chance of getting the job that I want in the future, will have to get a job here which will be a hell of a lot harder and will be without my friends. I've been avoiding TSR because I'm using my tried and tested 'head in the sand' approach.

I got very drunk last night (I'm still feeling the effects now, if I don't move slowly) and did some very stupid stuff. Which included becoming hysterically paranoid that the guy I got off with up in Nottingham on New Years (who lives in Bristol! Nowhere near here, in either case) was in the club and coming home and playing with a pair of scissors... So I've now got two nice cuts to try and hide from my parents. :rolleyes:
Pocket Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Panicking about going back to uni. Can't see how I'm going to manage, the first few weeks especially. My parents have been extra careful to point out that I will always have a place here, but it's not the easy way out. I've got two options - go back to uni, try to get through it, hope that I can work hard enough and keep myself sane enough to study Psychology next year and hope that once I move into a new flat next Sept. everything changes; or stay here, throw away the three grand from this year, any chance of getting the job that I want in the future, will have to get a job here which will be a hell of a lot harder and will be without my friends. I've been avoiding TSR because I'm using my tried and tested 'head in the sand' approach.
i'd say push on with uni. why do you have to move into a new flat? what's up with where you live now?
I got very drunk last night (I'm still feeling the effects now, if I don't move slowly) and did some very stupid stuff. Which included becoming hysterically paranoid that the guy I got off with up in Nottingham on New Years (who lives in Bristol! Nowhere near here, in either case) was in the club and coming home and playing with a pair of scissors... So I've now got two nice cuts to try and hide from my parents. :rolleyes:
wear long sleeves i guess...
you know in a perverse way i almost envy you. the whole time i've been in canada has been spectacularly uneventful. spent almost all of it in a state of total emotional neutrality, almost numb inside. i just wish something would happen.

:hugs:
what's the time over there anyway? (i'm in canada!)
jonathan122
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: for all
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i'd say push on with uni. why do you have to move into a new flat? what's up with where you live now?wear long sleeves i guess...
you know in a perverse way i almost envy you. the whole time i've been in canada has been spectacularly uneventful. spent almost all of it in a state of total emotional neutrality, almost numb inside. i just wish something would happen.

what's the time over there anyway? (i'm in canada!)
I'll try and push on with uni... I'm changing one of my modules to something *hopefully* easier and more enjoyable and I start another one that I'm really interested in, but I keep forgetting these things. I can't see anything as a whole anymore; it's not uni til may = not fun BUT then uni after = reaching an ambition, it's uni til may = hell. I keep getting paranoid about bumping into people I know around campus for some reason, social anxiety I guess and getting ahead of myself.

Long sleeves are definatly in order, I like to roll mine up a lot though so I'm going to have to be really careful for a while, luckily they're not very deep so they should be gone pretty quick. Stupid thing to do, not even sure why I did it. :rolleyes:

It's half 2 (give or take the few minutes it takes to write and post this...) in the morning. I'd love to visit Canada, it looks like a beautiful country. I'd exchange neutrality for the disappointment, anger and sadness I've had over the last few months. If you're anywhere near Vancouver, you could go star spot... I know of at least two or three TV shows that are filmed there :p:

Pocket Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's half 2 (give or take the few minutes it takes to write and post this...) in the morning. I'd love to visit Canada, it looks like a beautiful country. I'd exchange neutrality for the disappointment, anger and sadness I've had over the last few months. If you're anywhere near Vancouver, you could go star spot... I know of at least two or three TV shows that are filmed there :p:
nah, i'm near Toronto, which is closer to you than it is to Vancouver!

Push on with uni! You have friends there, right? What's been happening with you the last few months? Tell me if you want, or just catch some sleep, it is half 2 :P

Hopefully uni will work out :hugs:
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Push on with uni! You have friends there, right? What's been happening with you the last few months? Tell me if you want, or just catch some sleep, it is half 2 :P

Hopefully uni will work out :hugs:
Meh. It's all the same to me - Canada is Canada, right? :p:

That's part of the problem. I don't have any friends down there... I haven't seen my best mate since we left here back in September (I'm seeing her next weekend, finally) and although I've found some people to live with next year, I can't help thinking it's out of pity, not because they want me there. The topic of where we were living came up when me and two girls on my course were walking to class and I mentioned I didn't have anywhere, and one of them offered to see whether her other friends would be ok with it. I'm going to try and get to know them all better this term but it's hard when they all know each other and have their own routines already. All my friends from home have found their feet really well and none of them have found the time to come and see me - I've been to see a few of them already. (I'm off to see more this semester hopefully)

Last few months, in a nut shell, thought my flatmates were my friends - they just screw me over and have made it perfectly clear that I don't fit in. They've said they'll knock for me before they go out several times and then just left without me, gone out and not invited me but invited all the other flatmates, let me walk home with some random guy I'd just met when I was so drunk I couldn't see straight (the walk back to our flats is a wooded dark alleyway route, I wouldn't have done it with some random guy on my own if I was sober), even left me at a club at 2:30 in the morning with no way of getting home. I cba with them anymore, I have to put on a brave face and say everything is fine because there is no way I'd win an argument or even get a conversation about it with them without them going 'that's not true, we do blah blah blah with you' or similar. I honestly don't mind if they don't want to associate with me - I'd just rather that they kept it that way, rather than being fine with me one week and off with me the next.

Uni's been a massive disappointment because basically the only thing I like is the small independance I have, and that's got old now anyway. I have no clue what I want to do with my life; just a long list of what I don't want to do. The only thing I think would be ok would be forensic psychology but it's such a long route I can't even consider it properly. Since I got crap A levels I have to get a 2:1 this year to switch next year, something that won't be easy especially as I've got a third average on two out of my 6 modules from the first semester.

Sleep time now... Or I'll fall asleep at the keyboard :p:
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
I have had a major mood drop
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
:hugs: do you know why? x
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
*sighs* i hate depression. and bereavement. especially the two together
*pink_sapphires*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
you got a car today! i bet most people didn't do that today!
no, i didn't get a car. i didn't even get to the car showroom like i was meant to. the one thing i managed to do was apply for the college course
*pink_sapphires*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Where you visiting in Germany, Pink Sapphire?

I'm going to Lubeck Have you been there? How are you today?
YAP
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm going to Lubeck Have you been there?
Ooh, do you like marzipan?
Pocket Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
That's part of the problem. I don't have any friends down there... I haven't seen my best mate since we left here back in September (I'm seeing her next weekend, finally) and although I've found some people to live with next year, I can't help thinking it's out of pity, not because they want me there. The topic of where we were living came up when me and two girls on my course were walking to class and I mentioned I didn't have anywhere, and one of them offered to see whether her other friends would be ok with it. I'm going to try and get to know them all better this term but it's hard when they all know each other and have their own routines already. All my friends from home have found their feet really well and none of them have found the time to come and see me - I've been to see a few of them already. (I'm off to see more this semester hopefully)
Can you not stay in halls again if things fall through? It's not as bad as it sounds, I've done it three years running out of choice!

Your housemates sound awful! have they been like that the whole time or did anything trigger it? do you know why they're like that? are they all like that to you? i guess moving on from them and starting a clean slate is the bese move.
I have no clue what I want to do with my life; just a long list of what I don't want to do.
Well to be honest you're almost definitely in he majority there. I barely know anyone who actually knows what they're doing - that includes several postgrads. I wouldn't worry about it. Well, at least don't worry about it more than anyone else does.
Pocket Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
no, i didn't get a car. i didn't even get to the car showroom like i was meant to. the one thing i managed to do was apply for the college course
Aw. Not getting a car today just means you have more time to think about what car you really want! (mkII squareback polo. mkII squareback polo! in pea green!) Applying for that course was a fairly big thing to do, I'd say. Even if it didn't turn out quite how you hoped, you made a good effort!
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
:sadnod: Me too.

Many hugs to you.

:lovie:
QuantumTheory
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Having been to both, I can agree with this person.

I've been quite humbled right now; seeing so many people close to dying/looking really ill, even though I feel like crap, I'm actually quite happy to be alive and healthy!
*takes happy pills*
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (269)
38.48%
No - but I will (48)
6.87%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.3%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (331)
47.35%

Watched Threads