The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ape Gone Insane
On a completely unrelated note: we were told for AH we would only need to do integration by parts a maximum of 2 times in total for one question.

For example highest power being x^2

Is this true ? No nasty doing integration by parts 3 times?

Never seen one that you have to do three times in AH. Although what I call the "wraparound trick" for trig is pretty common.
Ape Gone Insane
On a completely unrelated note: we were told for AH we would only need to do integration by parts a maximum of 2 times in total for one question.

For example highest power being x^2

Is this true ? No nasty doing integration by parts 3 times?

I think so. The arrangement documents state "integrate by parts involving repeated applications" (at Grade A/B by the way), but the example given involves x^2, and I don't really think it would be fair for them to give one needing three, and if they did it would have to be worth a lot more marks than they normallly make questions worth.
LuhLah
I could see the mysterious Mr. Ape

Yeah, that would be good. :awesome:
Reply 5923
What video should I put in my sig?

This:

Or this:

Orrr this :awesome: :
Reply 5924

The page you requested was not found.

You may have clicked an expired link or mistyped the address. Some web addresses are case sensitive.

:sexface:

Fail. (I don't use facebook lol)
LuhLah
Fail. (I don't use facebook lol)

Oops. :p: Win.

Facebook would be better for stalking if it would (natively) let you do intersections/differences on people's friends (like 'I want everyone who is a mutual friend of A, B and C'). :holmes:
someone who is from glasgow or has done H geography, tell me the main changes in glasgows CBD ?
Reply 5927
TheUnbeliever

Facebook would be better for stalking if it would (natively) let you do intersections/differences on people's friends (like 'I want everyone who is a mutual friend of A, B and C'). :holmes:

Double fail....

Spoiler

:sexface: :sexface:
Reply 5928
stefany-a
someone who is from glasgow or has done H geography, tell me the main changes in glasgows CBD ?

http://highergeog.wordpress.com/

There have been many changes that have taken place in the CBD of Glasgow over the past few decades. They are mainly to do with traffic problems and decentralisation, but also gentrification to a certain extent. One of the main problems associated with traffic is that the roads are very narrow as they were built when there were few cars on the road. The solution to this problem is that one way traffic systems eg St Vincent Street have been put in place. Another problem involved with traffic in the CBD of Glasgow is that too many cars in the area are causing pollution and can be a danger to shoppers. However, the solution to this is that the main shopping centres have been pedestrianised eg Argyll and Buchanan Street. Finally, lack of parking and the prevention of cars coming into the town has posed a major problem for people and the way in which this has been dealt with is to introduce the new ‘park and ride’ scheme at Shields Road. Examples of decentralisation are the moving of shops to out of town centres eg Braehead, this is because land is cheaper on the outskirts and it is more accessible to people as it is near to the M8 motorway. As a result of this shops like GAP in Argyll Street are leaving the city centre and cheap shops are beginning to take over city centre locations on a temporary basis. The government may also provide subsidies to encourage clubs, pubs and resturants to take up places in the city centre to prevent it becoming too run down and unused. Gentrification plays a role also in the changes within the CBD over the past few decades, for example, many old factories and offices leave the city centre creating brown field sites in which new luxury appartments are built eg Glasgow Green. This encourages high income young people to move into the area as they want to be closer to the amenities the city centre offers.

Those links don't work (even your new one)

Ape Gone Insane
Yeah..I...um...bookmarked Unbelievers thread in the Maths forum :lolwut:

Equations turn me on. :sad:

I'm strongly suspecting it's actually me or TheUnbeliever that does. :dry:

It couldn't possibly be me

TheUnbeliever

Your links are trying to access cookies that exist in your machine but don't on ours.

Friends info are publicly available so I suppose someone will write an app one day that does it.
TheUnbeliever

Still didn't work :sad: took me back to the home page of mine.
LuhLah
Double fail....

Spoiler

:sexface: :sexface:

Bah! Apparently you'll need a Facebook account. :p: How dull.

Exploiting the fact that Facebook is roughly as secure as, say, a public park: direct link
ukdragon37
It couldn't possibly be me

And why not? I think he has a thing for you. :wink:

Your links are trying to access cookies that exist in your machine but don't on ours.

The second one shouldn't, unless it's using some form of deep magic that I can't fathom. It just links to his username - you should be able to go to www.facebook.com/UsernameHere and have it work. But it isn't. :shifty:

Friends info are publicly available so I suppose someone will write an app one day that does it.

I've thought about writing a quick and dirty program to do it, but I'm lazy and Facebook is buggy. :p:
Ape Gone Insane
:facepalm2:

That's just what everyone has seen already. :p:

I realize that!
Reply 5934
TheUnbeliever
Bah! Apparently you'll need a Facebook account. :p: How dull.

Exploiting the fact that Facebook is roughly as secure as, say, a public park: direct link

You're on a fail train :zomg:

Post up another, unseen picture :mmm:
LuhLah
Post up another, unseen picture :mmm:

Ape has not yet been graced with my 'friendship', so I can't. :p:

You're on a fail train :zomg:

That's the story of this evening so far, to be honest. :shifty:
TheUnbeliever

The second one shouldn't, unless it's using some form of deep magic that I can't fathom. It just links to his username - you should be able to go to www.facebook.com/UsernameHere and have it work. But it isn't. :shifty:

Or his profile has security enabled to block access by non-friends :shifty: Pity, that means I can't add him as a friend.

Spoiler

ukdragon37
Or his profile has security enabled to block access by non-friends :shifty:

I'm not his friend. :dontknow:

EDIT: Ah, but friends of friends... :wink:
What...uh....who gave me rep?
Ape Gone Insane
Did Cambridge boy stare at you for longer than 2 seconds?

On a Sunday? Yeah, sure. :facepalm2:

No, 'tis this: you know you have a problem when you base your prom dress choice on who models it ... I've changed my prom dress to this. :o:

Me: Have you heard of Daisy Lowe?
Mum: Uh-huh.
Me: LOL Well her mum designed it.
Mum: It doesn't look great on the site, but it's beautiful :biggrin:

SHOWBIZ STORY ALERT: One of my mum's friends lives in Paisley, where Paolo Nutini lives, and she says she was on the bus two months ago in Paisley when Paolo Nutini got on the bus and sat down next to her little boy!! Paolo asked him what he was singing and he told him he loved 'Postman Pat' and they started singing it together on the way into Glasgow!!! Apparently he uses public transport in and around Glasgow all the time and no one bothers him :eek: How cool is that??!

Latest