greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sleekchic)
Amy Pond. The girl who waited.

Coincidence? :holmes:
However I feel it might be referring to Melody not Amy in this circumstance.
LastLordofTime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
However I feel it might be referring to Melody not Amy in this circumstance.
No, it refers to Amy. The shots in the trailer of an older Amy, the robots and Amy with a sword are all from this episode I imagine it's possibly a Doctor-Lite episode.
Colonel.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm assuming that Amy looks for Melody for a very long time.
Miracle Day
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Harriet Jones, former prime minister.

Anyway, just rewatched the Stolen Earth.. why didnt the Doctor just go back in time on the Earth as the Earth teleported throughout the universe?
rmhumphries
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Miracle Day)
Harriet Jones, former prime minister.

Anyway, just rewatched the Stolen Earth.. why didnt the Doctor just go back in time on the Earth as the Earth teleported throughout the universe?
Don't know, it would have something to do with fact he was in the timeline, so events would carry on without him. Like when the master respawned, the doctor entered afterwards, whereas he would have been saved a lot of hassle if he had have gone to the prison the day before it burned down, and took Mrs Saxon away to somewhere safer. (Although that would have made a lot shorter and less thrilling two episodes)
Hype en Ecosse
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sleekchic)
Regarding the paragraph in bold, it doesn't seem that ludicrous. Presumably Madam Kovarain takes baby Melody to earth and perhaps delivers her to the Silence at the orphanage and the Silence and that Doctor bring up Melody until they need her for whatever it is their plan in.
(Only "the Doctor" has a capital D, the title doctor isn't a proper noun so shouldn't have the capital. That confused me for a sec. )
Do we know Kovarian has access to temporal transcendental technology though? Because we have to keep in mind this orphanage was in 1960/1961.
My other logic of Melody being in the orphanage, not necessarily as an orphan, just not there by any malicious means, is that the picture with Amy and Melody was in the room. If it was the work of Kovarian, why would they be allowed sentiments? Also, at the moment of Kovarian having the baby Amy hasn't really been happy or had the chance to take a cute little picture with her daughter.

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)

And to Ape, why disagree? The entire nature of regeneration is that it changes personality too, hell I'm just after watching the First Doctor's series and he's a cold-hearted ******* who seems to have a disdain for humans and how stupid they are. I don't think maturity has anything to do with being evil! And if you think a regeneration can't backtrack in maturity take a look at the simple Ten to Eleven change. Our current Doctor is just a big kid :holmes:

The orphanage having no other children is more down to it being abandoned, remember it was only inhabited by that one crazy guy and he kept going on about "the kids" so it did have children at one point. It was just either shut down or the Silents ran them out/kidnapped them/killed them too.

I always hate reading the word "future" in the context of Doctor Who, it's so difficult to establish the point in time as compared to the real world. It could be Kovarian's future, or the Doctor's future, or the future in terms of the chronological timeline of the story, or a point in the future from our perspective, or a point in the future from the character's perspective (like going from the 21st to the 31st century.) and blah de blah de blah you get what I mean!

I don't even know why we're discussing this River/Kovarian thing because we've both established that we hate the idea.
boba
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm rather happy that this thread seems to be more active again
elitepower
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wouldn't be surprised if the First Doctor was a cold hearted *******. You can't expect a Time Lord to just meet a new species and love them off the bat. As you can see, he warmed to them eventually.
An example of this is the ood. The first time the Doctor met them, they were his enemies. By the end of the planet of the ood, he was defending the ood from the humans. When we get to the end of time, the ood are the doctor`s allies.
JamesPen
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but the eye at 00:14 looks a lot like the Face of Boe.
LastLordofTime
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JamesPen)
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but the eye at 00:14 looks a lot like the Face of Boe.
When was the last time you looked at a picture of the Face of Boe? :teehee:
Hype en Ecosse
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
**** this. I can't win. Just gonna go on Halo.

(Original post by elitepower)
An example of this is the ood. The first time the Doctor met them, they were his enemies. By the end of the planet of the ood, he was defending the ood from the humans. When we get to the end of time, the ood are the doctor`s allies.
They were his enemy because they were channelling the soul of satan himself and trying to kill everyone on board. He never inherently hated them just upon meeting them - if you watch the episode he was very interested and bemused by them at first!
JamesPen
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LastLordofTime)
When was the last time you looked at a picture of the Face of Boe? :teehee:
Its like at the start of 00:13 and its the sort of brown skin reminded me of the face of Boe.
LastLordofTime
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JamesPen)
Its like at the start of 00:13 and its the sort of brown skin reminded me of the face of Boe.
I know where the shot is - my point was that it looks nothing like the Face of Boe. Boe's eyes were a golden-y sort of colour, and were bloodshot.
Interrobang
  • Volunteer Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I hadn't thought about the water in relation to the lake in TIA... It was very much a 'we've mentioned it in this ep and haven't mentioned it since'. I just want the new eps to be on :sad:
elitepower
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I love the fact that in the trailer when it says something has happened to time, the music slows down.
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No, it refers to Amy. The shots in the trailer of an older Amy, the robots and Amy with a sword are all from this episode I imagine it's possibly a Doctor-Lite episode.
It doesn't have to refer to Amy...you'd think it would...but that could just be Moffat being all Moffat and :troll:
LastLordofTime
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
It doesn't have to refer to Amy...you'd think it would...but that could just be Moffat being all Moffat and :troll:
I now apply Occam's Razor to anything to do with Moffat
mabrookes
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I now apply Occam's Razor to anything to do with Moffat
He is not actually as hairy as that smiley you know
S_123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've just watched Series 5 and it was absolutely brilliant I only started watching from Series 6 and now I'm rewatching S6 and it makes so much more sense now

I wanted to ask, has there ever been a time where Amy is jealous of Rory with another girl? Because Rory is constantly insecure about Amy and the Doctor and I'd like to see that reciprocated sometime so that Rory can feel all special
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.86%
No - but I will (101)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (632)
47.66%

Watched Threads