Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by simmy123)
    Im soo nervous about the gcse results I will be happy with B grades and above I will be slightly upset If I receive any C's because the sixth form I want to go to is a grammar school and they want 5 A*-B's so I really need 5 B's technically
    Same ! I want to go to a grammar school 6th form next year but they're asking for 6A*s to B's.

ReputationRep:
    The grade boundaries for the Edexcel - Unit 3 science exams were higher than I thought they would be...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mccrae01)
    Same ! I want to go to a grammar school 6th form next year but they're asking for 6A*s to B's.
    Well good luck I just don't want to feel dissappointed on results day because I really want to get out of my current school these grades are like a golden ticket to the grammar school and a one way ticket out of my current school lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mccrae01)

Grammar school students are elitist snobs, and will look down on you depending on what school you come from.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Well good luck I just don't want to feel dissappointed on results day because I really want to get out of my current school these grades are like a golden ticket to the grammar school and a one way ticket out of my current school lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck to you too !!

ReputationRep:
    :eek:
    It will be fine
    It will be fine
    It will be fine
    It will be fine
    It will be fine
    It will be fine

Don't worry guys. We will be fine

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=snikutsmullac;44103416]Grammar school students are elitist snobs, and will look down on you depending on what school you come im actually going to take that on board however I come from a fairly respected school and I have few friends there and they definitely not snobs! Obviously there probably will some stuck up people there let's just hope they are a small number
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys reckon you will get tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    It literally has not sunk it that it is tomorrow. I've still got the nervous feeling I've had for months, but not the ''oh crap, its tomorrow'' nervous feeling.

ReputationRep:
    My hands are shaking from looking at Edexcel grade boundaries.

And I can't find the AQA IGCSE boundaries - I don't think they're out yet but I may be wrong. I can't find them.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=simmy123;44103463]
    (Original post by snikutsmullac)
    Grammar school students are elitist snobs, and will look down on you depending on what school you come im actually going to take that on board however I come from a fairly respected school and I have few friends there and they definitely not snobs! Obviously there probably will some stuck up people there let's just hope they are a small number
    Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not trying to be disrespectful or put you off, if it's what you want then go for it, but from my experience of visiting one the students at grammar schools think they are above those from normal public schools.

And it can't really be justified. Grammar schools are full of much more middle-class people, and I overheard a lot of them saying the only expected to get D's and C's tomorrow. Whereas at my school, there are a lot of working class, poor background students who are expected to get all A*.

ReputationRep:
    5 Minutes until AQA Grade boundaries June 2013 are released:
    http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ...ade-boundaries

NEWS:

English language January 2013 Grade Boundaries will be released TOMORROW (Results day, Aug 22)

However the June 2013 exam of the unit will be released as usual in 5 minutes time

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=snikutsmullac;44103478]

I'm not trying to be disrespectful or put you off, if it's what you want then go for it, but from my experience of visiting one the students at grammar schools think they are above those from normal public schools.

And it can't really be justified. Grammar schools are full of much more middle-class people, and I overheard a lot of them saying the only expected to get D's and C's tomorrow. Whereas at my school, there are a lot of working class, poor background students who are expected to get all A*.
    Thats totally fine I think I need to be prepared anyway in terms of the environment im might step into so yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedSchool)
    20 Minutes until AQA Grade boundaries June 2013 are released:
    http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ...ade-boundaries

NEWS:

English language January 2013 Grade Boundaries will be released TOMORROW (Results day, Aug 22)

However the June 2013 exam of the unit will be released as usual in 20 minutes time

I REALLY hope German boundaries are low...

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=simmy123;44103494]

Thats totally fine I think I need to be prepared anyway in terms of the environment im might step into so yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile

The teaching and that you get probably will be better, in fairness, and you might come out with better results if you apply yourself. Just try and stay grounded and remember we are all equal!

ReputationRep:
    I REALLY hope German boundaries are low...
    Me too! Hopefully 30/45 for an A in reading and 26/40 for an A in listening. Probably would be 37/45 for an A* for reading and 32/40 for an A* in listening.

The wait...

ReputationRep:
    I seriously hope English Lit doesn't go up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack59)
    Hoping for around 45/68 for unit 1 and 41/42 out of 54 for unit 2- both for A*'s. AHHH!:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedSchool)
    Me too! Hopefully 30/45 for an A in reading and 26/40 for an A in listening. Probably would be 37/45 for an A* for reading and 32/40 for an A* in listening.

The wait...

The tension of knowing how badly we're gonna fail :'(
    (joking of course)

I think I screwed up my German exams so badly, I really want them to be low so there's a glimmer of hope for tomorrow! German is the one subject I'm really worried for!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack59)
    Which texts did you do in the English Lit exam?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.