Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well, on its official website,it says:If you are holding the School as an insurance place we will not make you an offer of accommodation until your place becomes firm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel_nile)
    Well, on its official website,it says:If you are holding the School as an insurance place we will not make you an offer of accommodation until your place becomes firm.
    I haven't put them as my insurance though, I'm going to put them as my firm but I was going to wait until after the visit day... But does this mean that they won't make me an offer for accommodation until I have put them down as my firm? Agh this is so confusing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StretfordEnd)
    I've not firmed yet either, it doesn't matter :>
    Ah okay, but will they not get back with an offer for accommodation until they have been put as your firm choice??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiekate1)
    I haven't put them as my insurance though, I'm going to put them as my firm but I was going to wait until after the visit day... But does this mean that they won't make me an offer for accommodation until I have put them down as my firm? Agh this is so confusing.
    I think they won't give you an offer because they don't know what you decision is. They may think that you still have the possibility to put it as an insurance.So, make the decision immediately after the visiting day please if you still want to know more about the school before making it as a firm choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CEKTOP)
    Bristol, no contest.
    why is that? Heard Exeter has been rising and Bristol falling so wasnt to sure but also heard bristol is great. can u expand on why please.

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone who will go for the Visit Day on 9th of April? I have one question.... I wonder if you recieved a confirmation letter after booking a place for the Visit Day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yzhang)
    Is there anyone who will go for the Visit Day on 9th of April? I have one question.... I wonder if you recieved a confirmation letter after booking a place for the Visit Day?
    The email should be in the junk folder!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hm,I've applied actuarial science.I 'm confusing about the course requirement.It says a-level math must be A and further math is highly desirable. Do you know whether further math is essential or not?

ReputationRep:
    Have you got an offer? And if you have, what were the requirements of your conditional offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yzhang)
    I received a confirmation email that needs to be printed out and brought to the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #Unknown)
    Have you got an offer? And if you have, what were the requirements of your conditional offer?
    I've got an offer which only mentioned an requirement of another A without any subject restriction. However, on the website, they say that further math is HIGHLY desirable...It's confusing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wisefire)
    I've thought of applying for the Statistics With Finance course at LSE. I got 1 A*, 4 As, 5 Bs and a C at IGCSE. I do Maths, Economics, Physics and History for my AS-levels. If I perform fantastically this year, and get 4 As, as well as 90% UMS in a reasonable number of my modules/subjects, does anybody think I have a decent chance of getting in, with an articulate, considered and impressive Personal Statement...?
    Your GCSEs arent good enough but you might be able to confiscate with great A levels and outstanding PS. LSE is, however, very unpredictable. My friend was rejected with 5 As and I was accepeted with ABBB. Although my Bs were all 79%. I had all As or A* s at GCSE except for 1 B. So you should try if you have 3 As or better. And pay special attention to PS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arminb)
    Your GCSEs arent good enough but you might be able to confiscate with great A levels and outstanding PS. LSE is, however, very unpredictable. My friend was rejected with 5 As and I was accepeted with ABBB. Although my Bs were all 79%. I had all As or A* s at GCSE except for 1 B. So you should try if you have 3 As or better. And pay special attention to PS.
    What subject are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hypothetically, is it possible to switch from Management to Economics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What are people wearing to the visit day tomorrow. Smart, smart casual, casual?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C7jnr)
    What are people wearing to the visit day tomorrow. Smart, smart casual, casual?
    Casual
    And I imagine it'll be quite busy tomorrow, not sure what to expect from the 'subject taster session' eeeek

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corax)
    Casual
    And I imagine it'll be quite busy tomorrow, not sure what to expect from the 'subject taster session' eeeek

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think ill dress a bit smart casual as im expecting some people to come with suit and tie, haha. I hope they give a taster lecture rather than talk about what the course is about because we already know that. And my mine is the morning session what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C7jnr)
    I think ill dress a bit smart casual as im expecting some people to come with suit and tie, haha. I hope they give a taster lecture rather than talk about what the course is about because we already know that. And my mine is the morning session what about you?
    Aha really? I didn't think people would dress so smart.
    Same, that'd probably be a bit more useful and afternoon, thankfully! I don't think I would have been able to get down to London otherwise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corax)
    Aha really? I didn't think people would dress so smart.
    Same, that'd probably be a bit more useful and afternoon, thankfully! I don't think I would have been able to get down to London otherwise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There always people like that, trust me. Lucky it's only 30 minutes away for me, I think I might bring my maths book and revise in their library for a bit if I can get away with it, haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    What subject are you doing? Posted from TSR Mobile
    The subjects I do are Maths, Economics, Physics and History; dropping History next year, so I can still have a quantitative and competitive lineup of A-levels.

What's this taster day tomorrow...? To late to go now, of course. I need to go to a lot of these after AS exams, in the summer.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.